Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Stock Markets

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hareton wrote: »
    On my first assanation mission I made 700k+ profit on Michael from the stock market. 150k + on Franklin and Trevor. A lot of money to be made if you play it right

I'll be doing that anyway for the next one that pops up anyway, make sure everyone invests in the rival company.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

so with the assisinations, i did my 2nd one where i had to kill
    jurors for redwood
    and lester said Deb cigarettes stock would rise after it so I put 15k into it. It has risen but should I wait a certain amount of time before selling? Also, when I was given the mission, I had 5 minutes to do it, no way had time to change to mike and trevor to invest as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

sheehy83 wrote: »
    jurors for redwood
    and lester said Deb cigarettes stock would rise after it so I put 15k into it. It has risen but should I wait a certain amount of time before selling? Also, when I was given the mission, I had 5 minutes to do it, no way had time to change to mike and trevor to invest as well.
    You could change person, buy the stock and then let yourself fail, giving you plenty of time to do it again when you replay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Hareton

sheehy83 wrote: »
    jurors for redwood

It can take nearly 20 mins for stock prices to rise fully. The seem to top out up in the 80% range

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hareton wrote: »
    It can take nearly 20 mins for stock prices to rise fully. The seem to top out up in the 80% range

Cool, mine went to about 80% alright, must cash in and look up the next assassination so I can invest early.

• Advertisement

Ya I sold my shares after the 2nd assassination when they got to nearly 70% ^ good idea on getting in early actually. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

It's not always the case but investing in the company who share price you lowered when the bottom out is also good.

I've invested in LifeInvader but theres been no upward movement so far in its price.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I've invested in LifeInvader but theres been no upward movement so far in its price.

I think everyone has!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

On one of the random events, someones bike got robbed so I got it back for him but got nothing back for it, stingy ba**ard i thought :P Two days later I get a text off him saying hes a really rich man who owns a organic pet food company and gave me 100,000 dollars worth of shares in it haha :D Havent risen one bit, theyve just went down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    On one of the random events, someones bike got robbed so I got it back for him but got nothing back for it, stingy ba**ard i thought :P Two days later I get a text off him saying hes a really rich man who owns a organic pet food company and gave me 100,000 dollars worth of shares in it haha :D Havent risen one bit, theyve just went down.

Push bike or motor bike? I got both today, push bike got stuck so I couldn't get it back, motor bike got away when I went off the overpass trying to weave in and out of cars too quickly :pac:

Getting tired of trying to play the stocks.

I invested in Lotter beer (LCN) and then proceed to blow up a lot of their competition, nothing much happened to the price and now it's falling to a new record low; I can't actually afford to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

None of my stock purchases seem to be rewarding either - very strange

• Registered Users Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Push bike or motor bike? I got both today, push bike got stuck so I couldn't get it back, motor bike got away when I went off the overpass trying to weave in and out of cars too quickly :pac:
    Push bike :p
    Loving the random events, walked into suburban yesterday and it was getting held up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Varik wrote: »
    Getting tired of trying to play the stocks.

I invested in Lotter beer (LCN) and then proceed to blow up a lot of their competition, nothing much happened to the price and now it's falling to a new record low; I can't actually afford to sell.

I thought when it comes to the likes of car companies, it's better to blow up your own cars so people get insurance money and buy more of them?

Haven't tried it yet, but I definitely remember hearing something along the lines of that.

Also, it may be a good idea to finish the story before trying the assassination missions, so you have plenty of money to invest.

Jamez735 wrote: »
    I thought when it comes to the likes of car companies, it's better to blow up your own cars so people get insurance money and buy more of them?

Haven't tried it yet, but I definitely remember hearing something along the lines of that.

Also, it may be a good idea to finish the story before trying the assassination missions, so you have plenty of money to invest.

For cars it's meant to be but for other companies the common idea is to blow up the competition, I might try it the other way soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

I'm gonna do a test later. I'm gonna invest in the taco company and the blow up all the trucks for clucking bell to see how it affects the stock prices

I'm after doing a random event where a guy gave me a stock tip - for the BAWSAQ market which is supposedly independent of in game events!

Are Rockstar controlling both markets now?

Strangely enough, the BAWSAQ seems to be down at the moment too.

Ugh BAWSAQ is officially down so I can't make a profit on the first assassination mission, and it won't let me do the 3rd heist until I've finished the assassinations! :(

However, once it's up and running again, ...given that loads of people will be receiving the same stock tips from random events, and the same companies stocks will rise from assassinations, that means that
    beta pharmaceuticals and Tinkle Telecom
    as well as a few others will constantly be rising because everyone will be doing assassinations.

I think Rockstar have realised their mistake of putting stocks affected by in game events on the BAWSAQ instead of LCN, and that's why it's down. It doesn't make sense that
    beta pharmaceuticals and Tinkle Telecom
    are on the BAWSAQ.

Not sure about ammunation too, they don't have any competition so their stock should never go down given that it's on the BAWSAQ and not LCN because players will always be buying ammo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

BAWSAQ is back up now. Shares for Betta Pharm are 209 approx for me ... cant remember what I bought them at though.. not sure if I should sell or not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭Glico Man

It's back up, but from my own screen, everything has gone up 100% :/

I cant remember how much I invested... all I know is the shares are worth 500k now for Michael. Sell or keep?

aaronh007 wrote: »
    It's back up, but from my own screen, everything has gone up 100% :/

thats strange, still down for me :(

Wait nevermind, got signed out in the last 20 mins and never noticed!

Actually nope, still down,

Signed back into PSN and presumed that would fix it, nope!

thats strange, still down for me :(

Down for me again. Probably everyone logging onto it at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Managed to make some moolah off Betta Pharm. for the first Lester assassination mission. Despite the market saying everything was up 100%, buy shares reverted it back to its normal % and then shot up to about 78%.

I'm going to hold off the rest of them, if possible, until I finish the game again. That was my original plan, until I was forced to put a heist on hold until I finished that mission.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Managed to make some moolah off Betta Pharm. for the first Lester assassination mission. Despite the market saying everything was up 100%, buy shares reverted it back to its normal % and then shot up to about 78%.

I'm going to hold off the rest of them, if possible, until I finish the game again. That was my original plan, until I was forced to put a heist on hold until I finished that mission.

Me too, just finished the assassination now, put everything I had into Betta Pharm, and its skyrocketing now! :D

When should I sell? I have to switch characters, so that will take extra time as well, and I dont wanna lose cash

Me too, just finished the assassination now, put everything I had into Betta Pharm, and its skyrocketing now! :D

When should I sell, I have to switch characters too, so that will take extra time as well, and I dont wanna lose cash

What share price is betta pharm at on yours? Mine is 209

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    What share price is betta pharm at on yours? Mine is 290 ish

332, keep going!

thats very strange considering the share prices are supposed to be the same for all of us, given that its player controlled unlike LCN

• Advertisement

332, keep going!

Mine seems to be stuck at 209 though... I'll keep an eye on it. :pac:

Advertisement