Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free high-vis stuff from RSA

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

That's fantastic! Thanks raycun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭rob w

Picked up a few bits myself too, thanks for the link!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

Thanks a mill for that Ray. Was looking to buy a high vis running vest last year but I didn't find one and now I've got me one for free. Sweet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,232 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

is this only for clubs?, asked for Organisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Thanks for the link, I've ordered a few bits there myself.
    SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    is this only for clubs?, asked for Organisation.

You can select "Personal Use".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Walkedit

Nice one Thanks Ray

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭crisco10

Pretty sweet, very tempting to go mad and put in big quantities! but that would be against the spirit of it I feel.

Nice one RayCun

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭G3467

Thanks for the info. I registered with them and ordered a few of the high-vis items. Cheers.:)

Is it hanging on the order page right at the end for anyone else?

EDIT: Damn, the little "order confirmed" window wasn't coming up on the first browser I tried. Hopefully they don't get 5 orders from me thinking I'm taking the piss. :(

I gor a email after order saying this,

Thank you for your order.

Your order with RSA Reference (xxxx), has had the following update:

Order sent for approval. The approval can take 48 hours, and you will be notified as soon as it is.

Does this mean you might not get them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭66_Lad

Order sent for approval. The approval can take 48 hours, and you will be notified as soon as it is.

Depends if your order is for loads of items for personal use etc, they want to make sure it's a genuine order.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭66_Lad

Depends if your order is for loads of items for personal use etc, they want to make sure it's a genuine order.

66_Lad wrote: »

Just 4, one each for the family.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,147 ✭✭✭plodder

RayCun wrote: »
    bag covers,
    Anyone who rides a bike should have one of these. It's amazing how a dull black bag on your back hides the nice reflective hi-vis jacket you have underneath.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 simon255

Thanks for sharing this

• Registered Users Posts: 14 new parent

Thanks RayCun for this great info. I used the old fashioned method of phoning up and placed an order for the whole family to be decked out in hi vis all for free. Lots of you posters are very generous sharing these wonderful tidbits with us new people - MANY thanks.

Just got email that my order has been approved, thanks op.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭crisco10

Same here. Someone in the RSA is wondering where this rush came from!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

My orders been approved too... Thanks again RayCun:)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Got mine in the post today :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭rob w

Mine arrived too!:D

Got mine today too, so it arrived in 4 working days. While I think it's great that they're giving it out for free, I was surprised that it was delivered by courier, surely that has to cost more than just sticking it in the normal post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

Ya I got mine today by courier :confused: They'll probably hike up VRT or similar to offset the recent surge in demand for high vis stuff :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

Got mine today too, so it arrived in 4 working days. While I think it's great that they're giving it out for free, I was surprised that it was delivered by courier, surely that has to cost more than just sticking it in the normal post?

You'd be surprised - using the likes of Nightline or Fastway for parcels can often work out cheaper than standard parcel post, especially if they negotiated a good rate for this exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

gizmo555 wrote: »
    You'd be surprised - using the likes of Nightline or Fastway for parcels can often work out cheaper than standard parcel post, especially if they negotiated a good rate for this exercise.

Exactly. Especially within dublin, there are plenty of companies undercutting An post, especially if you give them lots of business.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

This is excellent - I just came across this thread and ordered myself a few vests and and arm bands - no excuse now :p

Btw whats the difference between a running bib and a vest?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

leahyl wrote: »
    Btw whats the difference between a running bib and a vest?

vests have cut-out armholes by the looks of it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

RayCun wrote: »
    vests have cut-out armholes by the looks of it

Ah right, sorry couldn't make it out myself! Thanks :)

gizmo555 wrote: »

Good to know!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Small bump

Put in an order, thanks OP

I've no idea if the stock is gone but they have another campaign for 200,000 hi vis jackets for OAP's so they seem to buy plenty when they launch a campaign

Advertisement