Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest store to buy GTA V?

Options
  • 16-09-2013 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

I did not pre order it and I am wondering are any places like Tesco or Supervalue doing any deals?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

€55 in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

remember getting one of the call of dutys in Tesco on midnight release and they sold the game really cheap, around the €45 euro, then the next day they had it brought back up to €55.

so might be worth while going to the midnight release in tesco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭DavidMelv

I really doubt my towns Tesco will have a midnight release

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

DavidMelv wrote: »
    I really doubt my towns Tesco will have a midnight release

Only if its a 24hr Tesco....

My local one closes at 12, even though GameStop opposite will be open for it, so I'll have to head nearest 24hr Tesco to me....

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Fieldog wrote: »
    Only if its a 24hr Tesco....

My local one closes at 12, even though GameStop opposite will be open for it, so I'll have to head nearest 24hr Tesco to me....

Tesco near me closes at 10 and they're doing a midnight opening.

• Advertisement

Tesco near me closes at 10 and they're doing a midnight opening.

Never checked my local one, Millfield Balbriggan, used to be 24hr but they had to stop 24hr opening due to lack of security apparently and now shut at 12....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

The radio advert for this game just now said... midnight sale at selected tesco stores, so i assume not all tesco stores.

Any way of finding out what stores?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Any way of finding out what stores?

Maybe giving tesco a call might work as they should know more info as i can't find a list of tesco stores in Ireland that will be selling it at 12 midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Fieldog wrote: »
    Never checked my local one, Millfield Balbriggan, used to be 24hr but they had to stop 24hr opening due to lack of security apparently and now shut at 12....

Milfield are launching it at open tomorrow, 6am.

• Advertisement

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Milfield are launching it at open tomorrow, 6am.

Drogheda at 12 tonight it is so!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

any idea of the pricing in tesco for this
    Edit: sorry meant to ask is there a confirmed price, some saying 45, some saying 55.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    any idea of the pricing in tesco for this
    Edit: sorry meant to ask is there a confirmed price, some saying 45, some saying 55.

Milfield tesco said €55 to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Maddylicious

I called tesco today and the guy on the phone didn't have a clue.. After placing me on hold for a few mins he came back and said €54? Not €54.99 but €54 which is a bit random.

I called my local Supervalu and they wouldn't even tell me if they were selling it. They said they're not allowed to advertise when they are selling games as they normally sell them at such a reduced price.. Might be worth checking out in the morning!

Think ill head to tescos in Tallaght at midnight & if they have a midnight sale price of €45 ill get it. If its €55 I think ill hold off until the morning and check out SV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Back in February, when the game was originally due out in April, I had a preview of major upcoming Supervalu offers and GTA5 was going to be on offer for €39.99. No word since Rockstar delayed the date. It might come up down the line closer to Christmas (SV tend to sell the biggest games e.g COD, Assassins Creed).

No such Supervalu offer on GTA at launch day I'm afraid.
    Source: I work there.

When will they be selling it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

So people where is the cheapest place you picked it up ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 carrigy

got mine in tesco longford for 55 euro

Got mine in Tesco mitchelstown for €49 I got shopping too fella scanned a coupon for me giving me a fiver off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 carrigy

Got mine in Tesco mitchelstown for €49 I got shopping too fella scanned a coupon for me giving me a fiver off

that was nice of him, the guy who was ahead of me worked in tesco and had a tesco privilege card, so he got a 10% discount, he wanted to pass the discount onto the rest of us but the woman behind the till wouldn't let him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Just picked it up in Smyths for € 57.50, they had plenty left in Jervis Street. No idea why people would prebook it.

KTRIC wrote: »
    Just picked it up in Smyths for € 57.50, they had plenty left in Jervis Street. No idea why people would prebook it.
    Could you only get the standard edition?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Could you only get the standard edition?

I don't know about smyths but Gamestop has the special edition for €75 !!!

I got the standard one and it came with a blimp code as well. Just charging up the auld dual shock, its been many months since it was last used :D

KTRIC wrote: »
    I don't know about smyths but Gamestop has the special edition for €75 !!!

I got the standard one and it came with a blimp code as well. Just charging up the auld dual shock, its been many months since it was last used :D
    Hopefully my store gives me a code :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

argos jervis seemed to have plenty of copies when i was there 10 mins ago

Cheapest online store to order with fast delivery?

What online Irish stores are still selling/have stock ?

Get Tesco delivery if you spend €60 as a new customer they give €20 discount, thread on bargain alerts about it

• Advertisement

Get Tesco delivery if you spend €60 as a new customer they give €20 discount, thread on bargain alerts about it
    It says this for me "Sorry, Selling Location is not found"

Advertisement