Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stillorgan Shopping Centre gone

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Dubl07 wrote: »
    There are four crossings for the Stillorgan Shopping Centre. One between the western boundary and the overflow carpark, one between the eastern boundary and Cassidy's, one between the eastern boundary and the bowling alley and another near the northern boundary. Don't, please, tell me that the lemmings need more than that?

I'm talking about the reality of the situation. Thats why so many people walk straight out of the pedestrian exit in the middle and across.

Doesn't happen at Frascati/Blackrock for a reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Frascati has one main exit though (and oanother one to the car park I think?), whereas Stillorgan has three or four. It's not possible to place a crossing at each, on top of road crossings, you'd choke the traffic. It's not a big shopping centre, people jaywalk because it's easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,345 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

themont85 wrote: »
    I'm talking about the reality of the situation. Thats why so many people walk straight out of the pedestrian exit in the middle and across.

Doesn't happen at Frascati/Blackrock for a reason.

The reason is that there is an island between Frascati and the Blackrock Shopping centre so you can cross in two stages and there are pedestrian lights which are synchronized with the lights at the bottom of Mt. Merrion Ave..

When the lights go red for the city-bound traffic to allow southbound traffic to turn right & go up Mt. Merrion Ave., the lights between the two shopping centres change in favour of pedestrians.

Advertisement