Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mom [CBS]

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Mom restarts in the USA on 27 October. Some spoilerish stunt casting news here:
    Chris Pratt - Anna Farris' husband - appears later in the season, while Bradley Whitford - who played opposite Allison Janney in *The West Wing* - pops up in the first episode as a drunken movie director & friend of Bonnie's boyfriend Adam (William Fichtner)

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Wow the latest Episode (S04E09) was a lot of fun,  Bradley Whitford was as usually excellent, that whole Episode showed how much our main characters have grown.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,342 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Season 4 is on late nights Tuesdays on RTE 2

Season 5 started in the USA last Thursday.
    Some things are actually going well for the main characters ... which has me worried something's going to go horribly wrong for them, if the past is any guide.

Oh, and if anyone's wondering why Jill (Jaime Pressley) looks like that, it's for the same reason Daphne Moon put on weight during Frasier: Jaime gave birth to twins last week. :pac:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

CBS has renewed for a 6th season

• Advertisement

Season 6 is nearly halfway through, and negotiations are apparently under way for Season 7. According to Deadline, Anna Faris and Allison Janney are trying to negotiate salary increases. I expect that Janney's Golden Globe and Oscar wins in the last year have boosted her clout a bit, on top of the six Emmys she already had - two for this part. The show is already CBS's #3 comedy show, and The Big Bang Theory is on its final season.

I was hoping one of the terrestrial channels here would pick up this season, but I guess not, so I'm catching up on this season by other means. Kristen Johnson (Third Rock from the Sun) is guesting for a multi-episode story arc. Three episodes in, still liking it a lot. :p

Renewed for seasons 7 and 8 by CBS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Great show. Consistently good every season.

Season 7 just started on CBS and your usual outlets. Pretty good, though I am wondering whether we will ever see Christy's children again ..! The last time we saw Violet, it did not go well at all.

There seems to a trend with Chuck Lorre shows, recently, to emphasise the ensemble cast side alongside the stars. It might be down to the success of The Big Bang Theory, which was able to expand from three to seven people. Young Sheldon is doing it, with the whole family now in the opening credits, not just Sheldon. Now Mom is doing it, the ensemble expanded from two to six. I’m still not on board with Tammy (Kristen Johnson): I get that she’s a Loud character, but she’s Very Loud. :eek:

I get the impression that this show doesn’t have too much longer to go, given the progress that the characters have made in their lives. Allison Janney is even more of an in-demand star than she was when this started, having added a couple more Emmys (for this role) as well as an Oscar to her trophy cabinet. If it follows the Hollywood convention, getting Christy’s kids back in her life will be the endgame, but then Chuck Lorre hasn’t always followed Hollywood conventions in his shows.

• Advertisement

Anna Faris is leaving

That is weird. In the first season the show had three generations of Moms, then two, then one, and now none. I think S8 will be the final season. More details here on Deadline.

Mom to End With Season 8 at CBS

552968.png

Advertisement