Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what's on everyone's Winter wishlist?

Options
  • 21-09-2013 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭

It's that lovely time of year for gamers when big new releases aplenty are looming, the evenings are getting shorter and Winter is coming, prime gaming time. GTA will keep me going for another while and this year COD doesn't interest me all that much so Battlfield 4 will be getting my monies. I won't be making the next gen jump for a while yet so no PS4 or Xbone for me yet.

Aside from that:
    Watch Dogs: looks interesting.
    Assassin's Creed Black Flag: Ubisoft are milking the series at this rate but, pirates.
    Lego Marvel SuperHeros: Looks like great fun :pac:
    Arkham Origins: looks like more of the same so will wait for reviews, only replayed the previous two recently so might wait until new year sales.
    I'll pick up Rayman Legends when it drops a well, the demo is great fun.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,927 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hibernating until March when Dark Souls 2 is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SmurfX

If I'm not totally exhausted from FE:Awakening / The Last of us / Pokemon / GTA V / Tales of Xillia / Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix / FIFA 14 from the months leading up to it I'll probably get a PS4, Watch Dogs and Beyond.

I'm feeling a little less interested in Arkham Origins than I was in the previous two, think the series has run its course and they're not really showing the new ideas to justify all these sequels.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

SmurfX wrote: »

I'm feeling a little less interested in Arkham Origins than I was in the previous two, think the series has run its course and they're not really showing the new ideas to justify all these sequels.

Same, I like the other two, prefer Asylum though. but a few new gadgets and being a prequel won't cut it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,735 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

XCOM:Enemy Within
    Starbound
    Terraria 1.2 update (1st oct.)

not much else interesting in the pipeline for christmas for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

I thought the dev had stopped supporting it? Great news all the same ,great little game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Well i am pushing for next gen, mainly because i love new tech :)

So for now its
    xbox one
    watchdogs
    fifa14 on next gen
    and probably battlefield 4

would of preferred a few different type of games like, dying light,dark souls 2 or even the evil within but their not out until next year :(

still waiting on my gta 5 game though :( at this rate i wont get it until winter :L haha

• Registered Users Posts: 10,735 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

returnNull wrote: »
    I thought the dev had stopped supporting it? Great news all the same ,great little game.

I thought that for a long time, but there's a planned update, 1.2 for oct 1st.
    Looks pretty decent too. can finally walk up one block tiles, instead of getting stuck on them, plus about a bazillion other fixes and new stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

XCOM:Enemy Within
    Starbound

not much else interesting in the pipeline for christmas for me.

Yup, all this is the main things I am looking forward this season game wise. Already got gta 5, which surprisingly keeps me in front of a console then any other game in the last few years.

I got ps4 preordered with knack and killzone, but I am not really looking forward as mush to a games themselves as I am looking forward towards New hardware itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

The only game I care about is the sequel to the greatest game of all time A Link to the Past. I might even get the A Link Between Worlds bundle even though I have a 3DS XL already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Watch Dogs is probably the only game that has me interested at the moment. I loved the batman games but origin hasn't excited me that much. Truthfully I have games in backlog that I don't ever need to worry about getting bored. I just got bastion and Mark of the ninja these weekend alone (thanks boardsies:) ) do I don't think I need to worry between now and watch dogs all that much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Watchdogs for sure, assassins creed black flag and Arkham origins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Some of the games i am planning to pick up but i think majority of them will have to wait till 2014

Rayman Legends: Orgins was amazing , legends looks better in everyway

Sonic lost world: Looking as if the best 3d sonic game , cannot wait for this :D

Zone of the enders hd collection: Have not yet played this game from Master Kojima , kicking myself not picking it up awhile back for 20 euros new in gamestop

Bioshock Infinite: Held off for a price drop , it will make a great xmas present :D

Tomb Raider : I was sceptical over the idea of a reboot but the game received critical acclaim and still eager to give it a go still.

Metal Gear Rising : held off hearing the game was only 4 hours long but i a, dying to play it.

