Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serial Killers in Ireland?

Options
  • 20-10-2013 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Does anybody here think that there might be a chance that at least one serial killer operating in Ireland? In my opinion there has to be one in the Dublin/Wicklow Mountains area.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

I reckon one has recently been caught

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭creep

I'm a cereal killer, I bury Corn flakes in the Dublin mountains

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Mint Aero wrote: »
    I reckon one has recently been caught

That thought crossed my mind also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Whatever mod/cmod/admin stickied this is clearly a serial killer.
    They're gonna use this thread to see if anyone is onto them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

Don't serial killers normally leave a kind of trail or have a trophy pattern?

Unless there's something AGS aren't releasing to the public about the recent murders of several women, then I don't think so.

Spooky if there is, however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

Whatever mod/cmod/admin stickied this is clearly a serial killer.
    They're gonna use this thread to see if anyone is onto them yet.

Ohh. Looks like the stickiness wore off.

Seems suspicious. Better start being REAL nice to the AH Mods... >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Theres no way they found all those bodies, i went six feet deep on all of them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

With all the missing people in Ireland over the years and our lax ferry ports Id say at least one major Irish/English/European serial killer has operated here and my guess is at least one has worked as a taxi driver, the perfect job for sick fookers to capture people.

Why is this stickied btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Dean0088 wrote: »
    Don't serial killers normally leave a kind of trail or have a trophy pattern?

Not necessarily.

If Larry Murphy was a serial killer/rapist he left nothing to connect himself to the disappearances of his other his victims.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,322 ✭✭✭✭ted1

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    With all the missing people in Ireland over the years and our lax ferry ports Id say at least one major Irish/English/European serial killer has operated here and my guess is at least one has worked as a taxi driver, the perfect job for sick fookers to capture people.

Why is this stickied btw?

Talking to a few guards I know and they reckon there's one recently been arrested. Would have been 19/20 when. Good few women went missing in Wicklow and possibly even related to Cork missing people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

The way linda martin murders songs she should be down as 1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

I would describe the shankill butchers as serial killers. Pity they weren't in Texas and then they could have fried. (And I'm a NI unionist) I would have happily pushed the button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

those two English blokes Shaw and Evans were totally nuts and would have gone on to kill more if they weren't apprehended so quickly, think one of them died recently, the other's banged up so long over here he probably sounds like Ronnie Drew now !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

kellogs is a cereal killer.

Amid fears of a growing obesity epidemic in Ireland, with an estimated 23% of people now classed as obese,

http://www.euromonitor.com/breakfast-cereals-in-ireland/report

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭policarp

Drug barons are the biggest serial killers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

This thread brought me to this video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

Th landscape and the environment would provide plenty of opportunity for it. Pockets of wilderness, lakes,mountains, lots of places to hide bodies.

More chance of actual serial sheep shaggers IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

You would certainly think that someone is responsible for this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ireland%27s_Vanishing_Triangle

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Folks, it really shouldn't need to be said that you cannot name living people you think could be serial killers. I've had to delete a few posts here and I don't want to have to start infracting or banning people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭dm09

Do you want to see my cotton panties?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

I doubt it tbh, they surely would've been able to stick something to him by now. Plus plenty of women went missing while he was in jail...just not in circumstances like the above women.
    Anyway, some of them could probably be put down to unexpected suicide.
    But I do feel that there could be a link between some of them.

Maybe the killer has gone quiet coz he got away with it. Like Jack the Ripper.

I think people are linking this Foxrock chap to things because of disappearances in Cork too, where he's from. I don't know though, maybe the posters who said that would like to offer more info?

What's that about then? I've never heard of it.

Wattle wrote: »
    What's that about then? I've never heard of it.

Just go to any of the 'missing persons' websites and search the 'cork' tag and you'll find a few.

There's even a Facebook group for Cork alone:
    Photos page....missing people photoed near the bottom
    https://www.facebook.com/missing.persons.search.and.recovery/photos_stream

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Purely looking at the numbers there could be as many as 100 serial killers in Ireland at the present time.

Thats probably(!) high as the only numbers i can get my hand on are for America but like I said thats about max if we had the same number ratio as Washington State.

However when averaged over the entire US you are left with a number closer to .47 serial killers per 100,000 people and when thats checked against Ireland (6.8 million people) that gives you around 30.

This again is probably high due to a number of things.

In a smaller population its much harder to remain hidden.
    In a smaller population its easier to notice a trend whereas somewhere like America with a lot more "other" crimes over a much larger area its harder.
    In somewhere like America there would be a lot more people who are for lack of a better word disposable (homeless, junkies, runaways etc) compared to other countries.

When you look at the numbers there is also a huge difference in terms of per state numbers. For example like I mentioned Washington with 1.47 per 100,000 is really damn high but somewhere like Nevada, S. Dakota, Vermont and West Virginia have 0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Just go to any of the 'missing persons' websites and search the 'cork' tag and you'll find a few.

There's even a Facebook group for Cork alone:
    Photos page....missing people photoed near the bottom
    https://www.facebook.com/missing.persons.search.and.recovery/photos_stream

A lot of those are not specific to Cork. There's people from all around the country in there.

Wattle wrote: »
    A lot of those are not specific to Cork. There's people from all around the country in there.

There are people from all over the country there, yep. Still a few Kawrkies though too, especially on the FB page. Kinda weird that the FB page has more missing Cork people than the missing persons sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

danniemcq wrote: »
    Purely looking at the numbers there could be as many as 100 serial killers in Ireland at the present time.

Thats probably(!) high as the only numbers i can get my hand on are for America but like I said thats about max if we had the same number ratio as Washington State.

However when averaged over the entire US you are left with a number closer to .47 serial killers per 100,000 people and when thats checked against Ireland (6.8 million people) that gives you around 30.

This again is probably high due to a number of things.

In a smaller population its much harder to remain hidden.
    In a smaller population its easier to notice a trend whereas somewhere like America with a lot more "other" crimes over a much larger area its harder.
    In somewhere like America there would be a lot more people who are for lack of a better word disposable (homeless, junkies, runaways etc) compared to other countries.

When you look at the numbers there is also a huge difference in terms of per state numbers. For example like I mentioned Washington with 1.47 per 100,000 is really damn high but somewhere like Nevada, S. Dakota, Vermont and West Virginia have 0.

Washington state, like Ireland has more opportunity because of its landscape. It has more serial killers but less murders too than those other states.

But yeah maybe ireland has less disposable people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

humanji wrote: »
    Folks, it really shouldn't need to be said that you cannot name living people you think could be serial killers. I've had to delete a few posts here and I don't want to have to start infracting or banning people.

I think Brendan O'Carroll might be one

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Washington state, like Ireland has more opportunity because of its landscape. It has more serial killers but less murders too than those other states.

But yeah maybe ireland has less disposable people.

Plus all the werewolves and sparkly vampires...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

As a matter of interest at what point does one become a serial killer as opposed to someone who has committed multiple murders?

I'm just eh...... asking for a friend. :o

Advertisement