Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power2Max Power Meters

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

cormpat wrote: »
    To be honest, I've no idea & it's not a fixie; Sram Force groupset on the bike.

When I pedal, it displays cadence. How accurate that measure is could be a different story though...

PT hub measures cadence quite accurately using peaks in force applied to calculate it. Matched up quite nicely when I tested it against an actual cadence sensor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Got the power2max and put it on the bike last night. Noticed that my Edge 705 is not picking up the cadence from it. I know the 705 would probably be used with a specific cadence sensor but in the absence of one I thought it would use the power2max ant+ value.

Anybody know if later garmin devices can read the cadence from it ?

Firmware update sorted it all out and provided extra fields. Was running with the firmware originally on the device which was bought early 09.

Advertisement