Advertisement
Boards Golf Society are looking for new members for 2022...read about the society and their planned outings here!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

Open scrimmage next week - don't miss out :)

  • #1
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭ Merrilady


    East Coast Cyclones are hosting an open and mixed scrimmage on Friday Nov 15th in St Killians School Hall, Bray.
    There is no charge to participate.
    Just bring along your game face

    This is an open scrimm, and Men and Women's teams are Welcome.
    It is open to Rookies of all levels, so Fresh Meat MIMS are a must.

    There are 28 skater positions open, 2/3 trainee referee positions, NSO's and bench / line up also.
    In the event page on Facebook you can choose which position you wish to take part in.

    There is also a small viewing gallery where your kids, team mates, potential Derby followers can come to watch. We hope to have tea and coffee and we will definitely have some of Tara's cakes available. There will be a small fee to watch.

    I hope it's ok to post the event on all your official team pages and in turn you can pass on to your members.

    Details again

    Date : Friday Nov 15th
    Registration: 8-8.15pm
    Whistle: 8.30- 8.45pm
    Location: Bray, co Wicklow

    Hope to see you there :)


Comments



  • My first night watching Roller Derby live, and I was shadowing the head NSO so was slap bang in the middle of everything.
    It was a FANTASTIC night, loved every minute of it! Am definitely already addicted!

    Although, note to self, next time track laying is mentioned, BRING KNEEPADS! :pac::pac:

    Thanks everyone for a great night x




  • Ooh your first live experience that's so exciting mylina! It was actually a really fun scrimmage to watch I had a great time. Did you enjoy shadowing the head nso?




  • Tails! wrote: »
    Ooh your first live experience that's so exciting mylina! It was actually a really fun scrimmage to watch I had a great time. Did you enjoy shadowing the head nso?

    Yes! It was great, but wow, sooooo much info, I'll never remember it all! :D
    Can't wait to do/see it all again :)




  • Thats great Mylina, I'm sorry to have missed you, I've officially started my Derbt maternity leave
    Great to have another convert.
    Are you interested in being in track or just in the middle ?




  • Merrilady wrote: »
    Thats great Mylina, I'm sorry to have missed you, I've officially started my Derbt maternity leave
    Great to have another convert.
    Are you interested in being in track or just in the middle ?

    I think I met you briefly last Monday when I was up for the meeting in Bray for the NSO's! You popped your head in briefly I think :)

    I hope to try out for at the next freshmeat night.. Missed the last one due to college stuff (went back part time after what seems like a hundred years!) but, I definitely want to skate. Especially after being in the middle of the scrimmage on Friday!!! :) I am possibly too old to skate, but really want to be involved in some way, so could possibly stay as NSO :)


  • Advertisement


  • Too old to skate??? I hope i'm never too old to skate :eek:




  • Never too old to skate
    If I'm not too old, no one is :)

    That's great Mylina, we might be on the same course then.
    I'm going back to Gresh Meat when the baby is born :)
    In the meantime - keep up the good NSO work :)




  • Merrilady wrote: »
    Never too old to skate
    If I'm not too old, no one is :)

    That's great Mylina, we might be on the same course then.
    I'm going back to Gresh Meat when the baby is born :)
    In the meantime - keep up the good NSO work :)

    When are you due? Fun times ahead for you! :)


Advertisement