Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

simon xt beeping problem

• 12-10-2013 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi all,
    We moved into a house a few weeks ago with an Eircom Simon XT alarm, we have not renewed the contract and were planning to use it as a standard alarm. However a couple of times a day, including at 4am this morning, it beeps with a message that “GSM status” followed by “Gsm net not registered”, until we click information and disable. This stops it for 1-2 days, but then it starts afain

Can we can stop this message from appearing (and ideally use it as a standard alarm) We phoned Eircom but as we weren’t a customer they weren’t able/willing to help (told us that the battery will die in the future and we’ll need to get them into replace it)
    Any help would be appreciated, I read through some similar posts on boards, but can’t find a solution.
    Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

benzene12 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    We moved into a house a few weeks ago with an Eircom Simon XT alarm, we have not renewed the contract and were planning to use it as a standard alarm. However a couple of times a day, including at 4am this morning, it beeps with a message that “GSM status” followed by “Gsm net not registered”, until we click information and disable. This stops it for 1-2 days, but then it starts afain

Can we can stop this message from appearing (and ideally use it as a standard alarm) We phoned Eircom but as we weren’t a customer they weren’t able/willing to help (told us that the battery will die in the future and we’ll need to get them into replace it)
    Any help would be appreciated, I read through some similar posts on boards, but can’t find a solution.
    Thanks,

That is the sim card in the unit. P.W. would of disabled the sim once the monitoring of the system stopped. You would need the engineer code to delete the numbers the system dials out on. If you did get the code then the Simon XT can be set up to ring 4 phone numbers rather than ringing the monitoring station.

Sent you a P.M. re the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 arubap

Hi altor,

Can you please send me the engineer code for the phone watch alarm GSM status beeping issue? Thanks.

Regards,

D

arubap wrote: »
    Hi altor,

Can you please send me the engineer code for the phone watch alarm GSM status beeping issue? Thanks.

Regards,

D

Sent you a P.M.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 YSR

altor wrote: »
    That is the sim card in the unit. P.W. would of disabled the sim once the monitoring of the system stopped. You would need the engineer code to delete the numbers the system dials out on. If you did get the code then the Simon XT can be set up to ring 4 phone numbers rather than ringing the monitoring station.

Sent you a P.M. re the code.

Hi Altor, I really appreciate you helping out people with this issue. I have the same difficulty with my Simon XT alarm system. Could you please send me the code and also the procedure that I will need to follow. Many thanks in advance.

YSR wrote: »
    Hi Altor, I really appreciate you helping out people with this issue. I have the same difficulty with my Simon XT alarm system. Could you please send me the code and also the procedure that I will need to follow. Many thanks in advance.

No probs, sent you a P.M.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 318 iS Cosmos

No probs, sent you a P.M.

Hi, i'm getting the exact same issue with our Simon XT control panel! Recently moved into a rented house but this beeping has recently started and previous tenants don't know the code! The contract with eircom must have ceased - can anyone help? Cheers

Hi, i'm getting the exact same issue with our Simon XT control panel! Recently moved into a rented house but this beeping has recently started and previous tenants don't know the code! The contract with eircom must have ceased - can anyone help? Cheers

If you have no codes then a factory reset and reprogram of the system will fix the issue for you. I have sent you the installer manual by P.M.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 318 iS Cosmos

If you have no codes then a factory reset and reprogram of the system will fix the issue for you. I have sent you the installer manual by P.M.

Jason, thanks a million for that - very much appreciated!

Jason, thanks a million for that - very much appreciated!

That is no problem, any other issues let us know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gordonhowe

Same issue here. Simon XT no longer being monitored by Phonewatch and I'm trying to stop the unit from beeping away all the time with the GSM error.

I've downloaded the manuals and such, but I think I need the engineer code to get in to the system progamming menu to change/delete the phone numbers it's trying to dial.

I see that altor has helped a number of people in this thread, any chance of a shout?

-gh

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi
    I sent you a PM re the engineer code.Any problems give us a shout.

Colm

gordonhowe wrote: »
    Same issue here. Simon XT no longer being monitored by Phonewatch and I'm trying to stop the unit from beeping away all the time with the GSM error.

I've downloaded the manuals and such, but I think I need the engineer code to get in to the system progamming menu to change/delete the phone numbers it's trying to dial.

I see that altor has helped a number of people in this thread, any chance of a shout?

