Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Missing-the-Point.jpg

That does not even make sense in this argument. :confused:

Anyway, move a long. Good luck in your decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Hmm, I'm an Xbox man but I'm not getting either for at least 12 months I think. In recent times I've been completely swayed by the PS3 exclusives and the insane value in the PS+ program versus the p!ss poor Games For Gold attemp by Xbox.

It's a big case of wait and see at this stage. I've got heaps to be doing on 360 for the time being so I'm in no rush at the moment.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

PS4 clearly. I can't see my money going to MS this time round

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

X1 at launch for me as I love Forza and achievements but I was on the fence until they binned the 24hr DRM BS.

PS4 already paid for :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Thomas D

I was happy enough to buy into a new xbox but they've made a complete mess of it. 720p games? €100 premium for a gimmick like Kinect? I'll miss the controller but I'll sit this generation out for a year at least. Pc gaming all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I didn't get a PS3 until the Slim, at which point there were plenty of games like Infamous and 2 Uncharteds to play.
    Will probably wait again this gen. If I do get one it's looking like it'll be PS4 unless Microsoft do something to convince me to get a XBox One

WoW, PS4 is winning it by A LOT. I was expecting something like 60% to 40%, but not that!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭Hawkeye1

WoW, PS4 is winning it by A LOT. I was expecting something like 60% to 40%, but not that!

why would you pay more for less? surprised its not winning by more tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

PS4 for me. €100 cheaper, the continued support of PS+ and seemingly better hardware swing it for me.

• Advertisement

Hawkeye1 wrote: »
    why would you pay more for less? surprised its not winning by more tbh

Because I never underestimate the "Power of Fanboy", unfortunately 2 of my local buddies still a hardcore Xbox fanboys and will pick up Xbox One, not ps4. I would love to be able to play with them, but I just cant justify Xbox one. Specially with more and more negative reports about xbox one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

Are people not put off Xboxes by previous hardware problems such as the RRoD?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

No more than people possibly being put off by a network security hack.

You would have to think (/hope) microsoft and sony have learned from any mistakes made in the last generation of consoles.

Lucena wrote: »
    Are people not put off Xboxes by previous hardware problems such as the RRoD?

Posted by other user in Playstation forum:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/11/04/ps4s-alleged-overheating-problems-developers-say-they-dont-exist/

both Consoles have no Issue with overheating at all. Its a good start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭dor83

Because I never underestimate the "Power of Fanboy", unfortunately 2 of my local buddies still a hardcore Xbox fanboys and will pick up Xbox One, not ps4. I would love to be able to play with them, but I just cant justify Xbox one. Specially with more and more negative reports about xbox one.
    It's not all "fanyboys" that are getting the Xbox over the PS4, some people will prefer the games on the Xbox over the PS4, for example if I was getting the PS4 on launch I would only have a real interest in multi-platform titles and maybe Killzone but on Xbox I really want and am getting Dead Rising and Forza, nothing to do with fanboyism, just I prefer the games on Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Looking to PS4 but not at launch, not until a system seller game comes and forces me to buy one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

PS4 eventually but no rush. Thankfully Dark Souls 2 is coming out on PS3 so no forced buy just yet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Will get a PS4 at some point, no interest at all in the Xbox.

Have stuck with Sony since PS1 and got PS2 and 3 at release. Bought a 360 in 2010 because that's what most of my friends were playing at the time but hardly touched it after a month or two and went straight back to PS3.

Have moved more towards PC gaming in recent years and if I were to spend €400/500 on a gaming device I'd sooner buy some shiny new PC components than a console.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

I never bought a console until a game came out on it that really pudhed me over the edge to buy it. For example bioshock forced me to buy the 360.

However in this case neither qre pushing my buttons. It seems that they wre removing more features than adding them

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jiminho

Just curiously, to all the people who picked the PS4, why are you picking it over the Xbox One? I mean is it the price? Whats 100 quid when your going to keep the console for years. The games? Personnel taste I guess but i thought this would be divided 50/50. I just wonder why the poll is so one sided.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Neither?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

jiminho wrote: »
    Just curiously, to all the people who picked the PS4, why are you picking it over the Xbox One? I mean is it the price? Whats 100 quid when your going to keep the console for years. The games? Personnel taste I guess but i thought this would be divided 50/50. I just wonder why the poll is so one sided.

It's a better console, technically, which I'd say has made the decision for most people

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

COYVB wrote: »
    It's a better console, technically, which I'd say has made the decision for most people

The software/os should be better on Xbox, the current Xbox 360 feels next gen in comparison to the ps3, it's an utter pain in the arse of a system to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,269 ✭✭✭✭Penn

jiminho wrote: »

100 quid is an extra game and controller at launch. Particularly important coming up to Christmas when money can be tight. And as both consoles are largely similar, 100 quid is a big difference. The XB1 costs more because it comes with Kinect, something many people neither want nor will use if it can be avoided. The DRM restrictions have been lifted by Microsoft, but there's no guarantee it won't be brought back in after a year or so. Then continued support for PlayStation Plus is another thing which would sway favour towards the PS4, given the amazing value it has been on PS3. Sony has also marketed the PS4 as more of a complete gaming machine, where MS have marketed the Media functions of the XB1, even though most of those features won't be available to people here.

€100 is a pretty big difference with the consoles being so close in terms of power and specs. But it's not the only reason why most are going for the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭myIdea

Will the xBox one, play xBox 360 game's?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Titanfall + Xbone Controller + Xbox Live = Game Changer

The software/os should be better on Xbox, the current Xbox 360 feels next gen in comparison to the ps3, it's an utter pain in the arse of a system to use.

What on rather are you talking about? The 360 has been dead and buried for 18 months while the ps3 has continued to age with grace

myIdea wrote: »
    Will the xBox one, play xBox 360 game's?

It will not

Wouldn't go that far. Titanfall is shaping up to be a find game, but a game changer it ain't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,269 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Have you used a PS4 controller? I know most people preferred the 360 controller over the PS3, but I thought that reports were indicating that the PS4's controller is much improved and possibly even on a par with the XB1's controller, or at least that the difference between them was largely insignificant.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement