Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Road Layout @ M1 Interchange

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

plus I forget what they have changed to...:eek:

It changed to the R132 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

The new interchange is great and makes it a lot safer for cyclist. It's a shame the state of the rest of the r132 particularly past Blakes Cross going northbound. Makes my commute to Balrothery miserable. While I'm moaning what's with the cock up of the resurfacing of the road up to Balrothery and the recent resurfacing if the Naul Balbriggan road is nothing short of a disgrace. Can't understand how a road can be resurfaced and end up twice as bad. Jesus I sound like my dad. Noooooo!!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Did that resurfacing on the cheap - so called "surface dressing" yet within a few months holes were appearing.

I would have much preferred them to wait until they had adequate resources and do it properly, as it's going to cost them more in the long term doing it this way

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭ian_rush

They really should split the road into a narrower road for cars, plus a cycle path separated by verge. It would be a great amenity, probably cheaper in the long run to maintain and would still meet the needs of the reduced motor traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

ian_rush wrote: »
    They really should split the road into a narrower road for cars, plus a cycle path separated by verge. It would be a great amenity, probably cheaper in the long run to maintain and would still meet the needs of the reduced motor traffic.

What reduced motor traffic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭ian_rush

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    What reduced motor traffic?

Since the m1 was built and the downgrage to regional road. I just mean from blakes cross to balrothery. Donabate junction to blakes cross is obviously not a candidate for narrowing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

detones wrote: »
    the recent resurfacing if the Naul Balbriggan road is nothing short of a disgrace.

I couldn't believe how bad it was on the club spin this morning. The deadest, lumpiest thing I have seen since Biggie Smalls.

Advertisement