Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So GTA 6 is now in the early stages....

Options
  • 03-10-2013 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭

So now that GTAV is out of the way, lets start the build up to GTA 6!! haha

Actually the game is in the early stages of discussion at Rockstar with their president Leslie Benzies saying that the studio has 45 years' of ideas for the future of GTA.

Obviously there will be more GTA but I get the impression we may have to wait a bit longer than the wait we had between GTA IV and GTA V.

The focus seems to be on GTA Online for the foreseeable future with more and more content being released. I'm personally not a huge multiplayer/online fan. I prefer to play with myself (ehem) so I am anxious that they continue with the superb single player format they are famous for.

Althought GTAV is a very polished game, you can see areas which can improve on with the next gen consoles. With regards to locations of the next one, its probably ridiculous to speculate but as they have returned to New York and LA it seems fairly obvious that we could see a next gen Vice City experience which would be amazing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Heikki

Cool..
    They will for sure continue with the console game at the centre of the GTA universe.. Any game bringing in 800 million $ in It's first day will ensure a continuation..
    I don't know if they should go back to Vice City.. They need to refresh and leave behind the decade(s) long tradition of hoping from Liberty, S.A and Vice City :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Imagine a version of Vice City with next gen graphics and scope... Oh sweet Jesus!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Nailz wrote: »
    Imagine a version of Vice City with next gen graphics and scope... Oh sweet Jesus!

Don't forgot the classic music

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Be nice if they made a game with more of a liveing breathing city more business's to steal the ability to make your own game instead of being so relient on the missions good as they are why not have banks you can steal ? it doesn't need to be as in depth as the missions but you could ring up some crew members and go hit the odd out of city bank or business etc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Just watched a video of San Andreas, game look great in my memory but it looks so bad now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I cannot believe this is a real thread (no offense OP)..... why are we talking about something 5 years down the line, less than 3 weeks after the latest release.... seriously

Cormac... wrote: »
    I cannot believe this is a real thread (no offense OP)..... why are we talking about something 5 years down the line, less than 3 weeks after the latest release.... seriously

Well Rockstar are talking about it, why can't we?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

py2006 wrote: »
    Well Rockstar are talking about it, why can't we?

Link?

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Link?

Well like I said, they touched on it with the 45 years of content comment but the focus now, obviously, is Online and adding content to it.
    "We don't know what GTA 6 will be, but we've got some ideas,"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Anyone know where the best place I could preorder GTA VI is? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

^^^ Midnight launch sometime 2018 ill mark my calender ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

I reckon if they can make ad-ons ( extra missions and stories, weapons, vehicles, characters etc ) the likes of which is being done with borderlands then I see gta v reigning supreme for the next decade..
    Also Imagine if you could download something like a weather event, have the blizzard setting of north yankton all over Los Santos, frozen lakes and all!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I reckon if they can make ad-ons ( extra missions and stories, weapons, vehicles, characters etc ) the likes of which is being done with borderlands then I see gta v reigning supreme for the next decade.
    With the added power of the next gen consoles they may be able to drop bigger cities into the GTA V world.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

As good as GTA v is the story is kinda short...........still a great game tho!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

ScumLord wrote: »
    With the added power of the next gen consoles they may be able to drop bigger cities into the GTA V world.

Or multiple cities, vice city an cuba would be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Or multiple cities, vice city an cuba would be amazing.

Just give me the everglades and a fan-boat and I'll be happy.

I had Vice City with Cuba and/or the Bahamas in my mind before the first V trailer was released. Think that would really work. Wouldn't mind see them tacking Hawaii as well.
    aaronh007 wrote: »
    Just give me the everglades and a fan-boat and I'll be happy.

Has to be some crocodiles too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

They are gonna need to do something big(which they will) I think to really revolutionise the game, they are gonna have to really go for two(minimum) big cities. I'm not one of these VC fanboys, the era isn't really me and I'm not a big godfather fan and the main character doesn't appeal to me, but going back to Vice City, but properly done could be pretty cool. If I was them I'd return to one main protagonist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Lenmeister

lol GTA 5 must have really bored you if you're already talking about 6 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭pah

I wouldn't bother with the iPhone 6 myself, think I'll wait for the 7.

:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Lenmeister

Ahh just get a samsung already!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

EdenHazard wrote: »
    If I was them I'd return to one main protagonist.

Doing the three allows them to cover all the bases. No way will they go back to one, especially not with the amount of new space they will have.

Personally, I'd like the three characters again, but with three cities, one in each. Obviously they can go between via airports or really, really long swims. An upgraded Liberty City, upgraded San Andreas and a new Vice City. Spread them out with smaller islands in between or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

before gta 6 any ideas if there will be spin offs from gta 5? like the ballad of gay tony from the lst one or the game with jonny and the lost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

^^^ Midnight launch sometime 2018 ill mark my calender ;)

Spring?

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    before gta 6 any ideas if there will be spin offs from gta 5? like the ballad of gay tony from the lst one or the game with jonny and the lost

Doubt it. They were mostly a reaction to complaints about the main game. Probably get DLC, but nothing as big as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Doubt it. They were mostly a reaction to complaints about the main game. Probably get DLC, but nothing as big as that.

I disagree. They've gone to all the trouble of creating this amazing world, with unlimited potential for different stories. Relatively speaking, creating new characters and stories isn't that difficult, compared to how much work has gone into the game, and with tens of millions of copies of GTA V sold, it's almost guaranteed to sell well.

As for GTA 6, we'll be waiting a while. I'd love to see Europe, but I remember reading an interview with the CEO of Rockstar saying that's not likely to happen.

I can't see where else they could do that's as well known and offers as many opportunities as New York, LA or Miami. Possibly New Orleans, Chicago or Vegas. An expanded Vice city with the Everglades is another possibility, though it'd be very flat.

I'd love to see them do one set in the 60's or 70's.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Can't imagine them taking 5 years again. GTA V will be the anamoly there. I kind of wish they'd just used Vice for V amd left SA as a whole for the next gen, but that's probably the nostalgia talking more than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

The difficulty with developing for the new generation of consoles is that everything will have to be more detailed, and thus creating a living breathing world will take correspondingly longer to design and model, so I wouldn't be surprised if it does take up to five years.

Interestingly, if it is released in 2018, and has the same time gap between it's release date and it's setting as San Andreas, it would be set in 2006!

With Watchdogs being set in Chicago and Ubisoft looking to set that game as a series, along with Infamous being New Orleans, I can't see Rockstar using either city soon.

The latter would have been interesting to see what Rockstar could have done though.

Detroit, Florida (Vice City + more), Hawaii, San Francisco (San Fierro), Las Vegas (Las Venturas), and Texas (perhaps with a border and Mexican town?) is what I hope is next on the agenda. Surprised not many have mentioned Hawaii actually.

One thing I'd like to see is no more islands. Make the desert similar to San Andreas and V's boundaries. In SA you could fly out for an hour to the far side of any side of the map and you weren't actually progressing distance wise. Somewhat like being on a treadmill if you follow. Throw in V's mechanic of boards and planes stalling at a certain point along with cars, it'll work better than the island malark I'm tired of seeing. Hawaii is an obvious exception to this and Florida being surrounded by water on three sides.

• Advertisement

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    One thing I'd like to see is no more islands. Make the desert similar to San Andreas and V's boundaries. In SA you could fly out for an hour to the far side of any side of the map and you weren't actually progressing distance wise. Somewhat like being on a treadmill if you follow. Throw in V's mechanic of boards and planes stalling at a certain point along with cars, it'll work better than the island malark I'm tired of seeing. Hawaii is an obvious exception to this and Florida being surrounded by water on three sides.

Technically, everything is an island in reality. Every single land mass is surrounded by water. In GTA land the land masses are just smaller. I have no issue with that and much rather it over endless desert.

I'd like to see the Texas/Mexico combination, similar to that of RDR. Imagine someone like Trevor on border patrol! Would make for great multi player content too. One team tries to get across, the other team has to stop them.

Advertisement