Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for Science Novice?!

Options
  • 05-09-2013 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I usually lurk around the other boards, as I'm not eligible for Grad Med in Ireland (I have a 2:2 in English Lit and Media Studies) But I'm going to sit the GAMSAT in the UK in March, as I can apply for some Grad med courses in the UK.

I would consider myself a Science Novice, a DD in GCSE and No Science A Levels. I did do a Health Science Diploma last year but it wasn't very in-depth.

I would be fairly confident in my writing skills for S I and II, I'm an avid reader of anything and am used to writing essays. Its SIII that's scaring me though!!

Any advice on where to start? Or even a study guide from someone who was a science virgin?? I'm going to buy ACER practice papers, MCAT verbal reasoning and Organic Chem for Dummies to start. I have about 6 months in all - I also work full time.

Advice much welcomed!

Dee

Advertisement