Deadly Preminition: Heard the story is very interesting , always up for a great story :D

Wind Waker Hd :Kind of getting burnt from the zelda series right now , this might be the last one i play for awhile at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Only looking forward to Zelda: a link between worlds & Pokemon X & Y. I am interested in Batman Arkham Origins but am going to wait to see if its a cash in with Multiplayer nobody asked for. My interest in FIFA, Watch_Dogs & Assassins Creed IV is pretty low as I have no money or interest in Next Gen at present & the current gen ones seem to be getting little love.

Tomb Raider : I was sceptical over the idea of a reboot but the game received critical acclaim and still eager to give it a go still.
    Only finished it yesterday,well worth ago.

only games Im really looking forward to are dark souls 2 and Titanfall.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

All I would like is for the Steam sale to leave me some dignity. That can't be hard, right? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

entropi wrote: »
    All I would like is for the Steam sale to leave me some dignity. That can't be hard, right? :(

I hope you have a big bank account :pac: I hate steam sales, cause I spend far to much money on games compared to when their is no sale at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Pokemon x and y for me and the girlfriend. Will have hopefully finished diamond by then. Other than that Im still working through my backlog. Wouldnt mind but PS+, humble bundle, steam sales gives me more games than I can catch up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

I've never owned a Nintendo console before (I know I know) and for some reason I really want to try Pokemon + Zelda so I'm thinking of getting a 3DS XL. The problem is I've used my Vita a handful of times since I got it which is putting me off.

I might try find someone who would be interested in some kind of swap maybe as I can't really justify spending money on the XL atm! Other than that I just can't wait for Dark Souls 2.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Big Knox wrote: »
    I've never owned a Nintendo console before (I know I know) and for some reason I really want to try Pokemon + Zelda so I'm thinking of getting a 3DS XL. The problem is I've used my Vita a handful of times since I got it which is putting me off.

Although Pokemon's a handheld excursion, might I suggest getting a pre-owned Wii? It's about 80 quid and you'll likely find one with at least one Zelda game with it. The Wii can play Gamecube games, so you could get GC's Windwaker special edition (which comes with N64's Ocarina of Time), in addition to Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. Boom! Such large games I'd recommend on the sofa as opposed to travelling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Although Pokemon's a handheld excursion, might I suggest getting a pre-owned Wii? It's about 80 quid and you'll likely find one with at least one Zelda game with it. The Wii can play Gamecube games, so you could get GC's Windwaker special edition (which comes with N64's Ocarina of Time), in addition to Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. Boom! Such large games I'd recommend on the sofa as opposed to travelling.

It's worth having a Wii purely for the backwards compatibility, did they drop that from the Wii-U? haven't kept up much with it tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

krudler wrote: »
    It's worth having a Wii purely for the backwards compatibility, did they drop that from the Wii-U? haven't kept up much with it tbh

You can play Wii games on the WiiU but not Gamecube ones.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,927 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Be careful what version of the Wii you get. Later ones dropped the Gamecube backwards compatibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Nothing much to be honest. Lots of games being released that i do wanna play but ill wait it out for cheaper prices since i still have loads to play at the moment.

The next day one buys will be Dark Souls 2 and X-Com: Enemy Unknown

• Registered Users Posts: 11,936 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Watch Dogs, I'll wait and see on AC: Black Flag as AC3 was disappointing. I'll probably get Rome 2: Total War sometime aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

titan18 wrote: »
    I'll probably get Rome 2: Total War sometime aswell

Hang thought on that one, patches are improving it but its still not great Will probably make for a good steam sale purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Watch_dogs for PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭OriginV

Watch dogs & Battlefield 4 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm looking forward to getting the PS4 in November and playing Killzone and Assassin's Creed IV on that.

I've still got GTA V to look forward to and who knows maybe Konami will get around to fixing the PES 2014 servers so there could be some online games to play on that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

There's nothing new coming out that I want right away so I'm just hoping to get a few bits off my wishlist in the Christmas sale like Castle of Illusion, Gone Home and Lords of Shadow. That would make me happy enough.

Advertisement