Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DNA and the Irish

Options
  • 11-09-2013 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

How many people would be interested in doing a DNA test to help trace their ancestry? There is a poll that asks this question on the GGI2013 website which details Ireland's first Genetic Genealogy conference at the RDS this October (only 5 euro to get in). There are also some limited free DNA tests available for people with specific surnames.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭osprey

docmo18 wrote: »
    How many people would be interested in doing a DNA test to help trace their ancestry? There is a poll that asks this question on the GGI2013 website which details Ireland's first Genetic Genealogy conference at the RDS this October (only 5 euro to get in). There are also some limited free DNA tests available for people with specific surnames.

It's a great idea, but, I have a feeling that National Geographic just completed a project on this within Ireland. That may just have been Co Mayo though. There are a few articles on it thru Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Would love to get one done & there's one on special on living social right now, I just haven't got €99 to spend on it. Shame as I have quite an unusual surname.

Advertisement