Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GT lighting

Options
  • 02-10-2013 4:38pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've noticed - especially on the 150 - the new GTs often going around with the lighting upstairs switched off, but in service with passengers upstairs.

I've seen it on the 123, 54A and 49 as well. Is there a reason or policy (energy use for example) why or just forgetful drivers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,558 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

That's just forgetful drivers.

Basic H & S requires lighting to be on when it's dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭stop

Saw an AV doing the same the other night.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I was thinking something like the VTs being kept in on 'normal' weekends when I was seeing more than a few of them

• Registered Users Posts: 17,558 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

It's just a driver not putting the lights on upstairs by accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭StreetLight

If there no lights operating upstairs, then there can be none downstairs either. There are separate switches to control all lighting on the offside (up and down) and all lighting on the nearside (up and down). If there are no lights on upstairs, then it is due to an electrical fault, not driver error.

• Advertisement
Advertisement