Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 Eurogamer Expo

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

After playing Dark Souls 2 the last day and talking to a few in the queue regarding Dark Souls I decided to start it up today since I finished GTA.

Looking back, Dark Souls 2 was a lot cleaner looking. So much so that I'm beginning to wonder if it was on a good PC as opposed to a PS3 or close to PS3 spec.

If they can pull that off with a consistent frame rate I'll be amazed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

tok9 wrote: »
    After playing Dark Souls 2 the last day and talking to a few in the queue regarding Dark Souls I decided to start it up today since I finished GTA.

Looking back, Dark Souls 2 was a lot cleaner looking. So much so that I'm beginning to wonder if it was on a good PC as opposed to a PS3 or close to PS3 spec.

If they can pull that off with a consistent frame rate I'll be amazed.

I thought the very same thing man. Even went as far as asking staff if it was running on PC because it looked far more smooth than I thought possible for a souls game on PS3. They maintained it was PS3, so either they're fibbing (which they have little reason to do) or it was in fact PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I thought the very same thing man. Even went as far as asking staff if it was running on PC because it looked far more smooth than I thought possible for a souls game on PS3. They maintained it was PS3, so either they're fibbing (which they have little reason to do) or it was in fact PS3.

That's seriously great news if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

They maintained it was PS3, so either they're fibbing (which they have little reason to do) or it was in fact PS3.

They have all the reason to.

'Hey this looks great! BUY IT!'

Get home, start it up. Sh*te....

Either PC or heavy modified PS3s i reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Loved both new controllers, but the guys are spot on when they say the bumper buttons on the Xbox One controller are off.

In what way? That might be just a personal taste thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Taylor365 wrote: »

TBH after seeing GTAV running on a PS3, I am more than willing to believe that DSII is running on a regular PS3 too. Developers have always been able to get more out of a console towards the end of its life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Otacon wrote: »
    TBH after seeing GTAV running on a PS3, I am more than willing to believe that DSII is running on a regular PS3 too. Developers have always been able to get more out of a console towards the end of its life.
    Again when it was showcased there was zero pop-ups and an incredible draw distance which i hear isn't as great in the release.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Taylor365 wrote: »

The reason I said they had little reason to lie is that a number of games were running on PC, but played with Xbox/PS4 controllers. Staff were open about this fact, nothing was hidden. Not sure why DS II would be any different?

Also, nobody is buying Dark Souls II because it looks great. ;)

Advertisement