Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports stars you admire?

Options
  • 06-10-2013 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    If you had a choice to meet any Irish sports athlete who would it be? Katie Taylor? Tommy Bowe? Robbie Keane? Think there will be a few interesting answers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Mark Pollock. Met him a few times. Genuinely sound guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭cena

There is this hockey this still player that is still playing for the mighty ducks at the age of 42

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Bernard Brogan

Dan Shanahan

Giggidy. And also the huge talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

cena wrote: »
    There is this hockey this still player that is still playing for the mighty ducks at the age of 42

An Irish guy?

I've met several cycling and motor sport stars but I've never been star struck. When it comes down to it they are normal people and you either get on with them or you don't. Like a lot of normal people they usually don't want to talk about work either! :-)

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Rob Heffernan - for being one of the funniest guys in Irish sport and being an amazing athlete.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭cena

Malari wrote: »
    An Irish guy?

I've met several cycling and motor sport stars but I've never been star struck. When it comes down to it they are normal people and you either get on with them or you don't. Like a lot of normal people they usually don't want to talk about work either! :-)

No his is from Finland

Advertisement