Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

north county dublin photowalk?

Options
  • 16-09-2013 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭

was chatting to superflyninja, and thought we might try and organise a photowalk in north county dublin some time. i know there's a few of you floating about the area, so instead of the same ol TOWN stuff, why not head up north and catch a sunset in skerries, or baldungan castle.. or balbriggan martello tower on the beach etc etc.. or maybe just a casual walk through swords some evening?

thoughts? (and potential evenings that would suit mostly everyone!?)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

yup colour me interested indeed. Northsiders out with camera equipment?? Be sure to secure all valuables very,very carefully.... ;p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I like the sound of that too - if it could be on a public transport route/DART all the better I guess.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

What about St. Annes. And the Bull Island? Howth?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Cork_girl wrote: »
    I like the sound of that too - if it could be on a public transport route/DART all the better I guess.. :)
    I'm happy to give 4 others a lift from and back to the city centre if the planned walk turns out to be a bit off the beaten (train)track(s).

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

OldGoat wrote: »
    I'm happy to give 4 others a lift from and back to the city centre if the planned walk turns out to be a bit off the beaten (train)track(s).

That would be great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

you can organise one of those if you like, but this is for the more north county, outside the m50 :D

i don't get into town much because there's no public transport where i am, and parking is a nightmare.

there is a train to lusk/skerries/balbriggan (& parking for me!) if anyone needs public transport.

what evenings suit most? (so we could nail down a date)

St Annes and Howth(They still count as north!) are great spots(I live very close).In my hard drive crash I lost almost all my St Annes shots. Id be on for those as well or further north. My evenings with the two little ones can be a little unpredictable so it would be easier for me to react to suggested dates or else arrange to be available!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭cyberspider

I would be up for this as well and could give 3 people a lift from city center or elsewhere enroute.

Skerries might be a great spot, we could start on the Pier then round to the rocks looking out to the islands, catch the sunset and lastly head out to Baldongan Castle for light painting/steel wool antics.

Sunset is around 7:30 these days so it may be difficult to squeeze in alot on a weeknight. It is about an hour drive from the city center in rush hour. So perhaps a weekend afternoon. This weekend is good for me if it is not too short notice for people.

what evenings suit most? (so we could nail down a date)
    From past experience trying to get a consensus on a date is like herding cats. Just pick a date that suits you and see who follows. :)

Oh, also up for a St.Annes walk if one happens.

A weekend is a little harder for me - would like it to be a week night as weekends are choc-a-block (don't think I've written that word down before..)!

Time wise, we'd want to be meeting at about 6.30pm at location - so that we have time prior to the sunset?

Leaving city centre at 5.30pm? Is that feasible for everyone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭kevc2

I'd be up for that too, date permitting.

oooh steel wool in front of a castle! nice!

oooh steel wool in front of a castle! nice!

Not just any castle but a Knights Templar castle with a creepy graveyard outside. Great place for Steel wool as there are three walls left of the castle with the turret behind. Quick google shows this example
    6715345067_656cd2e824_z.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/elaine10/6715345067/
    As for a weekday, should be ok to get there for 6:30 is you leave town by 5:30. Weekday is also better for me to be honest.

Looks great. Are there swans?

Knights Templar eh...I must research this a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

I`d be interested too. Living in Rush and drive so could collect people from train stations, give a lift to Baldungan if that is one of the places visited.

A few of us were up there a few weeks back with some steel wool:

9570084341_90145a1e18_c.jpg
    Baldungan Church Light Painting by adox66, on Flickr

any evening suits me, so how about we keep an eye on the weather, and then maybe "on the day" whoever wants to come, can come? getting to skerries about 7pm is grand at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭megapixel

Count me in as well.

That all sounds good to me- so I propose the following dates - pick one please!

Wed. 25th
    Thurs. 26th
    Mon. 30th

I vote for next Wednesday (25th) :)

Cork_girl wrote: »
    I vote for next Wednesday (25th) :)

wednesday is good for me

Tentative 'Yay' for me.

M.T.Cranium over in the Wether Forum gives next week a thumbs up.
    SUNDAY and into NEXT WEEK ... Another 2013 warm spell !! This may not prove to be the best summer / early autumn ever, but it has provided its share of fine weather and another pleasant spell is foreseen for part if not all of next week. Highs could reach the lower 20s inland. Extensive fog and coastal low cloud may accompany this spell due to light or even calm winds under high pressure.
    and the Ephemeris tells me that sunset in Loughshinney is 19:15, blue hour till 21:13.

• Advertisement

wednesday should be good for me too.where would we be meeting? i dont know the area at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

I'll join in for next Wednesday.

@cork_girl: I can give you a lift from home / office it you like...

xia wrote: »
    I'll join in for next Wednesday.

@cork_girl: I can give you a lift from home / office it you like...

That would be brilliant :) A catch up and a photowalk!

i suppose we could meet at the carpark (the green section)
    http://goo.gl/maps/xDoRn

• Registered Users Posts: 22,766 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Guys - Feel free to post a link in Dublin County North forum. There are a few locals that may wish to hook up.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

I should be good for next Wednesday too.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CorsendonkX

Not just any castle but a Knights Templar castle with a creepy graveyard outside. Great place for Steel wool as there are three walls left of the castle with the turret behind. Quick google shows this example
    6715345067_656cd2e824_z.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/elaine10/6715345067/
    As for a weekday, should be ok to get there for 6:30 is you leave town by 5:30. Weekday is also better for me to be honest.

You do know that's the Church? The last of the castle was torn down 40-50 years ago.

BalduncanCastChurchDub.jpg.jpg

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I'd love to come along to this if that's ok - keep me posted! :)

You do know that's the Church? The last of the castle was torn down 40-50 years ago.

Thanks CorsendonkX I did not know that at all.

Wednesday is also good for me. If anyone needs a lift out from the city center, I have space in the car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CorsendonkX

Thanks CorsendonkX I did not know that at all.

Wednesday is also good for me. If anyone needs a lift out from the city center, I have space in the car.

Well it confuses people all the time and it wasn't helped when someone(FCC?) decided to put a plaque with "Baldungan Castle" on the gate entrance in recent years.

Advertisement