Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Cheapest Christmas Wrapping Paper in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

Tesco have a roll of wrapping paper for either 25/35c at the Moment it is only a small roll but it's 3 for 2 so it's perfect for Santa presents!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Posy wrote: »
    The Hallmark shops have sheet music wrapping paper- I've seen it in the Grafton Street and Stephen's Green branches. :)

Ohhh I'd love that. Is it rolls or just sheets? Sheets work out so expensive :o

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Just sheets. But they're pretty big.
    They are brown paper with sheet music on them.
    The one on Grafton Street is the 'Card Gallery' by the way. But that's essentially the same as Hallmark to me!

Edit- It looks like this

f3bea8f09e63266bc1adcf82a79e633e.jpg

That's beautiful!! Think that may be me sorted for this year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭justforgroups

Tesco do loads of wrapping paper and it's not mentioned at all?
    They didn't have any priced when I checked first or second times but will check them again this week and update the file :-)

Will update on Pennys too when I get to one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

My granny used to meticously make sure that all wrapping paper that wasn't torn to shreds was saved, so as to be reused for the next year. The same thing was done with envelopes, she would never write anything on it, as this would mean she couldn't reuse them.

ALEDfeI.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 338 ✭✭Crazy Eye

10 meter long x 90cm wide rolls for 2 euro in arro ecc hardware stores . they had quite a few styles of christmas paper to chose from , bought a few rolls earlier this morning good quality paper .

Crazy Eye wrote: »
    10 meter long x 90cm wide rolls for 2 euro in arro ecc hardware stores . they had quite a few styles of christmas paper to chose from , bought a few rolls earlier this morning good quality paper .
    I'm not near one of those shops myself, but from what you say I presume it's €2 per roll, making it 0.22 - a penny dearer than Dealz :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 338 ✭✭Crazy Eye

I'm not near one of those shops myself, but from what you say I presume it's €2 per roll, making it 0.22 - a penny dearer than Dealz :D

ah well you cant win em all . lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Got some nice wrapping stuff in penny's, deep purple with gold baroque pattern. Sounds ghastly but it's lovely and decent quality, think it was €1.50 for a 2.5m roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Anyone know where I'll get brown parcel paper on the cheap?:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Most stationary shops, like Reads, have rolls of brown paper- like they use for wrapping school books.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Posy wrote: »
    Most stationary shops, like Reads, have rolls of brown paper- like they use for wrapping school books.

Super thanks!

I'm wrapping my presents like this http://www.lolalina.com/2010/12/17/parcel-pressies/ got a gorgeous stamp on ebay, just looking for stickers now - can anyone recommend an Irish site that sells stickers? I'm going to try and get into arnotts over the weekend too, iirc they have a large stationary section selling really gorgeous items so I might strike it lucky in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

I'm thinking of using newspaper and paper doilys this year with red and white gingham ribbon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

I love the themed wrapping people have been talking about. In our house everyone has their own personal style - someone does newspaper, someone draws on art paper, one person does tinfoil, another does 'fancy' paper someone else does tissue paper etc. Since I was about ten I've done brown paper, I either decorate it or make gift tags etc... This year I got some notion that I would lino print on it. Apologies for this post being picture heavy!

C0wXSAf.jpg?1 These are the lino cuts, I went for two seemingly simple designs!

1ZPfMRw.jpg?1 Paper drying, over the back of a kitchen chair.

BmPnpWx.jpg?1

ME5GCV9.jpg?1

The prints didn't come out quite perfect, as I couldn't afford the roller and had to use a paint brush, also, working on carpet is not as good as a hard surface.

rFkT2iR.png

Well it's that time of year again!! I know, 2+ months to go but since Christmas paper is on sale now, might as well start tracking the prices!

Dealz was the winner last year, with the best value at 0.18c, and currently is in the lead this year with a 10m roll coming out at 0.21c.

0ZdfIeK.jpg

jLAJ2Tr.jpg

W2vuKoA.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭thingamagig

I got 3 rolls, not one, for one forty nine in dealz. And they are pretty too!

Another Christmas, another load of wrapping paper! Dealz currently has the cheapest, at 0.21c/sqm. However Lidl have 0.28c/sqm on sale this Monday.

Wq1fuYR.png

Shops already filling up with Christmas stuff!
    PVEfkjj.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I'd really like to buy some fancy wrapping paper this year but I can just see my mum looking at me in horror if she saw me coming home with paper from M&S, when you can get cheap stuff elsewhere!

I'd just love to be good at wrapping presents.....but I'm not :(

leahyl wrote: »
    I'd really like to buy some fancy wrapping paper this year but I can just see my mum looking at me in horror if she saw me coming home with paper from M&S, when you can get cheap stuff elsewhere!

I'd just love to be good at wrapping presents.....but I'm not :(

Are you a grown up or what? :p Who cares what your mam thinks?!!!

I've been trying to think of ideas for my "theme" this year. M&S had a really fantastic selection last year with lots of ribbons and other paraphernalia. I got all my stuff in there last year AFAIR, usually I have to go to a a few different shops to get all my bits!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Are you a grown up or what? :p Who cares what your mam thinks?!!!

I've been trying to think of ideas for my "theme" this year. M&S had a really fantastic selection last year with lots of ribbons and other paraphernalia. I got all my stuff in there last year AFAIR, usually I have to go to a a few different shops to get all my bits!

Ah I am, but you know now, you often emulate what your parents have done in the past so I guess I feel slightly guilty myself paying that much for gift wrap!

I'm going to town this weekend though so perhaps I will "take the plunge" in M&S and splash out! :-D

Do it! Just hide it in your room, no one will know :p

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

• Advertisement

hrsOAm7.png

Advertisement