Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct Democracy Ireland: the split?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

colour me confused but what on earth does "pink socking" mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Calina wrote: »

"A descriptive slang term referring to the appearance of prolapsed anorectal tissue that protrudes out of the anus after anal intercourse."

According to the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Calina wrote: »

I wish I hadn't googled it either. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

I wish I hadn't googled it either. :o

Another one who had to google it here. Sweet Divine, why did Jeff not google it too?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

The Cult of Jeff...

NOTICE: To all UNITEDPEOPLE members, shortly I shall be issuing an very positive important statement in the members Facebook section. If you could take the time later to check there it would be most appreciated. Exciting times ahead I think for us. UPDATE: Now posted.
    Jeff. smile emoticon

The only sensible thing about this dude is his shoes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

And his twenty year old anorak.

He has all the appearance of a guy who'd peel an orange in his pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,303 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Lord Byron of Jenksville seems to hit the whiskey in a big way this time every Saturday.

Has decided to go down the BillyMcGuire route of the entire constitution being illegal because its superceded by a pre-existing one (Robbo can explain it better). The upshot is that every decision the district and circuit courts make are illegal (except presumably those cases he wins) as they don't exist and he will shortly prove it.
    In his own verbatim words “I want my case to be heard under the 1919 Constitution of Eira, the one and only true Constitution”.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/irishselfhelpzone/photos/a.186681038155352.1073741828.186111024879020/444681349021985/?type=1&theater

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Aka Ishur

Lord Byron of Jenksville seems to hit the whiskey in a big way this time every Saturday.
    ......he wins) as they don't exist and he will shortly prove it.
    In his own verbatim words “I want my case to be heard under the 1919 Constitution of Eira, the one and only true Constitution”.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/irishselfhelpzone/photos/a.186681038155352.1073741828.186111024879020/444681349021985/?type=1&theater

'De facto' definitely means something different to them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭RomanKnows

The United People op-ed on the opinion poll figures released yesterday evening is notable by its absence. I wonder what Mr. Rudd makes of the upsurge in support for the parties of Government? It must not suit the narrative!

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Rabbo

RomanKnows wrote: »
    The United People op-ed on the opinion poll figures released yesterday evening is notable by its absence. I wonder what Mr. Rudd makes of the upsurge in support for the parties of Government? It must not suit the narrative!

Must be the Denis O'Brien run media distorting the figures

• Advertisement

Rabbo wrote: »
    Must be the Denis O'Brien run media distorting the figures

It didn't make it into that bastion of high-quality journalism, the journal.ie either. It mustn't be as important as "No one on Tinder into UFOs or ghosts? Try this supernatural dating website instead".

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Has decided to go down the BillyMcGuire route of the entire constitution being illegal because its superceded by a pre-existing one (Robbo can explain it better). The upshot is that every decision the district and circuit courts make are illegal (except presumably those cases he wins) as they don't exist and he will shortly prove it.

The TL;DR account of Billy McGuire is that he reckons he's the real president because one of his relatives owned a hotel where some 1916 leaders were known to take a pint. The *real* state was lost by way of three card trick performed by the dastardly Brits some time after 1919 and only Billy knows the truth. Cheques to the usual address, Paypal details to follow.

He must have strong armed some unfortunate ambassador into another meeting.

5qvUAc.jpg

Disappointing really that none of us have clicked the few buttons needed to become a member and hence be in this inner circle thingimmyjug with access to the constitution etc. Lazy fcuks the lot of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

Disappointing really that none of us have clicked the few buttons needed to become a member and hence be in this inner circle thingimmyjug with access to the constitution etc. Lazy fcuks the lot of us.

I have the constitution :-)

I genuinely looked forward to scanning through it but after the first page I had to give up

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I have the constitution :-)

I genuinely looked forward to scanning through it but after the first page I had to give up

Any chance you could link it or even post in full? Just for research purposes:pac:.

He's a terrible man, after popping up a load of regional and even an international UP FB page, there is zero activity on them. But there was one simple enough question put on the Dublin branch one saying that while the message of UP so far is all about giving out money or restricting bringing it in- there was no proposals for generating revenue and what is UP's proposal for generating revenue.
    The questions were deleted.

It turns out that Jeff has been living in the cold for the last 3 years. His gas boiler packed up in his council house and he's been waiting 3 years for the council to fix it properly.
    Trips up and down the country, large banners made, megaphone bought. It's good to prioritise for sure.

Let your kids go cold for 3 years but spend a lot of time and money blaming someone else for your own human failings.

Shame on you Jeff Rudd.

humberklog wrote: »
    Any chance you could link it or even post in full? Just for research purposes:pac:.

He's a terrible man, after popping up a load of regional and even an international UP FB page, there is zero activity on them. But there was one simple enough question put on the Dublin branch one saying that while the message of UP so far is all about giving out money or restricting bringing it in- there was no proposals for generating revenue and what is UP's proposal for generating revenue.
    The questions were deleted.

It turns out that Jeff has been living in the cold for the last 3 years. His gas boiler packed up in his council house and he's been waiting 3 years for the council to fix it properly.
    Trips up and down the country, large banners made, megaphone bought. It's good to prioritise for sure.

