Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signed Irish Rugby Jersey Auction Ideas Please

Options
  • 04-10-2013 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I have an Irish jersey, signed by the team that I'd like to sell or auction for charity.
    I want it to fetch top dollar for the cause, therefore, I want to do it in a way that will reach the biggest "rugby-focused" audience.
    I'm considering a few options such as:
    • Internet Selling sites (eBay auctions/done deal/adverts.ie etc.)
    • Social Media (facebook/twitter etc)
    • Hanging the jersey somewhere prominent (behind the bar in a popular rugby pub maybe) and inviting bids
    Please throw suggestions my way.
    Any ballpark guesses on what it might fetch?
    I can have it's authenticity verified.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 BoboDub

you need to put a pic up first. impossible to give afvice without seeing the thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Depends on who's signed it too.
    If it's a shirt from say, the recent summer tour, it'll have a limited market,
    If it's a shirt with people like BOD, ROG & Bowe etc. You should do well.
    You could use Twitter and facebook to advertise the auction, but sell it thru donedeal or preferably eBay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Maybe wait until the time of the Autumn Internationals. There might be more interest if we win a game or two. Of course that might also work the other way...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,971 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

A good charity or cause will help your auction no end as well. God bless them but having it to raise bail money for the golden oldies on their tour to the pack leaders stag won't get the shekels in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭afishyfish

10309755864_3a2d05585e_o.png
    10309939823_1e447d5021_o.png

• Advertisement

Can anybody tell me how to post an image please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

10309939823_1e447d5021_o.png

Press the quote button on this post and look at the code.

You need the url for the image itself (usually ending in .jpg or .png etc), not just the page it's on.

they're both very nice. how much are you hoping to raise from them?

Not really sure to be honest. Have started the bidding at €200 for each. I'd love to think 400-500 for each, but that might be too optimistic.

The soccer jersey was worn by Shane long in the Faroe Islands match. (his name is on the back)

• Advertisement

f.y.i. shane long was suspended for the faroes game, so this is only his match spare and wasn't worn by him. Still a cracking shirt,

A good charity or cause will help your auction no end as well. God bless them but having it to raise bail money for the golden oldies on their tour to the pack leaders stag won't get the shekels in :D

All proceeds go to Ataxia Irelald
    Www.ataxia.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Try and get on a radio sports show and see if they will give you a bit of air time , to promote the cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Only Emerging Ireland have actually worn that jersey competitively. It was last June, in Georgia and not on tv.

I'd wait until at least during/after the Autumn Internationals so that as many people as possibly have seen Ireland wearing it and recognise it.

Who has signed it?

Not sure who has signed it. I'll ask the question.

Advertisement