Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tay's Study Log - 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭A7XGirl

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Burn your guitar.

In all honesty, you should get into the habit of putting any distractions, such as phones, guitars, laptops, tablets or anything in a completely separate room during study.

I find that a rewarding timetable works for me. So if I do a good 30 minutes on a subject, I'll go on the internet for 15 minutes and if I do another hour on something else, I'll take a good enjoyable break again.

Just a suggestion but it's nice to have something to look forward too in between study.
    I guess you're right, but burn? No way! I can't study for longer than 10 minutes before getting bored. I'll be glad if I even get 5 minutes done today!

Had an Home Ec test today. Easy enough in my opinion. I'll be glad with anything over 80%. I'll study for the next one at the weekend.
    Arrived home at 5.30pm (Been awake since 5.00am, long day), so exhausted that I didn't even want to pick up anything. Suddenly, I visualised what it would be like if I got good results in the LC. No more irritating and dysfunctional teenagers on the bus , no more arrogant fools, no more crowded bus, no more waiting at the bus stop 20 minutes after it was due, no more teachers who attempt to control your life, no more "Can Jane/John Doe please come to the office, and no more damned uniforms!
    After grinning to myself for a further 20 minutes, I revised some Biology.
    Work completed:
    Economics - Revised The Consumer
    Biology - Ecology (Test tomorrow)

Chemistry - Test tomorrow, not bothered. I still have my homework to do, I'll probably do it on the bus tomorrow.
    I'm exhausted now. Chemistry first class tomorrow, I hope there's traffic!

Work completed:
    Biology - Ecology again. It's a huge chapter, I need to revise it as much as possible. I'll start a new chapter tomorrow though. Also had a test today. I felt sick and couldn't hold a pen for more than fifteen minutes.
    Home Ec - 100% in my last test. Started revising HACCP, Eggs, Fish, B12, Folic Acid for next Wednesday.
    Irish - Fill Aris, read the first few lines of the poem.
    I'm moving slowly, but beginning to get somewhere.

Finished studying for the day.
    Work completed:
    Biology - Circulatory System (Started briefly on this)
    French - Oral work and a bit of vocab.
    Irish - Listening vocab.
    Maths - Cylinder

Tomorrow I'll do some English, Economics, and more Irish. That should wrap up my studying for the weekend.
    About to head out now and forget all about studying for the rest of the evening. Slan! Au revoir! And my personal favourite, goodbye.

Work completed:
    Irish - Mo theaghlach oral work.
    Economics - Demands (Can't seem to understand the graph :/)

Didn't do much today, GTA V was calling to me. Tomorrow I'll do some Biology, Francais, Economics, Irish.
    From now on, I'll do my two languages, EVERY SINGLE DAY. This is the only way I can improve.

• Advertisement

84% on my Ecology test. Not bad considering, I missed out last year.

English - Finally started reading How Many Miles To Babylon. I'll probably read it on my own as my class is slow as s***.
    Maths - Hate to say this, but it's grand. I'm finding OL unbelievably easy. I wish there was a level in between higher and ordinary.
    Irish - Oral on my area. Watched Gaelgory sraith pictiur 1 (2014)
    Economics - Demand, that graph is getting on my nerves now!!!
    Biology - Cell Division, started today, but lost my book. Wahey!
    Home Ec - Egg, Niacin, HACCP
    French - Ma famille oral work.

Looks like a lot, but it felt like I done nothing. Spent all evening yesterday looking at courses. Right now, I'm hoping for 460 points to do Screen and Film Media in UCC.

Work completed:
    Biology - Cell Division and Blood
    Economics - Supply and I started The Government.
    French - Oral work
    That's basically all I done today. I have an Home Ec test tomorrow, but I'll study on the way to school. I have so much to get don't this week, it's actually unreal.

Work completed:
    Biology - Cell Division revision

I couldn't do much today, I was too exhausted after school. I started planning my novel for NaNoWriMo. My most anticipated moment of the year. Now, I'm going to bed and I probably won't go to school tomorrow.