Let your kids go cold for 3 years but spend a lot of time and money blaming someone else for your own human failings.

Shame on you Jeff Rudd.

Sure someone else should pay for that. The council or the Government. Jeff boasted on this site before his sudden departure that he had bought a copy of Photoshop. Can't imagine you'd be getting a copy of that for less than 300 or 400. Glad to see he has his priorities right.

RomanKnows wrote: »
    Sure someone else should pay for that. The council or the Government. Jeff boasted on this site before his sudden departure that he had bought a copy of Photoshop. Can't imagine you'd be getting a copy of that for less than 300 or 400. Glad to see he has his priorities right.

Yep, and also gave a grand spiel about the people he employed, and all the work he had to do to said house, how he got the mortgage cheap etc.

Contemptible carry on. He doesn't seem to mind spending big on himself, or pretending to the world that he does. The kids can cluster around a heater until the electricity goes off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

Will try to post it tomorrow when I get to a laptop.

Rudd is nothing but a sponge. Entitled to everything but gives nothing back. His type contribute nothing. He's a parasite and a stupid one at that.

I'm getting a bit tired of him, would love to let his ignorant followers aware of how much he deprives his family so he can indulge his vanity projects.

And how he looks down his nose at them as he would never lower himself to working for a living. They certainly aren't entitled to a Voice in his presence. Or the ability to ask questions.

In short, he's a bit of a c*nt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

Couple of questions, does anyone recognise the music, we should really advise the musicians that somebody may be violating their copyright. Also did Jeff get permission to use people's faces (from each identifiable individual in the video, none of them are stock footage)? Also his grammar is atrocious, really bad.

One final thing he's right on TTIP (it is really some piece of work), but then again that makes him right exactly half as often as a stopped clock.

@Jagger Hundreds Tailspin, not that I'm expecting you to answer the questions (just in case I came across as being inquisitve).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Couple of questions, does anyone recognise the music, we should really advise the musicians that somebody may be violating their copyright.

It's a royalty free track called "Future Gladiator" by Kevin MacLeod according to Shazam.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

He calls for the following changes, amongst others:
    • Removal of water charges
    • Removal of household charges
    • Voiding of USC
    • Provide same social benefits to self-employed that the employed enjoy
    • Reduction of doctor working hours
    • Improvements to public pension benefits

He is proposing a real Utopian paradise that we could all get on board with but unfortunately doesn't outline how he would pay for any of it. The removal of the USC alone would cost the state €4.5bn/ year. I may have missed it but he never seems to mention any proposals for significant increases in taxes or reductions in spending to balance the books.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭whippet

He calls for the following changes, amongst others:
    • Removal of water charges
    • Removal of household charges
    • Voiding of USC
    • Provide same social benefits to self-employed that the employed enjoy
    • Reduction of doctor working hours
    • Improvements to public pension benefits

He is proposing a real Utopian paradise that we could all get on board with but unfortunately doesn't outline how he would pay for any of it. The removal of the USC alone would cost the state €4.5bn/ year. I may have missed it but he never seems to mention any proposals for significant increases in taxes or reductions in spending to balance the books.

but hasn't he said before if he was elected he would go in to each government department and open up all the books and eliminate every cent in waste and that would cover all his tax cuts .. why hasn't anyone thought of that before.

Lets say his proposals cost (a conservative) €8bn/year. Revenue expenditure at the moment is something like €40bn/year.
    Surely he is not suggesting that 20% of that is waste?

Lets say his proposals cost (a conservative) €8bn/year. Revenue expenditure at the moment is something like €40bn/year.
    Surely he is not suggesting that 20% of that is waste?

he is just telling everyone who would listen what they want to hear .. you have to remember that his target audience is generally a specific demograph who have little or no understanding of economics and how public finances work. So if you keep telling them that you can simply cut taxes and give everything for free they will believe it ... just listen to the Sinn Fein supporters who truly believe their economic policies could work.

Theres generally a 'durka durka stop making repayments related to the bailout durka burn the bondholders durka durka reclaim the (conservative estimate) €5Trillion in oil we've given away durka' element somewhere in all these guys financial plans.
    /Durka.

that €5tn of oil that is sitting in barrels in the dock ... the same people banging on about taking it back for the state are the same ones who bang on about the dangers of how to get it out of the ground.

The same people who go on about having Scandinavian levels healthcare, public services etc .. but won't pay any tax towards it. I have a family member living in sweden .. while the services are great, the tax man's cut of your income is quite large too !! .. the mentality of the population is that they don't mind paying taxes to fund it - but there is a simmering underbelly of distrust, everyone's tax records are publicly available (that is everyone) and you people are constantly calling and checking neighbour's revenue records just incase they are living above their apparent needs. I wonder how the 'PPS' brigade would like that?

• Advertisement

DDI candidate and general stalwart Ray Hall has recently been trying to settle his mortgage...by printing his own promissory note. According to the finest legal minds that Facebook can offer, it's all above board and the bank *have* to accept you writing them an IOU saying that at some stage in the next 31 years, you'll pay back the mortgage

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement