Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reep Rewards?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭sidcon

epo addict wrote: »
    WARNING!

Reep Rewards is a complete scam. I'm hearing the cash-out option is offline since last week while every other feature on the app is working perfectly. According to Reeps Facebook page they've won an award for best marketing app!

App should be renamed Rip Rewards

Before posting complete lies maybe you should check with the company. The cash out option is still there. I'm 1.40 away from cashing out and hopefull of doing so over the weekend free drinks for Paddys weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

i was getting worried there, i sent reep a message on twitter asking him to respond

• Registered Users Posts: 5 GigglesGregg

WARNING!

Reep Rewards is a complete scam. I'm hearing the cash-out option is offline since last week while every other feature on the app is working perfectly. According to Reeps Facebook page they've won an award for best marketing app!

App should be renamed Rip Rewards

I've been waiting for my cash out this week and when I emailed them they were quick to inform me what was happening. They reassured me that my transaction will be completed as soon as it is up and running again. They said by the end of this week apparently so I wouldn't be so quick to judge.

i just got a reply from reep

hi our cash out option is only down for maintenance at the moment as we are changing our paypal account. it will be resolved shortly.
    anyone who has enquired about their cash out option has been informed of this and their transaction will be complete as soon as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭epo addict

sidcon wrote: »
    Before posting complete lies maybe you should check with the company. The cash out option is still there. I'm 1.40 away from cashing out and hopefull of doing so over the weekend free drinks for Paddys weekend.

"Sorry our Cash Out option is currently offline for essential maintenance, please check back later".

This is what you'll see when you cash out!

Before accusing someone of posting lies YOU should try cash out FIRST

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭mcw92

Anyone having problems logging in via Facebook on android? Just brings up a blank screen with the blue facebook banner across the top for me.
    And I have internet coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 GigglesGregg

"Sorry our Cash Out option is currently offline for essential maintenance, please check back later".

This is what you'll see when you cash out!

Before accusing someone of posting lies YOU should try cash out FIRST

In general, if something states that it is 'down for essential maintenance' how does that make it out to be a scam? It obviously means that once maintenance is done, it will be up and running again, just like a website that can be down for 'maintenance'.

Like you said, every other feature of the app is working perfectly. I would contact them to express your concern about your cash out.

In general, if something states that it is 'down for essential maintenance' how does that make it out to be a scam? It obviously means that once maintenance is done, it will be up and running again, just like a website that can be down for 'maintenance'.

Like you said, every other feature of the app is working perfectly. I would contact them to express your concern about your cash out.

Yes I admit maybe jumping the gun. Just frustration from spending so much time scanning receipts, only to discover the cash out option was offline. It took me ages to reach €50!

Abbeyrock was spot on. Gigglesgreg is in fact a reep employee or quite possibly the owner.

I've contacted Esso informing them customers are being mislead when in fact rewards are not being paid out. They're deeply concerned by this and will look into the matter immediately. Esso could be brought to court by customers for false advertising and promoting a loyalty scheme that doesn't pay out. Reep flags paraded on forecourts and staff greeted me wearing REEP jumpers.

I will contact National Consumer Affairs based on Harcourt Road on Monday morning about the situation. Also considering contacting some newspapers

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭NobodyImportant

I downloaded the App, joined up, took a photo of my first receipt, didnt get anything back. FAIL at the first hurdle. Deleted it straight away.

Great marketing, awful back office.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭mcw92

I downloaded the App, joined up, took a photo of my first receipt, didnt get anything back. FAIL at the first hurdle. Deleted it straight away.

How long did you give it once you sent the image? It can sometimes take a day or two for them to give you the money.
    It doesn't just happen instantly lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,131 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Abbeyrock was spot on. Gigglesgreg is in fact a reep employee or quite possibly the owner.

Have you even vague proof for this or is it a wild accusation?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Good to see you gave it a fair try anyway...

Is that guess work or have you any proof ?

It takes a while for the receipt to be checked by the staff, the picture needs to be bang on perfect and with good lighting, more than five on a day results in snap happy, took me a few goes to get the hang of it but I'm nearing my fifty target now

MYOB wrote: »
    Have you even vague proof for this or is it a wild accusation?

I do have proof. At presant I'm not prepared to share with a public forum. Please understand my reason is to protect personal information.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,131 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I do have proof. At presant I'm not prepared to share with a public forum. Please understand my reason is to protect personal information.

In that case, report the post(s) and provide proof to the mods, otherwise its still unproven allegations.

Prove it to the mods
    Sounds like scaremongering to me

Firstly, I don't wish to get anyone banned from boards. I won't be reporting anyone. In all fairness, he was defending his business which is totally understandable.

Secondly, I'm glad I didn't follow through with complaints

Fellow boardsie's,

I lashed out in anger posting on the forum due to frustration from not being able to get rewards as advertised. I am big enough to admit when i'm wrong. Reep kept reassuring me the problem would be resolved. If you guys put yourselves in my shoes surely you's would feel somewhat annoyed. Anyway Reep kept to their word and I was able to cash-out my voucher a few minutes ago. Looks like the technical issues have been resolved

I'm humble enough to say - sorry!

REEP works just fine
    App is working well
    Customer service is good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

i'm waiting 2 weeks now for my €50 and still nothing.

I have contacted reep a number of times all I'm told is to wait another day as they are having a few issues . :mad: has anyone else had this problem?

getting a bit pissed off at this point .

• Advertisement

I wouldn't be so quick to call people liars. i'm waiting 2 weeks now for my €50 lets see how long you'll be waiting :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭sidcon

I wouldn't be so quick to call people liars. i'm waiting 2 weeks now for my €50 lets see how long you'll be waiting :rolleyes:

Not long at all cashed out this evening

Yea some how I doubt that very much ;)

Hi @&€ I can assure you that you will be paid.
    The cash out issue has been down for maintenance because we were changing our Paypal account and it's not a matter about money. The delay is with Paypal right now and I can assure you we will have it running again as soon as possible and as I stated before, by the end of the week.
    I have given you updates where necessary ......

Thanks again, Pete.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

I cashed out for the €50 last month

The vendor gets 10% that leaves you with €45

You are paid via PayPal who take a fee, leaving you with about €43!!

I cashed out for the €50 last month

The vendor gets 10% that leaves you with €45

You are paid via PayPal who take a fee, leaving you with about €43!!

Yes I've got 3 payouts so far over the past few months all €43 but this the 4th is turning into a joke to try get it .

Yes I've got 3 payouts so far over the past few months all €43 but this the 4th is turning into a joke to try get it .

Hey Blinkey,

I understand your frustration as I had the same problem. The cash-out option is now working again. All bugs seem fixed and Reep Rewards is working efficiently. I was too quick to judge.

shame they dont send the cash out as a gift via friends and family option, no commission to paypal then, seems a shame to get to 50 and drop to 43 to no fault of our own

Well I just want to say 12 days of lies from reep rewards and still no €50 . Every second day I'm told a different story ! This I got yesterday

Hi @&€, I was just confirming if you submitted your paypal details when you ordered this cash out so as to prevent a double transaction if we send you a new cash out email. However I have made you a priority with I.T to activate a new cash out email for sending tomorrow. Pete

Ps that link I was promised today never happened !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

shame they dont send the cash out as a gift via friends and family option, no commission to paypal then, seems a shame to get to 50 and drop to 43 to no fault of our own

Or if you could cash out in store which would make a lot more sense

Advertisement