Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon UK - slow to dispatch.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

I've been shocked at how high the postage charges are from Amazon (well companies that sell through Amazon) of late. If fact I have back out of certain delieries at the last minute due to the fact that they wanted to charge €95 to deliver something to Ireland. Crazy stuff.
    The delivery is also taking a long long time too.
    I think I'm going to pull back on the amount of things I order on Amazon as a result.
    I logged onto their site yesterday to query the overly high charges but couldn't find anywhere on the site that would direct me to a customer service email address. There are lots of things to help with tracking, feedback on orders, etc but no straight forward customer service email address. A little too Ryanair for my liking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

I've just contacted Amazon to complain about i-parcel. Waiting 10 days for the last mile carrier Fastway to deliver for them. Fastway - enough said!

It's funny you should mention Fastway. I had an item arrive in their depot last Friday morning for delivery on Monday. It never made delivery on Monday and was taken off the van Monday evening for Tuesday delivery. I wouldn't mind but the depot isn't 10 mile away from me. There's no substitute for An Post in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

My order has now reached this stage
    Entered into local delivery system 2013-09-25T11:33:13-05:00 Hawkes Bay Couriers (Hub)

So I can hopefully expect it tomorrow morning?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

. A little too Ryanair for my liking.

Not even remotely in the same realm as Ryanair customer service though are they :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Glass Key

foggy_lad wrote: »
    My order has now reached this stage

So I can hopefully expect it tomorrow morning?

I glad you said "hopefully" because hopefully you are correct. :D

Mine still says:

Entered into local delivery system 2013-09-16 T14:33:09-05:00 Hawkes Bay Couriers (Hub) :(

But at least I got my money back :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

what I noticed is the ParcelMotel deliveries take way longer than if I have to pay for them and have delivered straight to my address

Cabaal wrote: »
    Are your orderings missing the estimated delivery date?

If your only going with super save the orders will always dispatch slower then any sort of paid for delivery service.

So you are saying if you don't pay for delivery Amazon deliberately wait a bit before processing your order?

I've found it makes no difference if you pay or don't pay for delivery, it also makes no odds how big the item is provided the item arrives via An Post. With An Post 3 working days is the average time from ordering until the item is delivered. Orders on a Friday afternoon are often dispatched on Saturday or Sunday and arrive on Tuesday.

Recent examples were one book that was just under the super saver value and required in a hurry which was delivered on the third working day after being ordered and two massive toolboxes that I didn't pay for delivery which also arrived on the third day after ordering both were dispatched within 24 hours of placing the order.

The issue is that there seems to be no obvious reason why sometimes there is a long delay before items that are in stock are dispatched and other times there isn't.

Then again some of us are just having problems with crappy couriers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Amazon claim their free super saver delivery is 4-5 business days.
    The order I placed on Monday morning is advising delivery will take 6-7 business days.
    Until recently orders were taking 3-5 days for me, now there are taking 7-10 days on average.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Amazon claim their free super saver delivery is 4-5 business days.
    The order I placed on Monday morning is advising delivery will take 6-7 business days.
    Until recently orders were taking 3-5 days for me, now there are taking 7-10 days on average.

3 to 5 business days after dispatch

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_cn?ie=UTF8&nodeId=10790441

Has your order dispatched yet?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Last 2 orders placed arrived in about a week, both were with tracking numbers

Order placed on 18 Sep 2013 arrived on the 25th exactly a week,
    Order placed on 21 Sep 2013 arrived today 26th

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Haven't ever had any problems with Amazon

Most recently I placed an order on the 15th, one item they had in stock and another on pre-order, with Super Saver Delivery. On the 17th they sent out the first item separately. Delivery estimate was the 25th; it arrived on the 20th

Nothing from Fastway or any other courier today, it's only a small item but is being "tracked" if you could call it that. Order placed on 17th Dispatched on 19th but nothing yet, that is too long for delivery from the UK or Europe. Item should have been in Dublin/Ireland by the 21st and delivered 22nd or 23rd.

Update as of 8am got an update from the iparcel tracking site that saye my item is out fpr delivery so I'm hopeful it will arrive today.

Edit: Just had another look at the tracking information and it now looks like my item has been sent to the USA as well as Germany.
    Event Event Date Event Location
    Out for delivery Sep 27 2013 6:41AM South East IE
    Entered into local delivery system Sep 25 2013 11:33AM Hawkes Bay Couriers (Hub) IE
    Consolidation Arrived - Pending Customs Clearance and inbound scan Sep 24 2013 12:00AM IE
    Exported i-Parcel and in transit to country of destination Sep 23 2013 11:13AM Carlstadt NJ US
    Received at i-Parcel Sep 23 2013 8:43AM CARLSTADT NJ US
    Package details received electronically from Seller Sep 19 2013 1:50PM IE

it arrived half an hour ago:D

it arrived half an hour ago:D

Fastway?

Fastway?
    yes b ut item came from America so delay was with that.

yes b ut item came from America so delay was with that.

I don't think you can be sure it comes from America, mine looks like its gone from Germany to America on Amazons tacking system but on i-parcels system its shows it as being in Surrey all the time before it landed here.

I don't think you can be sure it comes from America, mine looks like its gone from Germany to America on Amazons tacking system but on i-parcels system its shows it as being in Surrey all the time before it landed here.
    Where ever it went it took far too long to get here and that is down to the sender and their choice of carrier.

Fastway?

FAST - NO WAY!

I ordered from Amazon on the 19th and immediately the Kindle tablet was dispatched and handed to courier on 20th, It is now in Ireland somewhere but not yet on the Fastway system!

Tracking Events
    Event Event Date City State / Province Country Code
    Entered into local delivery system 2013-11-26T18:16:37-05:00 Hawkes Bay Couriers (Hub) IE
    Consolidation Arrived - Pending Customs Clearance and inbound scan 2013-11-26T12:00:00-05:00 IE
    Exported i-Parcel and in transit to country of destination 2013-11-25T08:31:00-05:00 Surrey GB
    Received at i-Parcel 2013-11-25T05:18:24-05:00 Surrey GB
    Your shipmenti has been flagged for review of the contents prior to export 2013-11-20T16:03:15-05:00 Surrey GB
    Package details received electronically from Seller 2013-11-20T16:02:51-05:00 GB

4 other items on the same order were dispatched by Amazon 4 days later on 24th and received this morning from an post!

This proves once again that Iparcel and Fastway couriers are rubbish!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

FAST - NO WAY!

I ordered from Amazon on the 19th and immediately the Kindle tablet was dispatched and handed to courier on 20th, It is now in Ireland somewhere but not yet on the Fastway system!

Tracking Events
    Event Event Date City State / Province Country Code
    Entered into local delivery system 2013-11-26T18:16:37-05:00 Hawkes Bay Couriers (Hub) IE
    Consolidation Arrived - Pending Customs Clearance and inbound scan 2013-11-26T12:00:00-05:00 IE
    Exported i-Parcel and in transit to country of destination 2013-11-25T08:31:00-05:00 Surrey GB
    Received at i-Parcel 2013-11-25T05:18:24-05:00 Surrey GB
    Your shipmenti has been flagged for review of the contents prior to export 2013-11-20T16:03:15-05:00 Surrey GB
    Package details received electronically from Seller 2013-11-20T16:02:51-05:00 GB

4 other items on the same order were dispatched by Amazon 4 days later on 24th and received this morning from an post!

This proves once again that Iparcel and Fastway couriers are rubbish!

Going by that tracking it looks like the courier didnt receive the item until 25th, as it was only "package details received electronically from Seller" on the 20th not the physical package.

chasm wrote: »
    Going by that tracking it looks like the courier didnt receive the item until 25th, as it was only "package details received electronically from Seller" on the 20th not the physical package.

Just re-read that now and wondering why amazon sat on my order for 5 days? That is really odd because the same happened with the last delayed order. Would it be that they are waiting for a collection by iparcel or waiting to fill a container for shipping to Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 jtaylol

I contacted Amazon customer service last Wednesday night regarding my damaged kindle, within 10 minutes the rep had organised for my kindle to be replaced and it had been despatched an hour later. It's scheduled to arrive tomorrow, so thats pretty good in my book. (lol at the pun)

I have been loking at my deliveries in more detail and can't really fault fastway or even iparcel as they are only the carriers and can't collect something if amazon have flagged it for some reason or other. I wonder what this means

"Your shipmenti has been flagged for review of the contents prior to export 2013-11-20T16:03:15-05:00 Surrey GB"
    This held an order up by 5days before it was handed to iparcel!

