Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Funny (ha, ha)' side of religion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Registered Users Posts: 13,028 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

• Registered Users Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

The beetles are bigger than Jesus now.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭Worztron

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement

00111010 00101101 00101001

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

---

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭timetogo1

• Advertisement

Bungeezus

It's not funny being stuck in a hospital bed, but especially not when the god botherers come calling as they are frequently wont to do even in supposedly public health systems.

Some years ago I had the misfortune to suffer a fracture and the only bed available was in the geriatric ward where the chaplains (publicly funded, spit) ran amok and did not take no for an answer, although I was only prayed over and felt up over the covers, but nonetheless my politely but expressly voiced wishes counted for nothing. 😡

Fare thee well Michael Gambon, I never knew you were a Dub...

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

"Be in time" though? I thought "salvation" from the crimes I didn't commit was an unlimited, not time limited offer? They're clearly on the evangelical wing of CoE but CoE nonetheless.

Poor old bloke clearly trying to say **** off but not quite managing it...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Poor old bloke clearly trying to say **** off but not quite managing it...

I know just how he feels. Years back, I was stuck at some church thing when some happy-clappy choir started up, with the same kind of musical support - one inept clown on a honkey-tonk Casio keyboard and another clown with a tambourine and neither of them synched with each other, or the rest of the choir, or the congregation or, quite often, themselves. Only Swizzle Singers have caused me more near-synaesthetic pain.

Anyway, it was an enormous pleasure to be able to sight-read the tune well enough to be perhaps half a beat late and sing it at enormous volume and close enough to the correct(ish) bass note that it was occasionally possible to set up, against the choir's dreadful bass section, low-frequency resultant beat waves up and down the nave.

Hang on a sec, the flood killed seabirds too? how?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Starvation I assume. Dumping that much freshwater into the oceans would kill most marine life. The reefs and corals would also die as they wouldn't be getting enough sun light.

Ah, but how do you know it was freshwater? 😎

• Advertisement

On the subject of water...

We'd all be dead if it wasn't for distillation. Of sea water into beneficent (except when floods kill ppl, obv, but that's satan's fault innit) rain 😇

I jusht choose to extend the process to alcomahol... *hic*

• Registered Users Posts: 25,427 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 40,184 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

🛑🛑🛑

• Advertisement

Advertisement