Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junkie parents fed baby methadone like calpol before he died of an overdose

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

At least they weren't a monogamous gay couple

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

She woke up before 7 in the morning, and didn't check the little lad til half twelve that day?

Shooting the likes of them would honestly be a waste of a bullet.
    Rest in peace Jayden.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2153253/Drug-addict-parents-gave-23-month-old-son-methadone-like-Calpol-died-overdose.html

Christ I feel so angry after reading this, why these Junkies allowed to have custody of their son? At the very least they should have been heavily monitored, regular spot checks and unannounced medical exams on the kid. This little lad is dead because we in the UK and Ireland seem to be far too slow to remove children from their parents, in particular, their mothers care.

WTF has this got to do with Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Lumbo wrote: »

Take a walk around Thomas street

• Registered Users Posts: 18,090 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Spunge wrote: »

Wtf kind of post is this, posts like this make me wish an unlike button existed here. Not fcuking funny.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭RayCon

Sad fcukin world sometimes ....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 irishcloud

thedailymail ????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Take a walk around Thomas street

Or talk to somebody who works in a Dublin hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

While this particular case has nothing to do with Ireland, cases like this where children have been abused, neglected often are just becoming more and more prevalent. We have had a number of similar cases, but not nearly as many. I personally believe that it's only a matter of time before we start seeing more and more of these cases in Ireland. I have no proof of this, only my own personal opinion which is based the amount of feckless mothers I know of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Wtf kind of post is this, posts like this make me wish an unlike button existed here. Not fcuking funny.:mad:

Its called sarcasm.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Ah sure, we'll just leave the children with their drug addicted parents and let the UK do what ever they want so!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,251 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

OK, you've just killed your child & posting on Facebook is a top a priority?

Poor lil fella never stood a chance :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

Why are the UK handing out methadone to be consumed at home, or is this just daily mail nonsense?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭lahalane

I found it funny so even if there were an unlike button I'd have cancelled yours out with my like. :D

I'm curious as to what Green meant when she shouted 'You're wrong' at the judge :confused:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Jailing Green, The Honourable Mr Justice Parker told him: 'There were times when Jayden's needs were simply too much for you. Jayden had to be pacified, quickly and efficiently.

'The answer was to feed him a dribble of methadone to send him peacefully to sleep so that you could have the rest and tranquillity that you wanted.

'Jayden was crying and miserable, he simply would not settle down. You reverted to the remedy that had, on other occasions, been the quick solution.

'Only you know whether the methadone was fed in one amount or had been drip fed over a period of time that day to the point where Jayden's small body could no longer give resistance and he died.

'You will suffer a prolonged anguish larger than any prison sentence could impose for what you did to Jayden.'

Is it just me or does the judge sound like he thinks they did nothing wrong. He makes it seem like it was an honest mistake and that he isn't really to blame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    This little lad is dead because we in the UK and Ireland seem to be far too slow to remove children from their parents, in particular, their mothers care.
    No, he's dead because his parents neglected him. There's no "we" about it. I agree there seem to be serious issues with the structure of the child protection system and its processes, but individuals not working within it can't be blamed for that. Even individuals working within it can't be blamed either.
    Itzy wrote: »
    Ah sure, we'll just leave the children with their drug addicted parents and let the UK do what ever they want so!
    Nobody even slightly implied that. What is it that you're doing to save abused/neglected children?

If anyone thinks a child is in danger they should do what they can, and keep doing what they can, but unfortunately they don't have the same authorities as the child protection system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Is it just me or does the judge sound like he thinks they did nothing wrong. He makes it seem like it was an honest mistake and that he isn't really to blame.

He sounds objective enough to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Why are the UK handing out methadone to be consumed at home, or is this just daily mail nonsense?

The methadone would have been medically prescribed. Either the parents were either going through a detox programme or they got it through illicit means...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

The judge also addressed Britton as he jailed her for four years, saying: 'You were his mother and you knew what was happening. You did nothing.
    'You were a loving and devoted mother and you will have a prolonged anguish for failing to protect your small boy.'

me hole

• Registered Users Posts: 10,251 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

wprathead wrote: »
    me hole

I take it you vehemently disagree?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Baby should have been taken of them the second he was born!

Absolute disgrace 2 mindless junkies being able to have kids!

A good beating to the miserable end would be to good for them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

Two junkies who shouldn't have been allowed have a goldfish never mind a kid. Pair of 'em should have their hands cable tied behind their backs and plastic bags tied around their heads.

It's common enough...they get their prescription for,say 1000 mls and that's supposed to last them the week or whatever. In Ireland it's called 'take aways' and you can only get it if you're giving clean urine samples for a certain amount of time.
    Of course many addicts sell some of their methodone and use the money to buy heroin or benzos.

It's common enough...they get their prescription for,say 1000 mls and that's supposed to last them the week or whatever. In Ireland it's called 'take aways' and you can only get it if you're giving clean urine samples for a certain amount of time.
    Of course many addicts sell some of their methodone and use the money to buy heroin or benzos.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Spunge wrote: »
    Seriously, is there any point to this statement other than shameless thanks-whoring?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

It's like that scene from Trainspotting. That was heartbreaking to watch but at least you knew it was just a movie. What a waste of the poor child's life :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭carol clery

sterilisation

/thread

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

This breaks my heart.. poor little man! RIP

Solitary confinement in a prison to clean them out is what's needed.. no access to other inmates and no chance of drugs getting to them.. So the reality of what they've done can really eat away at them, every day for the rest of their sad lives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

sterilisation

/thread
    But we can't breach their human rights! They probably had a bad childhood themselves and couldn't break the cycle. They deserve our pity and understanding, not judgement. Deep down they are loving parents blah blah blah

• Advertisement

Child murderers are dealt with savagely in UK prisons..proper order too.

Hopefully the other inmates will avenge the child's life.

Advertisement