Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multi-functional events centre (Budget 2014)

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭calnand

Yeah the 3arena is 14,500 standing and seated, odyssey is 11,000 so two nights in the odyssey and 4 in the 3 arena is 80000 people or the equivalent of one concert in Croke Park. If Cork had an arena I say they would've had a concert or two down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Thing is, the plans say 6000 seat capacity. If like most modern arena's they can remove ground level seats for concerts the capacity might bump up to 8 or 9 thousand easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

tmgdeSHl.jpg

update on the centre. Certain parts of that letter give the impression that we will be waiting for a while...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

since the awarding of public funding in December 2015 ???????

• Registered Users Posts: 18,072 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

tmgdeSHl.jpg

update on the centre. Certain parts of that letter give the impression that we will be waiting for a while...

I get an underlying tone from that letter that this is far from a done deal. If there isn't good news on this by the election (i.e. construction actually staeted) then I reckon the public funding will be pulled and this project will die a death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Pitcairn

tmgdeSHl.jpg

From what I hear it is the banks which are holding up issues now. They are seeking various guarantees and security for any money they put in hence the ongoing talks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Pitcairn wrote: »
    From what I hear it is the banks which are holding up issues now. They are seeking various guarantees and security for any money they put in hence the ongoing talks.

Wha???.

Is there not €20m already available from the government and the owners will be Bam/Heineken,two companies who wouldnt be short a penny.

That does'nt make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

Can anything at all be done in this city? It's absolutely pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Sounds Dreamy

Can anything at all be done in this city? It's absolutely pathetic.

Of course, we have Cork Airport to be proud of. Up there on a hill on the south side of the City.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

The Airport is currently and technically still in the County.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Is that letter genuine because if so - their letter heading is atrocious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

D'Agger wrote: »

I got it directly from Cllr Ken O'Flynn's FB page so I'd imagine, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭clerk

D'Agger wrote: »

it says "since the award of public funding in December 2015" !!

Advertisement