-gh

No problem, if you dont get it sorted give me a shout :)

Jason.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 maxopaxo

Hi Jason/Altor,

I'm getting these "GSM ststus" messages twice a day at 8am/pm and they are driving me mad. Can you pm me the eng. code, please?!
    Thanx

Regards
    Karl

PS. Alarm is not monitorred by Eircom

maxopaxo wrote: »
    Hi Jason/Altor,

I'm getting these "GSM ststus" messages twice a day at 8am/pm and they are driving me mad. Can you pm me the eng. code, please?!
    Thanx

Regards
    Karl

PS. Alarm is not monitorred by Eircom

Sent you the info and the manual :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 maxopaxo

Hi Altor,

Thank you for your prompt reply, it worked - the beep is gone!

I tried to go 1 step further and make the alarm ring/text me instead of P.W., however it proved to be more challenging. I can access the system programming menu but the submenu "Phone numbers" is missing, ie. can not enter my phone number into the system. It looks like it was hidden/deleted by Eircom on instalation. Is there any way around it? I read the manual you forwarded and it seems that there is a "Dealer" code which is used to hide this option from the installer. As it stands I have the Master code but need the Dealer code in order to make it work.
    Any help will be much appreciated!

Regards

Karl

• Registered Users Posts: 3 stape

Hello

I have the same problem - Simon XT alarm in house i have just bought keepings beeping. I have tried i and deactivate but it sees to come back.

Any info on how to turn it into a standard non monitored alarm would be greatly appreiciated.

Hello

I have the same problem - Simon XT alarm in house i have just bought keeps beeping. I have tried i and deactivate but it sees to come back.

Any info on how to turn it into a standard non monitored alarm would be greatly appreiciated.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its probably beeping communications fault.
    You will need engineer access. Unfortunately we can not help you with that here. You can request it off PW and come back and we can go through the programming with you from there.

How do I get the engineer code - PW seem to 200 euro to give me any information - is there some sort of override?

Thanks

PW asked you for €200 just to give you the engineer code.??

There are many other companies who would look at this for you. As I said unfortunately we are not allowed to help you here with engineer codes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭sqsqswqdwdwq

Altor - I believe I already have the Installer Code, but as a newbie, I am wondering if I need to get a Sim for my GSM unit or other so that the Simon XT unit can call my mobile in the event of any intrusion. Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but any guidance you can give would be much appreciated.

Altor - I believe I already have the Installer Code, but as a newbie, I am wondering if I need to get a Sim for my GSM unit or other so that the Simon XT unit can call my mobile in the event of any intrusion. Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but any guidance you can give would be much appreciated.

If you are setting the system up to ring yourself them you do need a new sim card for the GSM.
    You also need to set up the protocal on each number to voice for the system to ring your phone.

Also, make sure you turn off the sim code if enabled before putting it into the GSM.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Anyone have a link to a source for the internal battery for these ? I opened the mothers one and had a look but any googleing I do brings up a different type of battery than whats in it.

Anyone have a link to a source for the internal battery for these ? I opened the mothers one and had a look but any googleing I do brings up a different type of battery than whats in it.

REW on the suppliers list here should be able to get one in for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭gearoidc

If you are setting the system up to ring yourself them you do need a new sim card for the GSM.
    You also need to set up the protocal on each number to voice for the system to ring your phone.
    Also, make sure you turn off the sim code if enabled before putting it into the GSM.

Altor/Koolkid

I have my PW engineer's code waiver letter (no charge) but before I take a leap I'd like to be sure that I'm not creating a headache for myself.
    From what I've read on here I would need to get a new number+SIM and insert the SIM card in the unit.
    The unit then calls the newly programmed number(s) using the mobile network for that SIM.
    Is that about right?
    Also, can I ask what "to voice for the system to ring your phone" means. I'm a bit confused by this part.
    Many thanks to you both for all your advice on this forum.
    G

gearoidc wrote: »
    Altor/Koolkid

I have my PW engineer's code waiver letter (no charge) but before I take a leap I'd like to be sure that I'm not creating a headache for myself.
    From what I've read on here I would need to get a new number+SIM and insert the SIM card in the unit.
    The unit then calls the newly programmed number(s) using the mobile network for that SIM.
    Is that about right?
    Also, can I ask what "to voice for the system to ring your phone" means. I'm a bit confused by this part.
    Many thanks to you both for all your advice on this forum.
    G

Also make sure you turn off the sim code if on before putting in the new sim.
    The GSM needs to be powered down before changing the sim also.

The systems protocal needs to be set to voice.
    This is so when the alarm activates it plays the zone description.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ra_still1989

Any chance I can get that engineer code off ya

I'm sorry. But we are no longer allowed to help people with engineer codes here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭sqsqswqdwdwq

Altor,
    I'd really like to have the unit call my cell phone if there's an intrusion or a tripped sensor .....Where do I buy a GSM unit here in Ireland?

Advertisement