Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V - Interactive Google Map

• 28-09-2013 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hey all,

Thought this might interest a few - I created a Google Maps style map for GTA 5. Hopefully it's useful to people here!

http://gta-5-map.com/

Adding features every day - you can add locations, request deletions, and search.... Over the next few days I'll be adding more info for existing locations.

Any feature requests/feedback welcomed!

P.S. No StreetView until it comes out on pc :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

That's fantastic. If you need any info from the Blueprint map (hidden extras under UV light), let me know i have the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Tspoon

Cheers! I haven't seen the map yet myself, but if you notice any of them that aren't on the site then feel free to click 'Add Location'!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Excellent work, cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Dunno about anyone else, but the ad at the bottom left slightly blocks some text for me, good job though, great idea!

Dunno about anyone else, but the ad at the bottom left slightly blocks some text for me, good job though, great idea!

Yeah sorry about the ad, I'll be restyling it tomorrow.

It's blocking your search results is it?

• Advertisement

Tspoon wrote: »
    Yeah sorry about the ad, I'll be restyling it tomorrow.

It's blocking your search results is it?

I dunno what it's blocking, because it's blocking it :pac:

Don't worry about the ad, should be fine once it's not blocking anything, as i said thought, great idea, and well executed

Just had a quick check there, it shows up the first two or so ads and the others are blocked after that!

I dunno what it's blocking, because it's blocking it :pac:

Don't worry about the ad, should be fine once it's not blocking anything, as i said thought, great idea, and well executed

Just had a quick check there, it shows up the first two or so ads and the others are blocked after that!

Smart arse :P

Fixed up the side bar now so the ad shouldn't be blocking anything!

Let me know if you still have any issues!

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Saw this type of map when the game came out. The OP certainly didn't create this map

Saw this type of map when the game came out. The OP certainly didn't create this map

Obviously not, Rockstar created the map, the OP has put it on a website though, with the ability to add your own locations.

Very handy for the people of boards to help each other out.

I also made GTA V by myself! :pac:

The map image is Rockstar's (originally I had created my own, hand-drawn copy using vectors... painful work. But decided theirs was better) - but everything else I created. Tiled it, created the Google Maps, etc.

Most of the locations are user-added too! And there's a guy doing a great job updating them with info!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'd say prioritize the things that are not possible to track on the social club map like jumps, knife flights etc.

Will is be possible to track these on it , leave and come back to have completed ones still there etc???? Obviously by checking the ones done off yourself as you go?

Also fair play as even as it stands it serves as very useful!!!

calex71 wrote: »
    I'd say prioritize the things that are not possible to track on the social club map like jumps, knife flights etc.

Will is be possible to track these on it , leave and come back to have completed ones still there etc???? Obviously by checking the ones done off yourself as you go?

Also fair play as even as it stands it serves as very useful!!!

Nice idea! I'll have to implement a full user registration system and all that jazz, but as soon as I do it shouldn't be too hard to add that in!

The things I'll be working on over the next week or two are:
    - User Registration
    - Android app
    - Cleaning up locations, and adding more content

Nice idea! I'll have to implement a full user registration system and all that jazz, but as soon as I do it shouldn't be too hard to add that in!

The things I'll be working on over the next week or two are:
    - User Registration
    - Android app
    - Cleaning up locations, and adding more content

If you need a hand testing the Android one gimme a shout I'd be happy to help.

Hey,

Finally got the Android app released: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tspoon.gta5

Give me a shout if you have any thoughts/feedback!

I was going to add the Stunt Locations but when i choose 'Add Location', then Category, Stunt Locations cannot be selected, its greyed out.

johndoe99 wrote: »
    I was going to add the Stunt Locations but when i choose 'Add Location', then Category, Stunt Locations cannot be selected, its greyed out.

That's because all the collectable stunt locations have been added already. Unless you spotted on missing?

Just stops people duplicating markers.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭HomelessMidge

Hey,

Finally got the Android app released: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tspoon.gta5

Give me a shout if you have any thoughts/feedback!

Brilliant! Crashed on me once but other than that its perfect. Easy to use and extremely helpful. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Street View doesn't work :pac:

That's because all the collectable stunt locations have been added already. Unless you spotted on missing?

Just stops people duplicating markers.

i have the strategy guide, and finished the 50 tonight, i immediately noticed one of them missing in Vinewood Hills in Los Santos County.

I've just also noticed the icon at the top of the page that your using for Stunt Locations, i don't see any of them on the map (2nd row, 3rd icon, looks like a dirt-bike icon), are they not showing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭pah

Nice one, very handy. I reckon you could sort out their ifruit app :)

• Advertisement

johndoe99 wrote: »
    i have the strategy guide, and finished the 50 tonight, i immediately noticed one of them missing in Vinewood Hills in Los Santos County.

I've just also noticed the icon at the top of the page that your using for Stunt Locations, i don't see any of them on the map (2nd row, 3rd icon, looks like a dirt-bike icon), are they not showing.

Hey, I think you forgot to toggle the big switch on the left :pac:

I think I'll change that tonight - the collectibles have been added by admins so they shouldn't be still in the user-added section.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Keeps crashing during the loading sequence on my HTC One X running Android 4.2.2 :(

Liamalone wrote: »
    Keeps crashing during the loading sequence on my HTC One X running Android 4.2.2 :(

Hey, sorry about that. We did an update last night and added some more locations to the site, which temporarily broke the app. Grab the update and you should be fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Hey, sorry about that. We did an update last night and added some more locations to the site, which temporarily broke the app. Grab the update and you should be fine!

Good stuff, works now. Excellent job. Thanks

Just added location tracking! :pac:

You can sign up by clicking 'My Progress', then once you're registered, click the button again and see your progress.

You can mark selected locations, and clicking on a progress bar will show you the locations you have yet to find in that category.

Check out the '?' button for a more detailed guide.

Enjoy! :cool:

As always, any problems, give me a shout!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭pah

on the lhs menu spaceship is misspelled.

there is good detail on some online properties, name and price but others have no info at all.

great work btw - placed some markers down to find the best apt to buy online that suits me.
    location location location!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Good job on the map. One thing on the Android app, the flyout is mostly covered by a black panel, only leaving the bottom menu items. Annoyingly every time I take a screenshot it is correctly rendered (in the screenshot). Galaxy S2, Android 14/4.0.1 if it helps.

Good job on the map. One thing on the Android app, the flyout is mostly covered by a black panel, only leaving the bottom menu items. Annoyingly every time I take a screenshot it is correctly rendered (in the screenshot). Galaxy S2, Android 14/4.0.1 if it helps.

Hmm, my girlfriend's phone does the same thing for some reason. I think it's a bug in the actual Maps API. I'm gonna see if there's a workaround tonight. Until then, apparently opening and closing the menu a few times fixes it temporarily.

****ty fix I know, but nothing more I can do until I can look into it :/

Hmm, my girlfriend's phone does the same thing for some reason. I think it's a bug in the actual Maps API. I'm gonna see if there's a workaround tonight. Until then, apparently opening and closing the menu a few times fixes it temporarily.

****ty fix I know, but nothing more I can do until I can look into it :/

FIXED! Released an update today that should fix this issue. Turns out Google Maps doesn't play well when supporting older devices.

Also added a login feature so you can track your collectibles progress. It's possible that some bugs might arise, so post them here if you find them and I'll try patch them up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Sweet map. Do you work in GIS or is this just a hobby?

Advertisement