Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best places/pubs etc. to meet new people?

Options
  • 05-10-2013 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Does anyone have any suggestions where you can meet people and have a real conversation with them? (Coppers and nightclubs and even a lot of pubs are useless in that regard..) I'm sick of going out for weeks on end and still stuck with the same crowd being single.. :/ haha

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Hi OP,

As per charter rules, we don't allow meet up threads in tLL.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

DO NOT:

Post "request for friends", "new to X regional location - please advise" type threads.
    Please feel free to make use of the dedicated forum for meet ups HERE(see below Private Meetup Forum section for gaining access)... And of course for any geographically specific requests, there are the regional forums HERE

Private Meetup Forum

We have a Ladies Lounge private meetup forum - the thinking behind this is that details of where a group of women will be at a given time and place should not be public for all to see.

We will still continue to organize tLL beers in the main forum but as these are larger events the chances of something going wrong is significantly reduced.

Here are the rules to gain access:

1) If you are a lady with more than 100 posts, please PM one of the moderators of The Ladies Lounge: You will find their names at the bottom right of the forum page.

2) If you are a lady with less than 100 posts, please PM one of the moderators of the Ladies Lounge as above, but include a front facing photo of yourself holding a piece of paper that says "I am (username) and I request access to tLL private meetup forum" This is to ensure that we are only allowing women in. Photos will not be posted to the forum - it's not a popularity contest.

3) If you are a gentleman, I am afraid that we are not allowing you access at this time.

Online Dating Threads

All threads relating to online dating should be posting the the dedicated online dating forum. The forum is by request, to be granted access - please PM one of the moderators. Esoteric_, Knucklehead6, miamee.

Sorry if my post was abrupt :)

Above are links to regional forums, The Ladies Lounge Private forum, and the Online Dating forum.

All the best :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement