Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life -

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

( tell me did you ever seen how electricity works ? ) You cannot see this subtle thing directly; you can see it only when it interacts with something gross. But the subtle thing is independent and distinct from the gross things.
    _______

( Even though gravitation does exist, we can't really see it. Modern science admits that. )
    _________
    As a sceptical sort of a chap, I was wondering if you had any proof of this assertion, you know evidence as opposed to Drummer-ing a fundamental axiom on which you build your argument?

According to the Vedas, the measurement of the soul within the body is one ten-thousandth part of the tip of a hair. This is very small; in fact, it is atomic. Yet because of that atomic spiritual energy, my body is working. Is it so difficult to understand? Suppose a man thinks himself very stout and strong. Why is he stout and strong? Only because within his body is a small spiritual spark. But as soon as the spiritual spark is gone, his body dies, and his strength and vigor become void. If scientists say that matter is the cause and origin of life, then let them bring just one dead man back to life by injecting him with chemicals. But this they cannot do.
    Eh, how was the information in the Vedas discovered, by a process of philosophical reasoning? there is no doubt interesting and accurate observation within the Vedas but the fact that someone reasoned the reason that the soul could not be seen leaving the body is that it is minute is proof that the soul is too minute to observe is a little circular...
    If you inject just one grain of deadly poison into someone, he immediately dies. No one can see the poison or how it acts. But the poison is acting nevertheless. In the same way, the Vedas say that because the minute particle called the soul is within the body, the whole body is working nicely. If I pinch myself, I immediately feel it, because I am conscious all over my skin. But as soon as the soul is absent, which is the case when my body dies, you can take this same skin and cut it and chop it, and no one will protest.
    Depends on the poison, (are we talking 1/6th of a gram type grain or a different unit of measurement, or is this a quote you've learned off?).

Try pinching the back of you elbow,
    Why is this simple thing so hard to understand? ls this not detecting spirit?
    No it is not detection it is assertion

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    I always want to add 'hairy harry' in there somewhere.

"Yurr a wizard Hare"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 Jaya Jagannath

As a sceptical sort of a chap, I was wondering if you had any proof of this assertion, you know evidence as opposed to Drummer-ing a fundamental axiom on which you build your argument?

Eh, how was the information in the Vedas discovered, by a process of philosophical reasoning? there is no doubt interesting and accurate observation within the Vedas but the fact that someone reasoned the reason that the soul could not be seen leaving the body is that it is minute is proof that the soul is too minute to observe is a little circular...

Depends on the poison, (are we talking 1/6th of a gram type grain or a different unit of measurement, or is this a quote you've learned off?).

Try pinching the back of you elbow,

No it is not detection it is assertion

all right for what you are waiting for ? why don't you define what is Conscious ? explain it now.

and the first step is to know the difference between a living body and a dead body. What is the difference?

and then next Question is Why a dead child born does not grow, does not change body? The body is a lump of matter. Analyze the body. Where is life?

explain about these points which i have written upside ^. go ahead and do it now.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

( tell me did you ever seen how electricity works ? ) You cannot see this subtle thing directly; you can see it only when it interacts with something gross. But the subtle thing is independent and distinct from the gross things.

I fully understand how it works and i can see it when it is man made and made in nature,

Even though gravitation does exist, we can't really see it. Modern science admits that. )

Gravity is created by the FSM pushing down on all of us using his noodly appendages,

This of course is also the reason why people have gotten taller as more people have existed on this planet, as more people have been born the FSM has been unable to push down on people all of the time.

Due to this the FSM has enabled people to grow taller,

all right for what you are waiting for ? why don't you define what is Conscious ? explain it now.

and the first step is to know the difference between a living body and a dead body. What is the difference?

and then next Question is Why a dead child born does not grow, does not change body? The body is a lump of matter. Analyze the body. Where is life?

explain about these points which i have written upside ^. go ahead and do it now.

Unfortunately I cannot, nor can you, the difference is that I do not need to adhere to mythical gibberish in order to deal with my ignorance, I work in the realm of the physical sciences so I'm not even investigating these issues, but again nor are you, can you understand why this type of thing is annoying, it is similar to a newly potty trained child expecting delighted coos for the deposit it has left in the right place, similarly, you make sentences that resemble logical discussion in form but the contents have no more value than those of a childs potty.

You clearly have an internet connection, why not take a course in human biology (from real course material used by an actual college dedicated to science) and prove the validity of your soul spark theory with scientific rigour?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 Jaya Jagannath

Unfortunately I cannot, nor can you, the difference is that I do not need to adhere to mythical gibberish in order to deal with my ignorance, I work in the realm of the physical sciences so I'm not even investigating these issues, but again nor are you, can you understand why this type of thing is annoying, it is similar to a newly potty trained child expecting delighted coos for the deposit it has left in the right place, similarly, you make sentences that resemble logical discussion in form but the contents have no more value than those of a childs potty.

You clearly have an internet connection, why not take a course in human biology (from real course material used by an actual college dedicated to science) and prove the validity of your soul spark theory with scientific rigour?

