Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Swimming pools in Dublin city

• 31-08-2013 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hey
    Just moved to Dublin 7 recently and am looking for a nice gym with a swimming pool. There's the place One Escape on Smithfield Square but it's a bit pricey at €80 a month.
    Anyone have any good suggestions for places in D7, D8, D1 areas?
    Thanks for the help :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

St joseph's school at the bottom of the Navan road is good, not sure of the price but certainly nothing like €80 a month, maybe €30.

It's just past MC D'S, opposite park motors.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

The Markievicz centre just off Pearse Street had a swimming pool. Its a Dublin City Council run leisure centre. I think it is €6 a session or €50 a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Ben Dunne has a gym beside the jervis centre. I think it's €189 for 14 months. It's a special ATM. But apparently it's basic enough like no pool. But it's so cheap it might be worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭roseybear

dcu isn't bad if u wanted to spin over there, weights area can b busy at times but people are sound at letting you jump in for sets. could always go up to the aquatic centre? havent seen the gym area but heard alright things about it. apparantly the fun zone area of the pool is closed for the next 2 months so it might be pretty quiet up there for the next little while

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭tufterween

Hi all,
    Thanks for the replies. The Markievicz Leisure centre might be spot on. Really want a swimming pool so Ben Dunne is kind of out of the question... It's a pity really considering how close it is to me.
    I don't drive so how would I get out to the one on the Navan Road?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

38 and the 39 buses

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭mrbubbles

I'm not sure if this helps but Terenure College (D6W) also does public swim. Full details can be found on the website and if you call them they have a recording of the sessions on any given day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭roseybear

Belevedere college has a pool that's used a lot too

Apologies, I thought that 6W and 7 would be next to each other but apparently not :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

mrbubbles wrote: »
    Apologies, I thought that 6W and 7 would be next to each other but apparently not :(

All the even numbers are southside, all the odd numbers are northside :)

• Advertisement

Ah ha! But am I correct in thinking that concurrent house numbers (61, 62, 63 etc) are next to each other in the street? Whereas in the UK odd will be on one side and even on the other? Confusing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,962 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Herbeton Gym in Dublin 8 (Fatima) has a decent sized pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

mrbubbles wrote: »
    Ah ha! But am I correct in thinking that concurrent house numbers (61, 62, 63 etc) are next to each other in the street? Whereas in the UK odd will be on one side and even on the other? Confusing :)

Nope. It's usually like in the UK, odd on one side even on the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I heard recently that Guinness have a gym on Watling Street, I haven't been in it but meaning to check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

The Markievicz centre just off Pearse Street had a swimming pool. Its a Dublin City Council run leisure centre. I think it is €6 a session or €50 a month.

I use this Pool regularly and can't recommend it highly enough, If you want to just sign up for Pool membership, you can get it for €31 a month by Direct Debit, see Here, excellent value if you only use Gym and Sauna.

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭tufterween

uch wrote: »
    I use this Pool regularly and can't recommend it highly enough, If you want to just sign up for Pool membership, you can get it for €31 a month by Direct Debit, see Here, excellent value if you only use Gym and Sauna.

Going into the markievic tomorrow for a girl called niki to show me around. Hopefully that'll be the gym done and dusted then

Advertisement