Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭contrary_mary

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    I've had a few days where he's been quiet too, the past week or so though he really feels like he's grown so the fact he's an active baby really shows! He seems to sleep when I do, then as soon as I'm up like this morning, myself and fiance were having a chat in bed and he was holding my belly and within a minute or two the little guy woke up and started kicking and moving like a mad thing!:D

Aw that's lovely. My little one doesn't seem to have any pattern, and he's not a big mover in general, but he is wedged into an awkward position and can only move hands/feet and not his body so maybe that makes a difference.

I'm uncomfortable and tired and for the first time starting to wonder how to make it through the next few weeks. It's still early days to be feeling like that! Hopefully it's just an anomaly and a good night's sleep tonight will fix it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Aw that's lovely. My little one doesn't seem to have any pattern, and he's not a big mover in general, but he is wedged into an awkward position and can only move hands/feet and not his body so maybe that makes a difference.

I'm uncomfortable and tired and for the first time starting to wonder how to make it through the next few weeks. It's still early days to be feeling like that! Hopefully it's just an anomaly and a good night's sleep tonight will fix it!

Yeah I've been sleeping a bit more the past week and my back was tender today, the bump is starting to pull on it a bit and I get a bad back anyway so hoping it'll ease off after a good night's sleep! I'd say the heat is probably making you feel more tired too.

Feeling good in general, the heat of shops is really getting to me though especially when it's already warm out, starting to avoid shopping:(

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Yeah I've been sleeping a bit more the past week and my back was tender today, the bump is starting to pull on it a bit and I get a bad back anyway so hoping it'll ease off after a good night's sleep! I'd say the heat is probably making you feel more tired too.

Feeling good in general, the heat of shops is really getting to me though especially when it's already warm out, starting to avoid shopping:(

I'm not a big shopper at the best of times and it's definitely something I have minimal interest in these days! I've got the bare minimum for the hospital bags and home and that will do for the moment!

I'd been feeling good too so I'm hoping this is just a temporary glitch. I'm going to have a shower now and then force myself to eat something, then bed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Had my midwives clinic this morning and headed into town after to finish shopping for my labour/hospital bag. Have everything sorted now except for nursing bras. I read not to get measured for them til 36wks and I've a bigger bust anyway so can't get cheap cheap ones so want to make sure I'm getting good comfy ones when I'm paying the money for them.

It's mad how the movements have changed! @ncmc It does feel like the baby is just going to "drop out" sometimes lol! Mobility has slowed right down, finding work very hard the last week or two, God knows what I'll be like in another few weeks, another month of work to go yet! eeek!!

How are all the June mums to be? I'm good - 35 weeks tomorrow and coping much better with the tiredness since I started going to bed earlier! You'd think that would be obvious but I'm so used to getting by on 5-6 hours sleep - getting to bed an hour earlier had made all the difference! I've got a really proper bump now too after being quite small all along. I'm still coping in work and hope to make it through the last 3 weeks unscathed. Baby is still completely inconsistent in movements - had crazy active days and then lazy ones which have me worried sick.

We've also gotten really organised in the last couple of weeks - finally buying the essentials for baby and we have our box room cleaned out and painted and ready for new furniture. I keep going in to look at it (even though it's empty) and I caught my husband doing the same last night! Cute! I wanted to buy as little as possible in advance (hate the idea of "tempting fate") but I reckon there are certain things we will need for the first couple of weeks at home and there's no point in being in a panic after baby arrives. I still only have minimal clothes (3 babygros!) but I think granny wants to buy some gender - appropriate babygros afterwards.

How's everyone else?

• Advertisement

Hey, sounds like you're doing great!

Starting 34 weeks tomorrow, all good so far which is great and apart from sleeping terribly each night I've felt ok although a bit achier and slower!

We've a normal consultant/midwife app next week and also an appointment for a different type of scan to check as my fluid levels around baby are high normal and baby's kidneys were slightly higher levels than average, again just precautionary as neither of us are in a bad level but like that nothing is left to chance. Bit nervous about that one on Tues morning but hopefully goes great!

We've been planning with gusto over the past 2 weeks as my fiance is a primary school teacher and was on holidays so we have all the babygros/vests we need, cot coming next week, pram and car seat ready, we bought isofix yesterday for car which was expensive but will be great for safety. Loads of stuff bought in Aldi baby event too so we're reasonably set now for baby arriving.

Bought a couple of nursing bras in M & S too, not the best looking bras ever but they're so comfy as my normal underwired ones were digging into my bump so I'm wearing them already!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Good to hear everyone is getting on so well. All good here too, 35 weeks on Tuesday so definitely getting to the business end. I'm the same with the inconsistent movement contrary Mary, have had a couple of quiet days over the weekend, but there is still movement so trying not to worry. I know what you mean about the sleeping, I have started to embrace the power nap! Was never much of a napper, but have had a couple this week and it feels great! Thankfully still sleeping pretty well at night too. Nursery is pretty much done, painted, furniture in, decals up, clothes sorted. I got a lot given to me by my sister so I'm lucky I haven't had to buy a lot. I keep going in for a look, it's so pretty!

