Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Becoming a fan of the John Creedon show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,654 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

With the signal going in and out (stay safe, boardsies!), the intro to that song sounded like ‘The Beautiful People’ by - eek! - Marilyn Manson!!

’Double Dutch’, though…good call :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Prefer Charlie Brooker's version of this

• Registered Users Posts: 10,244 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

I like John Creedon on the whole and quite often listen. But I do find he goes on a bit about all the listeners and how he loves new listeners and would they all tell their friends and welcome to the family etc etc. It's OK once a week or so but he can be at every night. He also overdoes the all the ways to contact him etc., to be followed after a while that he's overloaded with requests and can't possibly play get to them all! He could ease off on that a bit a bit as well and stick more to the music and general chat :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

That Tolu Makay song is great.

‘Whole World Round’ by Scullion…spooky.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭JJKC

He does requests now? I only listened to him once, in 2009 when he first took over the evening slot and he said then that he won't be doing requests.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

This definitely ISN'T the happy house!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Now this IS the happy house. I'm happy here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,244 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Sure people are always asking him to play a bit of this or that. Which is fine on the whole. Johnboy was really chuffed you could hear recently when the Aussie ambassador asked him to play something - think he did two for him :)

An ad for a mid-2000s Emo-Punk band (My Chemical Romance) during Creedon???

I like this Irish language song on now.

• Advertisement

Somebody tell John that sea shanties are like, sooo last year.

Thank god.

Heart of Glass.

Love the drumming in this song.

Clem Burke - one if the best in the business.

And now de Franks :)

That Mick Flannery Christmas song is very good.

Good to hear The Ramones, this is a weird version of Wonderful Christmas Time.

Great acoustic instrumental version of What a Wonderful World by Tony McManus.

Post edited by Say Your Number on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,971 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

No John this evening; his show is being replaced with a recording of him on another show.

Didn't expect him to be on this week, fair play.

Different show, but I like this ambient cover of Ace of Spaces that Fiachna is playing now.

Rocking All Over the World, the only Status Quo song with a 12 bar blues guitar riff.

I liked the conflation of “The L&N don’t stop here any more” and “No train to Cavan”. Great tracks.

• Advertisement

And now two great Santana tracks. Ah, John, good to have you back on the air

But for me, it’s still “Clapton is God”,

Oye Como Ya!

Good call :)

Lee Scratch Perry with The Orb.

Top tune!

Is John OK?

Thirty minutes in, and he hasn’t played any John Prine!

Yuck-yuck-yuck!

Dusty’s version of ‘Tupelo Honey’.

Good call :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Tea for the Tillerman x 3 tonight , I was grinning all the way home

Great song from The Unthanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Ballycommon Mast

We are in the final 18 months of the John Creedon show, he will be 65 next year and although I've no doubt that he'll continue to freelance for RTE for many years to come, I think it's unlikely that he'll still be the radio 5 nights a week. I think they will move John Kellys mystery train back to radio 1 in the 8 to 10 slot when Creedon turns 65 next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

Had Radio on most of the day, I'm pretty much Meatloaf'd out at this stage.

RIP to the big man.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Advertisement

Ah, Steely Dan, Haitian Divorce. That takes me back a few years.

Advertisement