Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Spooks' the movie to shoot next year

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

This is the film I'm looking forward to most this year!

TV seems to be falling in love with spy stuff again, The Game starts on BBC2 during the week and Le Carre's The Night Manager is being made with a super cast. One of my least favourite Le Carre books but Olivia Coleman, Hugh Laurie and David Harewood can't be bad!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

It's out on Thursday in some cinemas

• Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Harry the only tv show character in this or can we expect a few cameos?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,407 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Malcolm
    is in the trailer.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I think that
    weasel of a home secretary
    is in the trailer too

I cant wait!

• Advertisement

Spooks is getting an early screening in Cineworld at 8pm tomorrow the 30th.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Wonder if they're doing anything fun with the UK premiere (if there is one) such as giving away free tickets you have to find at a dead drop. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The One Show - Peter Firth is on.

There is now two cinemas in Carlow town and neither are showing it over the coming week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 55,471 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Spooks is in the IMC. Click through to any day from tomorrow onwards.

http://www.imccinemas.ie/filmtimes.asp?venue=CARLOW

• Advertisement

Going to go see it next week in Cineworld
    Cannot wait!

Mr E wrote: »
    Spooks is in the IMC. Click through to any day from tomorrow onwards.

http://www.imccinemas.ie/filmtimes.asp?venue=CARLOW

Super thank you.

Now to stay awake tomorrow coming off the night shift tonight and go to a quiet afternoon screening.

Let us know what you think! It's got 3 stars on entertainment.ie

SarahBM wrote: »
    Let us know what you think! It's got 3 stars on entertainment.ie

It seems to be getting middle of the road ratings but I wonder how many of the reviewers were invested in the 10 seasons or are they just judging it as a stand alone film.

It seems to be getting middle of the road ratings but I wonder how many of the reviewers were invested in the 10 seasons or are they just judging it as a stand alone film.

Ya, the first thing I thought was that the reviewer has probably never even seen an episode of spooks. I wish I had had the time to do a run through.

I loved it.

Peter Firth is brilliant as always.

I miss the series even more now.

I loved it.

Peter Firth is brilliant as always.

I miss the series even more now.

Can't wait!!!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Quite enjoyed the film. I'd happily see another.

Much of its premise can be summed up by its title, The Greater Good. This is in essence the heart of the ugly as feck decisions Harry Pearce has always had to make and carry. He later rightly sums things up with 'it's my job'. As with this genre, you can only do this with a character of his calibre.

The bad guy isn't all the interesting here, and it's fairly light on action, but when you have Pearce, who cares? There's the usual elements such as dodgy agendas, people at loggerheads and some nice nods to the series. I did enjoy the umbrella thing and Harry's no nonsense visit - you'll know what I mean if you see it.

Now, quite why anyone would cast Kit Harington in anything I've no idea. Though I will give him
    the neck shot at the end.

Harry. What a Man. I didn't realize how much i have missed this show. Would love of they did another series. But that's probably wishful thinking.
    I would have liked of they had given more background on the baddie, like how Ruth used to do in the briefings. Also, what the he'll was Geraldine's job title. I wasn't quite sure what qualified her to be in the room to be honest.
    I guess I will just have to go see it again. :)

Bach cello scene remind you of anything? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Just back and am happy. We got lots of Harry and - importantly - Harry looking into the distance, his head heavy with thoughts which is a *must*.

Anyone else do a silent cheer when Malcolm did his cameo in the café?

Loved the focus on Harry's tough choices.

Anyone else think that they're over playing Ruth's long game? I mean I know she's obviously not dead, could never be, so I'm assuming it's another cover like with Roz. I'm surprised they didn't do the reveal at the end and show her meeting Harry. Must be saving it for the sequel, set in the Nile.

I had honestly forgotten Ruth's situation and it a took a while to click in my head whilst watching this. She died in last series and her name is on a memorial wall somewhere, right?

Bach cello scene remind you of anything? ;)

I'm drawing a blank :(

I honestly think that Ruth is dead. :( I wish she wasn't but I don't see how she could have survived. Her name is on the wall at Thames House.
    I did squeal a little when I saw Malcolm. I love him. As quick witted as ever :D

I have an issue with the guy playing the baddie. Wasn't he in Spooks the series? as a tech. or am I dreaming?

I'm drawing a blank :(

West Wing - Yo Yo Ma...:cool:

Ruth is dead.:(

As much as I would have loved to see Tom and all other living agents from the 10 seasons to make cameos Spook has and always really will be about Harry.

I'm glad it got a cinema release and I hope it makes money as if it does I am sure they will make another one in a few years.

If one thing comes this I hope we get to see more of Peter Firth on our big and small screens for many more years to come.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

She died in last series and her name is on a memorial wall somewhere, right?
    Yeah but Ros also died and came back. And then died properly...

Malcolm and Harry are the only two Spooks to survive the bloodbath that is the series in general.

The one Spook I did think might turn up was Zoe.

ixoy wrote: »
    Yeah but Ros also died and came back. And then died properly...

Malcolm and Harry are the only two Spooks to survive the bloodbath that is the series in general.

Mace is still alive. Unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,471 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I have an issue with the guy playing the baddie. Wasn't he in Spooks the series? as a tech. or am I dreaming?

Elyes Gabel also plays Walter O'Brien in Scorpion - maybe that's where you recognise him from. Arguably better at playing a terrorist than a love-sick Irish genius. :)

Saw Spooks last night and loved it. Enjoyable from start to finish, and I especially loved the little epilogue (
    I'd use the last 2 hours to go play with your lovely niece
    ).

• Advertisement

Any word on box office? Second to Avengers, which is no small achievement, really.

Advertisement