Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead Discussion (SPOILERS)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 MartinTWD_

Rips wrote: »
    Its been a while since I felt a bit 'sick' at the prospect of what was happening ... The compound being overrun while chaos was happening in the isolated cells.

I really really wanted the cavalry to arrive! Edge of my seat.

However, I'd forgotten totally about the radio message which I thought was a great start to a new story line... and then the Governor shows up at the end ... kinda ruined it TBH. Overkill in an episode which had a lot going for it... and tired of that storyline.

If you have read the comics you know that storyline will still happen. I'm happy to see The Governor back, next weeks episode should be a good one. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Great episode, best so far this season easily. Was convinced that one of Herschel or Glenn were gonners and that scene was really tense, glad Glenn didn't as if he's going to die I really want it to happen the correct way!

Interesting to see what happens next, can't wait for next weeks ep :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

There's a crow picking at a corpse in the intro isn't there?

I don't think we've actually seen any dead animals that weren't killed by people or obviously killed by being torn apart. Could the animals be immune?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,735 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

i'm usually too busy eating or looking away to avoid seeing that centipede to notice... blurghh!

it does raise another question though, the sick pigs/hogs a few episodes back and the illness that spread through the prison, infected zombies and so on, are they all related? I'd say they are tbh, otherwise it makes no sense to show the dogs eating that zombie, and the sick pig, and the bleeding eyed zombies at all.

I did not know that Abraham had been cast

That has made my day :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭LOSTfan57

Yes...the pigs are carriers.....Caleb explicitly states it over Charlies body, thus leading to Rick killing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Malibu Stacy

I just couldn't with this episode. A house defended by two women lets a strange man in? A cop trainee sets her gun down in front of said stranger and takes her attention off of it? And then goes on to disclose that they have lots of food and ammo? The group that finds the governor accepts him back after witnessing him gun down multiple people? I generally expect this show to strain credulity, but this episode was ridiculous, even by Walking Dead standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

well to be fair, the woman wasnt really a cop and after being alone for ages i dont blame them for letting someone in
    as for the group at the end its only morales who knows him and he was always his right hand man so he was almost as guilty as him
    what do you think about the gov though? im guessing that episode was set a couple of weeks before the last one episode?

Only Martinez knows The Governor aka Philip Blake and his past.....(maybe Shumpert is in the background so he would to)....as for the Chalmers family and
    whatever the character Gjokaj is playing is called and "Mitch"
    he is Brian Heriot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

I just couldn't with this episode. A house defended by two women lets a strange man in? A cop trainee sets her gun down in front of said stranger and takes her attention off of it? And then goes on to disclose that they have lots of food and ammo? The group that finds the governor accepts him back after witnessing him gun down multiple people? I generally expect this show to strain credulity, but this episode was ridiculous, even by Walking Dead standards.
    Agreed that it was all somehow weird.

Interesting episode. I was expecting the whole time that he'd turn on them and do his usual thing. Governor has gone all soft...

Was watching this with the headphones on. The nursing home scene really got me with all the zombies screaming right into my ears. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

that episode was total and utter shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Was wondering if there was a TWD thread :D
    I have to agree that last nights episode was pure cack, and I get the feeling next weeks will be also.
    A pointless story with more pointless characters.
    I was seriously hoping that they would leave the prison at this point. Same story day in/day out.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

I thought it wasnt a bad episode. And where where before I didn't like the guv I actually like the guy. But he'll probably revert back to the wooden character he was previously. But the writers were a bit lazy as that storyline was ripped from one of the walking dead books. I forget which one.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭markfla

this show has turned out to be something to be endured more than enjoyed I'm finding lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

markfla wrote: »
    this show has turned out to be something to be endured more than enjoyed I'm finding lately.

go sell your commie trolling heresy somewhere else, we aint buying ;);)

I found that episode hard to watch myself, i half expected it have Carol and the guv having a chat somewhere, but no.. :D thankfully.

It wasn't all bad though, i mean i know he's the bad guy and murdered a bunch of people but the catalyst to that particular massacre was Michonne killing his zombie daughter and provoking a war between the groups.

That being said, the same guy was already out butchering people (the army guys) for their stuff. That's why i found it difficult to sympathise with his character, if anything i felt sorry for the poor naive family he's seduced, especially the little girl who probably thinks he's the most awesome guy around after the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭AllthingsCP

I found that episode hard to watch myself, i half expected it have Carol and the guv having a chat somewhere, but no.. :D thankfully.

It wasn't all bad though, i mean i know he's the bad guy and murdered a bunch of people but the catalyst to that particular massacre was Michonne killing his zombie daughter and provoking a war between the groups.

That being said, the same guy was already out butchering people (the army guys) for their stuff. That's why i found it difficult to sympathise with his character, if anything i felt sorry for the poor naive family he's seduced, especially the little girl who probably thinks he's the most awesome guy around after the end.

I don't think he killed the National Guard for their stuff, But more the fact that they posed a danger to him, Inviting 12-13 Soldiers into your camp you could have a power struggle, Easy to defeat ambushing them not so easy in house to house frighting

Well if he'd chosen diplomacy they all might have survived, and rick's group too. He didnt though, and i doubt they were the first people he preyed on. That ambush was well organised and precise.

Either way, he ended up with a lot of heavy weaponry and vehicles out of it. Not that it proved of any use against the prison.

I do love to hate that guy though :)

I haven't read the comics but is there any chance that they will eventually all hit the road again? I thought season 1/2 was better for that

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭AllthingsCP

markfla wrote: »

Really? I find that since season 2 i am getting more and more pulled into it, I taught the esp was not that bad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Malibu Stacy

I think he was riding the crazy train long before Michonne came along: HE KEPT HEADS IN JARS. :eek::eek::eek::(

bear1 wrote: »
    I haven't read the comics but is there any chance that they will eventually all hit the road again? I thought season 1/2 was better for that

If you're asking do they leave the prison in the comics,
    Yep, a huge amount has happened since the prison. I'm quite excited about where this season may go

maximoose wrote: »
    If you're asking do they leave the prison in the comics,
    Yep, a huge amount has happened since the prison. I'm quite excited about where this season may go

Cheers for that :) I'm looking forward to that now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

okay, now i agree, this is getting really stupid
    so he killed mitches brother and mitch just accepted that?
    and now it looks like the mid season finalle is going to be last seasons normal finalle

i mean seriously?

The guv has power again, didn't take him too long to get back into the swing of it did it?

I knew as soon they were both on the trailer with the gold clubs what was coming :D

I liked the episode tbh, but would have preferred if there was more of the prison. Looks like i'll get my wish next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

bushball wrote: »
    okay, now i agree, this is getting really stupid
    so he killed mitches brother and mitch just accepted that?
    and now it looks like the mid season finalle is going to be last seasons normal finalle

i mean seriously?

I was under the impression they were brothers in an army sense more than a literal sense but could be wrong.

****e episode.

I mean wtf is the point of the governor? He't nuts, right we got it. He's killing all over again, right I got it. Now his aims are pointed to the prison again.... feck off.
    Season 5 -> prison again with the governor hiding again. Annoyed with the season now

Pete and Mitch Dolgen ARE brothers as said by characters and casting call

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

I flicked through the episode and honestly cant be arsed watching it, utter tripe this storyline.

• Advertisement

i thought this picture was pretty funny

1475996_807084012651092_840922431_n.jpg

Advertisement