Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Crazy Ones [CBS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Callanutd

I will take a look tonight and let you know what I think

• Registered Users Posts: 11,775 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

the show itself wasn't that bad, although you probably tired of williams schtick, but it was one long mcdonalds ads, they claim mcdonald didn't pay them for it, but these no money changed hands deals don't mean its not an ad

this is good article on that http://www.vulture.com/2013/09/tv-review-the-crazy-ones.html

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Compak

Very much enjoyed it.

Robin Williams great without been OTT

Seen an American forum giving out about SMG saying she looks like crack addict now - still looked amazing to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Not feeling it, but I won't lie I'll probably tune in every week just to catch a glimpse of James Wolk's charming smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Callanutd

it was ok, I could see Robin Williams really wearing on me after a couple of episodes though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,480 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

DeWitt wrote: »
    Not feeling it, but I won't lie I'll probably tune in every week just to catch a glimpse of James Wolk's charming smile.

Me too :P but not crazy about this show

Trying to watch the pilot but sweet Jesus after less than two minutes on screen and already Williams has gone from somewhat annoying to all out irritating. He's been peddling the same shtick for over three decades and its never been anything other than irritating. The far superior Trust Me managed to integrate real world products in a way that was interesting and never felt in your face. Here the whole McDonalds thing felt like someone created the show simply to sell a few burgers. If there had been a few decent gags then you'd forgive the in your face product placement but sadly it was 22 minutes of poor word play and Williams pulling faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭squonk

Too early to say for me. Williams May get annoying, I was feeling some of that midway through the ep. SMG looks weird now, too made up or something. I wonder if every ep will rely on a guest celeb angle? I thought this was a bit or a ratings crutch for the show, I.e., stick a celeb in there and get extra ratings. I really enjoyed Kelly Clarkson though. Overall I liked the show but it still has to get into its stride and I haven't seen the latest ep just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I thought the pilot was a bit meh, but episode 2 was a great improvement... If it continues like that, they're on to a winner...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭OU812

Enjoyed this. Will give it a few more eps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Watched the two last night, it was ok, will take a bit longer to like it, as you think Williams is begging you to like him as he tries too hard to sell it! & will be tough on SMG as i didnt see her last show & first since Buffy, but thats why as it wasnt interesting enough.

The ratings i saw on IMDB were good at 14M v Michael J Fox 6M, probably because 2 & a Half Men & BBT & new show The Millers were in between!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Cant stand this show now, don't know if anyone else feels this way, Robin Williams is the only one pulling it & maybe stretching it too far, sorry SMG.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I still think it's great. Given a chance it could become one of the stronger sitcoms on the telly box.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I'm really enjoying it. Probably my favourite new comedy this year along with Brooklyn-Nine-Nine.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,480 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Marilu Henner has been cast as Paige, Sydney's mom

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Is this any good? i watched a few minutes of first episode and just didnt seem interesting nor funny.

Advertisement