Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acupuncture

Options
  • 06-11-2013 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi
    Wondering if anybody has tried acupuncture for kidney stones. I have been having treatment for stones for the last two years and after changes in diet etc i am still producing stones. I've had a rake of tests but they still can't give me any clear indication on why I'm producing so many of the things! Anyhow I'm now thinking of trying alternative medicine and I've heard a lot of positive things about acupuncture.
    Would anybody recommend?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Acupuncture is just pinching on your skin. If you are not satisfied with the apparent lack of progress, consult another doctor.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Any discussion on acupuncture becomes divisive very quickly. It has no real scientific basis, yet people do seem to get something from it. Its up to you if you try it or not, but approach it with a critical eye, and don't spend a heap of money on it.

It should be used alongside, and not in place of, conventional treatment, obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Halfprice

Can acupuncture help with siactica? have had physio but to no avail.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Johnny Drama_11

Halfprice wrote: »
    Can acupuncture help with siactica? have had physio but to no avail.

I have had acupuncture in the past when suffering from siactica and it worked. I was not taking any other form of pain releif at the time and it took multiple sessions to clear it but it worked. With acupuncture I think you have to belive that it will work to see any sort of return.
    I was skeptical prior to my first session but the pain reduced after my first appointment so went again.

To be honest I dont fully understand it but if it works on me it works so I wont knock it.

Advertisement