Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Gentleman's Club Motoring thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Actually I am liking it. I got the 160bhp version so it still has a little bit of ooomph when I need (want) it.

Now I just need to disable that bloody seatbelt warning alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Actually I am liking it. I got the 160bhp version so it still has a little bit of ooomph when I need (want) it.

Now I just need to disable that bloody seatbelt warning alarm.
    I love that alarm in my Focus - it means I get to tell people to cop the fúck on and buckle up, your friendship isn't worth penalty points :pac:

I test drove the 160bhp version and it was nice but the car was so solid that you'd hardly realise you're going that speed. Cruise control & 6 gears are a must in my next car, looking to change next year where possible.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

It has cruise control but I never drove a car before with cruise control that wasn't automatic so I kept forgetting to change the gears :pac:. A couple of times I ended up doing 75mph in 4th. Engine sound didn't change too much either whereas the petrol engine would have been screaming at me.

I was on the verge of buying a Mondeo but it was a year older and the difference in money didn't really justify it.

My old faithful steed Frankie Focus on my last day with her

Kr6xcaTl.jpg

My new German frauline :)

g2yUzbGl.jpg

lJ0LxyBl.jpg

1ndMZ51l.jpg

wKGtyqRl.jpg

r6irNnUl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I see some bowsies vandalised your number plate #baxtards

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

How are you finding the Passat D'Ag??

Have to say they are a beautiful looking car. Must post a pic of mine up here sometime when I get the chance to wash it and make it a bit more presentable.. :p

• Administrators Posts: 53,487 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    How are you finding the Passat D'Ag??

Have to say they are a beautiful looking car. Must post a pic of mine up here sometime when I get the chance to wash it and make it a bit more presentable.. :p

Loving it - it's very comfortable so you can stick on cruise control and chill out - the sound system is very good in it so I'm happy to cruise away and listen to music. At the same time, it's good fun to drive if you want to put the boot down - 2nd gear is great in it, you could stay in 4th accelerating for ages too.

Plus with the comfort of it, you'd hardly notice the speed you're doing.
    awec wrote: »
    Those Passat CC's are really nice but they are pretty feckin expensive!

This was brought in from England and had the VRT included in the price so it worked out cheaper than it should really. Got a decent price for my Focus on the trade in due to low mileage etc. but I still had to save up a bit for it.

Advertisement