Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Becoming a fan of the John Creedon show

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Liked that Jane Willow song.

Also the song that rips off Tenth Avenue Freeze out

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

That Clare Sands song is good.

Also heard Dancing in the Moonlight in an ad and was fearing the worst,but it wasn't that awful ad with someone crowing along badly to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭RINO87

Marquee moon....That'll b'é John gone out for a pint of milk for the tae then!

He played Jungleland twice this week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,202 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

That mambo version of ‘I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For’.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 297 ✭✭Bus Boy

Nice finish with Louis Stewart et al.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Brid Hegarty

I can imagine. Remember when he used to play that 'Thinking of a Place' War On Drugs song over and over. And then he says he can't get around to all the requests. He's never played a request I put in. He'll read it out alright and say "maybe tomorrow night", but you know he won't even remember it by then. I've pretty much given up on him. He's all about his favourites such as Bob Dylan and Morrissey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,014 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

A Spotify account is great for hearing what you want to hear.

Not sure why anyone needs DJ requests in the 21st century to be honest. Unless it's the vanity of telling everyone about it.

Smoke on the Water on Radio One twice in less than 24 hours.

Come on it's always more enjoyable to hear the songs you like on the radio. If John Creedon was doing a better job I'd be stumbling into more good tunes that I'm unaware of. Anyway Cathal Murray presents a good show instead.

• Advertisement

Good stuff tonight from the Fleadh Cheoil.

Plain White T’s?

Disturbed?

Has John been thumbing through an issue of Kerrang from 2006?

:D

And as for Disturbed’s cover of ‘The Sound Of Silence’…

*shudder*

Never heard any Shane McGowan and the Popes before, thought he was playing some Dropkick Murphys.

Also isn't Hey There Delilah supposed to be a stalker song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,014 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Ha ya sort of. The song is a about a long distance relationship but Delilah is a real person that he never dated just met one time.

Margaritaville!

:D

Every time I flick over to him I'm disappointed. He keeps playing Morrissey. He played two of his tonight. The first one was an awful bore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,434 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

He played two Smiths tracks, along with two Van Morrison and two Crowded House, along with some Croatian and Mauritanian music.

Maybe you’d be better off sticking with Ronan Collins?

No no. He's a thing for the Smiths/Morrissey. They're possibly his most played artist. There are certain rock/pop artists that he will NOT play no matter how often requested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Ronan Collins quota taking a hit...he'll be fuming.

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Advertisement

No, no, he played Smiths tracks last night, not Morrissey tracks.

Ive gone through his playlists for the past two weeks and there were no Smiths or Morrissey tracks played over that period.

Post edited by AndrewJRenko on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

He doesn't play Morrissey/The Smiths half as often as he plays John Prine and that's fine by me as I love John Prine!

Hey could lay off playing long hot summer by the style council every single time the sun comes out anyway!!

....altho, in another way, it's great that I've heard it so much this year 😎

He was talking about getting messages giving out to him for not playing requests

Post edited by Say Your Number on

Ger Wolfe. Always such a great to hear.

Love that Ger Wolfe song.

And ‘Last Stop: This Town’ by Eels!

Good call :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭spakman

I've a feeling he doesn't play requests unless he's heard the song before. All it would take would be a 60 second listen to get the gist of a song. For example I asked him to play Bowie's 'Stranger when we Meet' a couple of months back. There wasn't a hope in hell he was going to play it. He read out the request saying "I mightn't get time for that tonight, but there's always tomorrow night". Now if I were to ask him to play 'Young Americans'... the Bowie one he plays... then maybe he'd have played that one! Who knows. I'm hardly going to be holding out until tomorrow night if I can play the things myself.

At least he's he's stopped playing 'Thinking of a Place'! A big long feckin thing it was. He'd play it at the end too; probably so that he could nip out early. Creedon is also anti Elton John, Bryan Ferry/Roxy Music, and Christopher Cross. If one of those artists died tomorrow I would still not be surprised if he didn't play one of their songs.

But should Creedon be more willing to "take out a piece of the jigsaw and put another piece in"? Couldn't he take out something like 'A New England' for example, in order to play something different?

Don't be petty about the difference between the Smiths and Morrissey. It's just familiar to hear them on his show.

• Advertisement

He’s heard your songs before. He knows they’re sh1te.

Advertisement