Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bitchiness, lying and the end result

Options
  • 07-10-2013 2:41am
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am basing this on a personal story (or the story of a friend to be more exact) but I'm sure that we've all come across something similar so I suppose that I'm just looking for discussion and opinions.

I have a friend that is notorious for her ridiculous stories, be them great stories about her or bitchy ones about everyone else. Some of you may know bits about my experiences with her from previous posts. We stopped believing them a long time ago but they still went on. She also enjoys being very bitchy about other people and will grab on to any bit of gossip that she can.

It seems that now however, the tables may have turned and this girl may have put herself in a bad personal situation through her behaviour. From what we can tell from the latest story, she's been having trouble in college which had led to her moving. This may even have been going on longer than we realised as there was a different story last year. While another friend and I were discussing this we realised that she may have locked herself into a corner because of her past behaviour. After so many stories and bitching about others, it seems that she's now too scared to tell others, including her best friend, about what the real story is for fear of receiving the same treatment herself and as a result, we can't really help her if she needs it. On the other side of the coin, we're not sure what to do either, knowing what's she's like. She wasn't really one for support. Yet, we don't have a problem with whatever is going with her. We've all had our problems and haven't judged each other on that. I find it sad that she has led herself to believe that this is the situation she finds herself in.

What do you think though Loungers? Is this a regular occurrence. Is this where bitching leads people? To hiding away when they have their own issues? How can others help in such situations when they don't even know the true and full story?

Sorry for the extra long post. Im just trying to put it all in context. I'm not looking for personal advice, more general opinion.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 LonelyBug

Simple answer: if she doesn't talk to you you're not in a position to help.

You can't make her open up about it so unless she comes to you about the situation she is in I'd forget about it.

I would question why you remain friends with someone like that, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Starokan

If you consistently spin a web of lies chances are you will be caught out.

In this case perhaps that has happened, I guess it depends on how much you care about the person in question, if you would still consider her to be your friend and you feel she is in a bad place I would say talk to her and see if you can help. If she says everything is ok you can only take her at her word. If she opens up to you then its likely that you will be drawn into whatever is happening.

I guess what you have to consider is whether you are opening yourself up to more tall tales and getting drawn into someone elses drama that is not real. If you speak with her you will just have to judge whether or not this is the case

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Or chances are shes bitched about the wrong person who wont take it lying down.As much as id help anybody out this is of her making and only she can fix it.Thats if its not one of her tall tales.She has only herself to blame,id steer clear f i was you.

Advertisement