Best of luck on Tuesday smokey eyes, every scan is a worry especially if there is some slight concern, but hopefully everything will be hunky dory.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭dustie1

Soo relieved to hear that other babies are inconsistent in their movements also.. Some days babs could do her 10movements in a few mins, while other days i've to stop and lie down to coax something out of her! I'm 34 weeks today. Had scan friday and baby is growing again, she'd fallen behind last time despite me having gestational diabetes. I'm on high BP meds now too so thats making me drowsy but v handy for lots of naps. Trying to keep her in til 38 weeks now. Finding my hands & feet swollen too so lots of monitoring going on.. how very glamorous pregnancy is!!

How's your blood pressure going Dustie is it pre eclampsia or just a bit of high pressure in general?

Sounds like you're coping very well even with a few complications so good to know they're looking after you and that everything is still going so smoothly:)

My BP is still up.. 166/110 in consultants office last week :( But have meds now so hopefully it'll go down. Having weekly scans now and additional monitoring. Nobody has confirmed pre-eclampsia as i've no headache and protein in urine is coming and going but Consultant not too happy - he said that we'll just try to get to 38wks now. I'm fine with that, at least babs is 5lbs so thats not too bad. I'm just looking forward to not being pregnant anymore :)

• Advertisement

dustie1 wrote: »
    My BP is still up.. 166/110 in consultants office last week :( But have meds now so hopefully it'll go down. Having weekly scans now and additional monitoring. Nobody has confirmed pre-eclampsia as i've no headache and protein in urine is coming and going but Consultant not too happy - he said that we'll just try to get to 38wks now. I'm fine with that, at least babs is 5lbs so thats not too bad. I'm just looking forward to not being pregnant anymore :)

You won't see the next few weeks flying! Glad they're looking after you so well and 5lbs is great!

I'm so happy to hear it's not just me with the inconsistent movement - anyone I spoke to in real life reckons they feel baby all day every day! Maybe ours will be good sleepers (wishful thinking!)

Nursing bras are the last thing on my hospital bag list - i will try to pick them up next weekend. May was supposed to be "chill out month" for us but we've still a few jobs to do. I feel like we've been on the go constantly - we'll be wrecked by the time baby gets here!

Dustie sorry to hear you're having such a rough time. I assume you're off work and resting up? My little babs had been measuring small too but has been growing so we're hoping it's just a small baby and nothing more sinister. At the moment the plan is to get to 39 weeks for me, all going well. I'm scheduled in for a section at 39+1 at the moment.

Gosh Dustie, that is high, glad they're keeping a close eye on you. God forgive me and I know I've been so lucky with my pregnancy, but it must be nice to have a definite date you know you won't go past. I have a family wedding on May 31st, 3 days before my due date and I don't know if I should even buy something to wear to it. I think I might wait a couple of weeks, but something, keep the tags on and return if I'm lucky enough to go early. Though what I'll wear at almost 40 weeks is beyond me...

ncmc wrote: »
    Though what I'll wear at almost 40 weeks is beyond me...

I was at a wedding a couple of weeks ago and I bought a cheap dress online. It was fine, and did the job, but it wasn't really "me" and I felt uncomfortable all day. I was sorry I didn't get a plain wrap style nursing dress maybe in black, as a lot of the nursing styles work for pre and post birth. I would then get a really nice statement necklace to dress it up. Then if we get good weather over the summer a dress like that would be lovely with sandals when out for lunch etc.

That would be my recommendation. I know my friend had a lovely mamas and papas jersey dress which she wore very near the end and it was a nursing dress too so she got wear out of it after.

I'm the same, all the maternity dresses I've looked at aren't really my style. I wouldn't be a great one for maxi dresses and that seems to be the majority of what's available. Also I think a lot of the empire line dresses make you look much bigger than you are. There's a brand called Tiffany Rose and I think their dresses are very pretty, but they start at about €120 and I'm just not willing to pay that for something that'll be worn once. I'll check out mamas and papas, didn't realise they did maternity wear.

I completely know how your feeling ncmc about having a fixed date you know you'll have baby arrive. My consultant was going on holiday a few days after my due date so back at 20wks i'd been pushing for a induction/delivery date from him before he went on leave. I'm sure he thought I was crazy, and that was before I started having complications, but I'm a worrier and wanted consultant there for arrival.. thats why i'm paying him!

