Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fish Kill on the Tolka

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

on the wildlife side its no hearsay,I witness it regularly.toxic waste?as i said.it was a guess on my part.how can you 'pretty much' assure me about emissions? or is that just a guess on your part?

I never mentioned the wildlife bit. I can assure you with 99.9% certainty based on my work which I cant really expand on as I would rather remain anonymous. You don't know me so you can take or leave that. But for what its worth emissions from Damastown are highly controlled and very frequently monitored.

the 0.1% is because accidents happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

tin79 wrote: »
    I never mentioned the wildlife bit. I can assure you with 99.9% certainty based on my work which I cant really expand on as I would rather remain anonymous. You don't know me so you can take or leave that. But for what its worth emissions from Damastown are highly controlled and very frequently monitored.

Tin97 i have all fate in your great belief in mankind and that the regulations, laws and rules we set apon ourselves... But the sad reality is when you get an accumulation of people, industries, houses etc..... YOU WILL GET POLLUTION..

Industry will always pollute its just when and how and if they are caught...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

accidents happen.

danbrosnan wrote: »
    Tin97 i have all fate in your great belief in mankind and that the regulations, laws and rules we set apon ourselves... But the sad reality is when you get an accumulation of people, industries, houses etc..... YOU WILL GET POLLUTION..

Industry will always pollute its just when and how and if they are caught

If you say so.

I don't actually have any fate in mankind and I am not speaking for Ireland as a whole. I am specifically talking about Damastown and I do this from personal experience.

Industrial pollution is actually vastly in the minority in Ireland. Agri and domestic diffuse make up a huge majority. Local authority would be higher than private industry also.

accidents happen.

They can happen alright but the EPA programme for Damastown is very tight based on the nature of the facilities there and the regulations they adhere to.

Please link me to any verified toxic waste leak from Damastown that you can find on the net.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

They can happen alright but the EPA programme for Damastown is very tight based on the nature of the facilities there and the regulations they adhere to.

Please link me to any verified toxic waste leak from Damastown that you can find on the net.

if there was a toxic leak they wouldn't be to keen to let people know about it id figure.but the part about agri waste is spot on,much more frequent and damaging.horses are in abundance all through that stretch,but they have been for years with little or no effect.

if there was a toxic leak they wouldn't be to keen to let people know about it id figure.but the part about agri waste is spot on,much more frequent and damaging.horses are in abundance all through that stretch,but they have been for years with little or no effect.

They would have no choice in letting people know. The whole estate is EPA monitored. EPA are independent and would report the data. Anyway I give up at this point. You can figure whatever you want.

Advertisement