No, it is useless to talk with you. This is the process. you all cannot understand that because there is soul within the child, therefore child is becoming boy. As soon as there is no soul, the child does not become a boy. This simple philosophy you all idiots cannot understand, so what is your position? just for example :- Now, this car is standing because there is no driver. Anyone can understand. Stand still. It will remain there for thousands of years unless a driver comes. Simple reason. But you all are so big rascals, you will not understand. So what is the use of talking with you all ? Simply waste of time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I don't want to become a boy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

bluewolf wrote: »

Ah it's great.

You can vote everywhere, drive everywhere and best of all, you can pee anywhere!

No, it is useless to talk with you. This is the process. you all cannot understand that because there is soul within the child, therefore child is becoming boy. As soon as there is no soul, the child does not become a boy.
    So girls/women are soulless automatons?
    This simple philosophy you all idiots cannot understand, so what is your position? just for example :- Now, this car is standing because there is no driver. Anyone can understand. Stand still. It will remain there for thousands of years unless a driver comes. Simple reason. But you all are so big rascals, you will not understand. So what is the use of talking with you all ? Simply waste of time.

But you still have provided no evidence for the soul spark theory of yours and without evidence why should we take your theory seriously, you have used spurious analogies but not provided a shred of evidence, can you not see that rather than rascals we're assisting you come to an understanding that there evidence must be provided and of course that Jaffa cakes are an abomination, but that's a separate issue.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

So girls/women are soulless automatons?

Maybe he's talking about the belief system of the catholic church?
    :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Well, seeing as we've been judged to be wastes of time, I thought we could do something productive with this thread.

See, the OP has inspired me. Not how he meant or anything, but basically I have been thinking about the different class of bad theistic posts.

There seems to be several posting styles that you can almost tell the nature of the argument from. Would it be helpful to point them out?

So far, I can think of:
    Hi,
    i see youve all been talking about faith healer/ angel book producer XXX i and several other posters with similar posting style have completely independantly decided to show up and let you know they are the real deal and if u people just had fate you would see

PROOF MY GOD IS TRUE

My dog stopped in a doorway.

Half of him was in one room, half in the other.

He was in two places at once.

Therefore, intuitively, long words, quantum.

If you don't believe me you're just blind.

Next one is always in relation to a cutting argument:
    No

you don't understand

I love my return key and

God exists because of my punctuated point

This point right here

i used italics so it's way more important than any of the logical arguments you just used

We could build up a database, just refer people when they fall into one of the categories :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

But you all are so big rascals, you will not understand. So what is the use of talking with you all ? Simply waste of time.
    That's a keeper.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

You rascal you

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Is it wrong I read his posts in the voice of this guy?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

You rascal you

I'm confused, only boys can be rascals?

Are girls allowed eat garlic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Do dogs, oysters and ants have souls?

More importantly has anyone bothered to tell ants they cannot eat onions.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Anyone else feeling like 'Dead One' has converted to Hinduism? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Huh, stepped away from my internet atheism for a few hours and this thread happens. Well, I'm convinced. I'm off to worship.

Or paint the house? And eat biscuits. Lemme see: life or death? I choose life!

I'm off to paint before the wife catches me in bed with on the internet.:o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Sonics2k wrote: »
    It's like deadone converted.
    Then in this case would he be rebirthone?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

I still don't understand how is babby formed?

• Advertisement

Sonics2k wrote: »
    It's like deadone converted.

Also electricity is the work of witches and the pro-Onion and Garlic lover agendas. Everyone knows that.
    lol i missed this entirely and thought i'd had an original thought, but i guess not.

does that mean because i didn't observe you that you are god and I'm a garlic babby? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

if you really want to be happy then follow these 6 Things which are...
    If your not able to follow these 4 things... then don,t worry but [6th thing] is very important.

[no mention of 5th thing's importance]

I think that sums up religion quite well tbh.
    who cares ?
    You don't care, that's surprising, is your religion an uncaring one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Gordon wrote: »
    You don't care, that's surprising, is your religion an uncaring one?

The OP doesn't seem very happy in his posts.

He obviously just needs a shag and a nice cup of tea.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Boys are icky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Whole load of awaring going on lately. It's like dead one all over again.

Sofaspud wrote: »
    The OP doesn't seem very happy in his posts.

He obviously just needs a shag and a nice cup of tea.
    who doesn't? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Boys are icky.

You are wronging my awared. Boys grow to be men, men are not icky, QED boys not icky.

Hmmm....Well, sometimes they ick. Fair enough so, carry on.....

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Sycopat

The main thrust of the argument seems to be that we should simply trust people who tell us god (Whichever one it is here) exists because people who tell us god exists are authorities and we should trust authority. Because it's easier than trying to figure things out for ourselves.

This is fallacious, and no amount of assertion otherwise will change that. Worse than that, it smacks of cultish brainwashing with all this "You should believe us because it's easier that way" stuff. There is nothing practical or explanatory here.

How can anyone be expected to take something like this seriously? OP might as well be chanting "Nananananananana leader".

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Next you'll be telling me there's a religion with no steak.
    Don't quote me on it, but I remember reading somewhere that one religion banned beer, whiskey, wine, sausages and rashers.

Can't see that one ever being very popular.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

robindch wrote: »
    I remember reading somewhere that one religion banned beer, whiskey, wine, sausages and rashers.

My usual weekend breakfast that is!

Advertisement