I attended my friends wedding last week in a maxi dress and flat shoes. I think when your pregnant u only see a huge bump anyways and to be honest I dont think it would have mattered what I wore, I would have been uncomfortable.. lots of food and being out of my comfy sweat pants was tough anyways! In the end I got a nice seat on the sofa in bar area and relaxed!

I'll check out mamas and papas, didn't realise they did maternity wear.

JoJo Maman Bebe also do clothes that double for maternity and nursing. Now they're not exactly high fashion - more basic soft jersey tops and dresses, but they're nice quality for the price and the dresses could be dressed up or down.

I'm so sorry now that I didn't shop more sensibly for maternity wear in the beginning instead of just trying to get the cheapest stuff possible, which I now hate. Ah well - you live and learn.

JoJo Maman Bebe also do clothes that double for maternity and nursing. Now they're not exactly high fashion - more basic soft jersey tops and dresses, but they're nice quality for the price and the dresses could be dressed up or down.

I'm so sorry now that I didn't shop more sensibly for maternity wear in the beginning instead of just trying to get the cheapest stuff possible, which I now hate. Ah well - you live and learn.
    Ditto to this. I scrimped as well and now have two pairs of skinny jeans from Penny's which are a horrible fit and I hate wearing, one pair of combats from Mothercare which I also hate, one pair of work trousers which I am washing and wearing and one pair of regular leggings from Next which I LIVE IN! Definitely wish I had shopped a bit smarter at the beginning, but damned if I'm going to spend a lot of money now.

Ok, so I think I have narrowed the search for a dress down to the following two, it's my sister in laws wedding and i'm likely to be in photos, so want to try and look someway decent (if that's possible at 39+4!) I love the short one which is from Mama's and Papa's but wonder if I'd be better getting a maxi in case I am cankle central at that stage? What do you guys think?
    S11YK29?$productpagemainimage$20002707_WhitecapGray_001_ProductLarge.jpg

I much prefer the short one! Maxi dresses aren't my thing though so I'm probably the wrong person to ask!

• Advertisement

I much prefer the short one! Maxi dresses aren't my thing though so I'm probably the wrong person to ask!
    I'm the same! I'd never normally wear maxi dresses but the vast majority of maternity dresses seem to be maxi. I think I'll wait another couple of weeks and if my swelling isn't too bad, I'll go with the short. I've had none so far, so hoping that lasts. Think I could brighten up the short one with bright accessories, I saw a lovely pair of yellow wedges that would be really cute with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭MissFire

Just seen lidl has a few maternity T-shirt's and light dresses and leggings on Monday..

I'm an emotional wreck this evening.. Just so tired of everything.. Everyone is pi$$in me off now.. Pelvic pain is brutal at night time and just noticed my ankles are all swollen.. Waaaaah.. Not sleeping much these nights unfortunately.. About 3 or 4 hours, which you can imagine was delightful today with a 13 hour shift.. Roll on next Tuesday!! Woo hoo..

Baba seems to be right order though, swinging out of my ribs with its toes at the moment.. Lots of movement thankfully.. Gave me a right kick in work today and jumped sky high in front of coworkers .. Morto!!

Other than being a moaning Mildred, it seems to be going OK.. Just getting a bit slower and bigger each day..

Time is flying....

I noticed my ankles swollen for the first time tonight too! My socks has actually left painful red indents in my legs! I think that's put the kaybosh on the pretty short dress above for the wedding!

I noticed my ankles swollen for the first time tonight too! My socks has actually left painful red indents in my legs! I think that's put the kaybosh on the pretty short dress above for the wedding!

That's exactly same here, socks were even kinda loose cause they oldish. Wonder was cause today was bit warmer too.. Gosh we're going look hot to trot with our puffy ankles in our flip flops in few weeks time! Wonder how long it takes for them to 'deflate' after birth...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

The maxi dress is too loud a print for a wedding I think.

January wrote: »
    The maxi dress is too loud a print for a wedding I think.
    The look i'm envisioning is 'boho chic' the reality will probably be more 'overstuffed sofa' :D

I'm rapidly approaching the 'don't care and may go in my leggings' stage!

The look i'm envisioning is 'boho chic' the reality will probably be more 'overstuffed sofa' :D

I'm rapidly approaching the 'don't care and may go in my leggings' stage!

Haha good one.. Made me laugh out loud in the office...

New look had some plain black Maxi dresses last time I was in.. Could bling it up with accessories, colour bag and cheap fascinator from Dunnes.. You'd get to wear black dress again I'd imagine.. Nice hangy down material in it

Ultrasound scan this morning, my high level fluid level around baby has come down and his kidneys have come down a little bit (they weren't bad level just slightly higher), placenta and cord all look good and she said he's measuring perfectly so was a great scan!!

So bloomin' warm today though, can't hack the heat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

Only a few weeks left! Wonder will we have any May babies?

Advertisement