Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Theology and Arts NUI Maynooth?!

Options
  • 11-09-2013 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Just wondering if there anyone out there starting Theology and Arts in Maynooth this year? Also, if there is anyone who studied this course feel free to leave feedback! Just want to know what im getting myself into!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Alqua

Hi Meaghan94, can't tell you a huge lot because I didn't do your exact course, but of the theology modules I studied practically all of them were really interesting (Everyone is going to have modules they don't like as much as others, in every subject!) Just try to keep on top of things.

In my experience, the lecturers both in St. Patrick's and NUIM are all very helpful and approachable, it really is the friendliest campus! Have you chosen your arts subjects? You have a few weeks at the start of the semester to try them out before you make a final decision. Best of luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 meganlcummings

I'm starting Theology and Arts too! I'm really excited to start. I plan to take English and German as my arts subjects. Do you know what arts subjects you will be taking with Theology?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 aoifelynchh

I'm doing Theology & Arts in Maynooth too, so nervous for Wednesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Meaghan94

Oh thank God, it seemed like i was the only one doing it for a minute! Im doing Music and English with it! Did either of yous do Theology for leaving cert?!

I did Religion for the Leaving which is basically Theology. I've no idea what subjects to take for Arts although I'm leaning towards Anthropology for one of them!

• Advertisement

Yeah I did too :) Are you planning on continuing on with Theology in 2nd year? Yeah I was debating between English and Anthropology.. Sure Ill go to a few of the lectures and decide then! Are you commuting?

Yeah I think I'll be doing it in second year cos it was my favourite subject in school, though that could completely change by studying it in college! Yeah I'll be driving in cos I just live in Lucan :-) You?

Its nothing like the Leaving Cert course though sadly..Absolutely loved that course, so interesting! But apparently this is strictly just about the Catholic Church. Ah very good. Yeah, i live in Dunboyne so just gonna get the train! We have to be there for 12 tomorrow, yeah?!

So did I, it was amazing :-) Yeah that's what I heard, and all the lecturers are priests! Aw that's handy enough then! Yeah, as far as I know anyway... I'm gonna get so lost in there!

They're priests?!!! Oh dear God.. this'll be interesting..:L Awh stop so am I! I went to have a look at the campus there the other day so I'd know where to go for tomorrow.. couldn't find the place so just went home haha. Hopefully ill have better luck tomorrow anyway!

• Advertisement
Advertisement