Does anyone know how fastway work?

They had one delivery for me yesterday morning from amazon which I got, but while I was out in the evening another driver called with another parcel also from amazon. I was out and he could not contact me or I would have arranged to meet him in aldi carpark. Now the fastway tracking shows parcel back in depot waiting customers input.??

@ foggy_lad, just look up fastway on line get the number for your local office and give then a ring and they should sort you out.

@ foggy_lad, just look up fastway on line get the number for your local office and give then a ring and they should sort you out.
    Done, it is back on the regular drivers van for today:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Yea i defo think amazon are slowing up on the supersaver delivery option i placed an order for a doll for my nieces christmas present on the 2nd of december and estimated delivery is today the 10th of december! used to be 3-4 days for supersaver! i have no idea where my parcel is, its being shipped by iparcel but it says its still in surrey being shipped to country of destination for the last 2 days!

Exported i-Parcel and in transit to country of destination 2013-12-09T10:42:00-05:00 Surrey GB
    Received at i-Parcel 2013-12-08T12:40:39-05:00 Surrey GB
    Package details received electronically from Seller 2013-12-02T19:20:45-05:00 IE

Yea i defo think amazon are slowing up on the supersaver delivery option i placed an order for a doll for my nieces christmas present on the 2nd of december and estimated delivery is today the 10th of december! used to be 3-4 days for supersaver! i have no idea where my parcel is, its being shipped by iparcel but it says its still in surrey being shipped to country of destination for the last 2 days!

Exported i-Parcel and in transit to country of destination 2013-12-09T10:42:00-05:00 Surrey GB
    Package details received electronically from Seller 2013-12-02T19:20:45-05:00 IE

If you look at "Package details received electronically from Seller 2013-12-02T19:20:45-05:00 IE"

and

"Received at i-Parcel 2013-12-08T12:40:39-05:00 Surrey GB"

it shows that Amazon sat on the parcel for 6 days before it was given to the courier, this is where delays are coming from.

Never get those delays when stuff comes with An Post. I'm expecting two parcels this week both supersaver and no tracking so probably An Post. Hoping for one today and one tomorrow if they arrive as I expect from past experience then that will be a 3 working day delivery time.

I'll post back when they arrive.

Was just wondering the latest I can leave it and still get stuff with supersaver in time for Christmas?

Another thought is that I can't see anyone sitting on a parcel anywhere at this time of year because who has expensive warehouse space to store goods in that have already been paid for. Cheaper for everyone concerned if they are delivered asap

Was just wondering the latest I can leave it and still get stuff with supersaver in time for Christmas?

Another thought is that I can't see anyone sitting on a parcel anywhere at this time of year because who has expensive warehouse space to store goods in that have already been paid for. Cheaper for everyone concerned if they are delivered asap
    AFAIK the latest date for super saver delivery is for items ordered by the end of Friday the 13th:eek:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/gift-central/holiday-shipping/ref=amb_link_178679407_2?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=right-1&pf_rd_r=0CTSX11D5PD4B2XBDW9D&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=451925767&pf_rd_i=350613011

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

If you look at "Package details received electronically from Seller 2013-12-02T19:20:45-05:00 IE"

and

"Received at i-Parcel 2013-12-08T12:40:39-05:00 Surrey GB"

it shows that Amazon sat on the parcel for 6 days before it was given to the courier, this is where delays are coming from.

yeah it sucks balls to be honest!, maybe amazon realized that the supersaver delievery was too quick because it was free :( i dont know, my package finally got an update scan its in customs at the moment so probably will be delievered sometime tomorow

Consolidation Arrived - Pending Customs Clearance and inbound scan 2013-12-10T00:00:00-05:00 IE

a day later then projected by amazon, ordered on the 2nd of december,
    9 days later!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement