Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2014 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Anyone signed Central Defender Kurt Zouma?

What's he like?

He's expensive but turns into a great player. IMO Alvarez Balanta is better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    He's expensive but turns into a great player. IMO Alvarez Balanta is better.

Have been looking at Balanta - will try get him in so!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

^ Both turn into beasts in the game, just jumped ship from Derby to Inter in my game and trying to buy Zouma back from Chelsea now. Balanta is at City and worth crazy money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Anyone signed Central Defender Kurt Zouma?

What's he like?

Always turns into a beast, whatever version of the game you have :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,174 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

The start of my career at Police United in Thailand has been eventful on the pitch..

2gNUGqe.png

Took over 7 games into the season with the team 2nd from bottom. Half the team was injured/suspended which is why the last manager was sacked. I need new defenders in the summer window.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I've been playing the challenges and I've completed 2. The kids one (using barcelona) and the unbeaten run one (with bayern).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Won the league with Liverpool in my first season and have recruited Pastore, Draxler and Eder Balanta for this year ;)
    Anybody played with Balanta? Apparently he turns into an absolute monster!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

Havnt played this since it was launched, have the problems been sorted? (injuries, hitting the post a billion times etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Won the league with Liverpool in my first season and have recruited Pastore, Draxler and Eder Balanta for this year ;)
    Anybody played with Balanta? Apparently he turns into an absolute monster!

For the cost he's probably the best young central defender you can sign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

irishmover wrote: »
    For the cost he's probably the best young central defender you can sign.

Cheers mate, I've heard the same! Sakho and Skrtel were beasts for me last season, so I'm hoping Sakho and Balanta will be the ultimate cb pairing!

One other thing, is it only possible to recall players on loan during a transfer window?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

One other thing, is it only possible to recall players on loan during a transfer window?

Depends whether you inserted a clause.

Just lost a game 3-2. I had 10 shots on target and they had 2. FML.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Having a great summer in 2018 on my current save.

My two main attackers, a Brazilian striker (aged 22) and an Argentinian AMC (Aged 22) have both come back from the World Cup with their values doubled, with the latter now being worth 35m. Another Brazilian AMC who was worth 350k who I got on a free transfer joined and was worth 10m. And a South Korean left back, aged 20, was worth 2.1m, bought for 2.5m, and when he joined, his value jumped straight up to 10.5m :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Having a great summer in 2018 on my current save.

My two main attackers, a Brazilian striker (aged 22) and an Argentinian AMC (Aged 22) have both come back from the World Cup with their values doubled, with the latter now being worth 35m. Another Brazilian AMC who was worth 350k who I got on a free transfer joined and was worth 10m. And a South Korean left back, aged 20, was worth 2.1m, bought for 2.5m, and when he joined, his value jumped straight up to 10.5m :D

I dunno if much people do this also but I try to avoid getting fake players as long as I can because it takes away from the realism of it. I wouldn't mind it so much if the fake 16 year olds coming from somewhere like sligo rovers have the stats of a wonderkid like neymar, zouma, balanta and worth about 2 million straight away. And its always the big teams that sign the best wonderkids from obscure clubs that you could only find through luck.

Another reason for me would be that I never do more than 2 seasons unless I'm a lower league club working my way to the champions league. I think once you win every cup, its time to start a new game!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I've won the Champions League twice in a row but I can't get over the line when it comes to winning the Premier League! There was one year where I was 3 pts ahead in the league and was playing a team who'd already been relegated on the final day. I lost and the team who were in 2nd place won the league on goal difference.

Now this season I had a nightmare start. Lost my first game (to Chelsea) and drew another 2. Since then though i've been injury free and have gone unbeaten. It's now Feb but i'm still second in the league. Chelsea are absolutely bossing it and, believe it or not, are yet to lose! They just keep winning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

I rarely beat a team in the relegation zone. No problems winning the champions league or the top english sides but when the big game against Watford comes around I get absolutely crumbled

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

I rarely beat a team in the relegation zone. No problems winning the champions league or the top english sides but when the big game against Watford comes around I get absolutely crumbled

Outdesired

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

I'm in a save currently at Real Madrid , spent 7 seasons at Dortmund thinks I'm in the year 2026 or 2027 now.

Just wanted to give some credit to Victor Wanyama , he's an absolute beast on my save , 37 years old now and STILL in my first team at Madrid , his stats have hardly dropped off , ok he's lost a bit of stamina , pace etc as expected but is still as fit and consistant as ever , can play two games in one week no problem.

At his prime he was the best box to box or BWM in the world and he just signed a contract extention to stay on for another season.

If anyone is in a save where this guy in younger , sign him up....now...

Started a fresh Derby save, got promoted through the playoffs and just managed to sign Balanta before the second season :D Will be himself and Lescott leading from the back for the second season anyway!

• Advertisement

Started a fresh Derby save, got promoted through the playoffs and just managed to sign Balanta before the second season :D Will be himself and Lescott leading from the back for the second season anyway!

Oh how I spoke too soon. The bollox decided to join AC at the last minute. New objective: buy Balanta and stick into U18s for the duration of contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Really hard to sign players after the 14.3 update. Kids I was signing for Leeds pre update won't even sign for Lazio now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Has anyone signed William Carvalho?

I started a new game on 14.3 there and he is not there. I checked my old game and he was not present there either. I'm using a large database with England and Ireland playable.

Confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Keno wrote: »
    Has anyone signed William Carvalho?

I started a new game on 14.3 there and he is not there. I checked my old game and he was not present there either. I'm using a large database with England and Ireland playable.

Confused.

He's not in my game either, and I've the same settings. But he is in the database, and his rating and potential aren't anything special anyway

He's not in my game either, and I've the same settings. But he is in the database, and his rating and potential aren't anything special anyway

Yeah, I've seen people say they bought him. Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

I've been playing football manager for 14 years now (Jesus that just dawned on me) but I don't think I've ever assembled a team as good as the Read Madrid team I have now. I'm at 2028 so players are all regens , most coming through the academy , but my god the lot of them are world beaters. Won the treble last season and are unbeaten in 78 games in Liga BBVA , I'm really hoping I can reach 100 games unbeaten.

Their determination is astounting and I seem to have jus nailed the right tactics for the team, even when we have been 3-0 down I know we can pull it back with a couple of tweaks in tactics and explosive players coming off the bench. Last season was immence, Champions Leauge semi final we were 2-0 down to Man Utd away at old trafford and playing a 4-5-1 variation , not creating much. I made some changes , brought the right winger over to the left and a young 18 year old (Next Andrea Pirlo) off the bench , we scored 4 goals in 15 minutes , the winger cutting inside on to his right foot tore them apart and the youngster smacked in a goal and two assists. He went on get MOTM in the final with 2 goals and an assist. He's the first name on my teamsheet this season in AP role at only 18 I really believe he is going to be my best ever regen.

I should post some screen shots of the team haven't done that before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Yeah, I've seen people say they bought him. Weird.

Try loading up the portugese leagues. You can remove leagues after a season anyway if you sign him

In Summer 2013 of my first Man Utd season on the 14.3 update.

Tried to sign Bender, Benassi, Capezzi, Kovacic and Hojbjerg. None of them will sign. Fellaini, Cleverley, Giggs and Carrick will have to do...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

In Summer 2013 of my first Man Utd season on the 14.3 update.

Tried to sign Bender, Benassi, Capezzi, Kovacic and Hojbjerg. None of them will sign. Fellaini, Cleverley, Giggs and Carrick will have to do...

Sign of the future? :P

• Advertisement

Colemania wrote: »
    Sign of the future? :P

Can't say it's not realistic anyway...

Advertisement