Got my home Ec test back, 85%, due to the fact that I studied half the wrong chapters. But still happy with it.
    Work completed:
    Biology - Genetics (A few pages of the chapter)
    Home Ec - Additivies
    Irish - Sraith Pictiur deich (Test tomorrow and I barely know anything)
    Maths - The cone

That's basically all I done today. Another long day and I'm exhausted. My bus came 30 minutes late this morning, missed Chemistry which was a grand job :) I just realised how fast the days are flying by and I still have barely anything done! Need to work faster and harder.

Work completed:
    French - First two section of the 2013 aural.

That's all I got done. I'm hoping to get all my homework completed tomorrow morning and then spare a few hours studying. Sunday, I'll work on my languages. That's my weekend sorted, I hope next week isn't as stressful as this week.

• Advertisement

Didn't get anything done yesterday. I've just realised Economics isn't as simple as it's made out to be. Those graphs are really starting to get on my nerves.
    I'd be better off getting a C1 in Chemistry than a D3 in Economics.

Work completed
    English - HMMTB comparison between Alec and Jerry
    Irish - Caitheamh aimsir
    Biology - Digestion (briefly)
    Maths - Area and volume
    Home Ec - Milk

I have an home Ec test on Wednesday, hoping for something higher than last time. I need to work harder on my oral work for Irish so I'll have to dedicate extra time to that. I'm even planning on keeping Chemistry, along with Economics.

Got a good bit done today!
    Biology - Digestion (Done every single exam question on this. Higher and ordinary. Not in great detail though, I'm planning on broadening (is that even a word?) my answers next year before the exams)
    Chemistry - Yes, I'm back with this. I done Aldehydes today.
    Irish - Breoite ar scoil
    Home Ec - Food labelling , convenience foods and protein.
    Maths - I can't remember the name but it had trapezium in it and a formula. I think the formula was h/2( first + last + 2(rest)).

I done absolutely nothing after school today. But I did pay extra attention in my classes so I guess that counts for something.

Work completed from yesterday:
    Biology - Enzymes
    Chemistry - The Mole
    French - L'amour et Les etudes

Today:
    Irish - Gearcheim Eacnamiochta
    English - HMMTB character analysis (Alec)
    Home Ec - Food labelling , convinence foods and FSAI

Work completed:
    Irish - half of my Culu Eacnamiochta essay done. Revised 'Breoite ar scoil' sraith pictiur.
    Chemistry - Preparation of ethanal and ethanoic acid.
    Home Ec - Lipids

91% on my Home Ec test, yeaaaaah.
    Work completed:
    Maths - Test on area and volume.
    French - Sport oral work
    Chemistry - Radioactivity and 2004 OL question 4.
    Biology - Osmosis and Diffusion
    Irish - Test on 11 sraith pictiur. Done some oral too.

I'm gonna do a bit more of French oral work before I go to sleep. For now,

Work completed:
    French - Diary entry
    Chemistry - Ester
    Irish - Sraith pictiur 12
    Biology - Osmosis

My biology teacher has been out for two days now! -_-

I took an 'accidental' hitch hike to Santry today, with two mates. Overall, we walked through piles of rubbish, saw a dead cat, saw a drunk man pissing in the grass and then getting arrested, saw a dodgy looking neighbourhood, and got lost. Wasted 4 precious hours!! Never again!

My main area of focus for the past few days has been French. I have a ton of homework to do for the mid-term. I'm planning on getting everything done today so I can study for the rest of the week. Except Thursday of course.
    Work completed:
    French oral work
    Irish oral work
    Biology - Eye
    Home Ec - Protein
    I'm gonna relax and read a book for the rest of the day, trying to improve my vocabulary for English.

• Advertisement

Work completed:
    Biology - Rhizopus
    Chemistry - Quick organic chemistry revision.
    Irish - Oral work
    French - Oral work
    English - 2011 reading comprehension

Work completed:
    Chemistry - Electronegativity
    Biology started the Human reproduction chapter
    Home Ec - HACCP
    French - Things that annoy me short essay
    Irish - 2012 reading comprehension, first one only.
    I'm going to do some French and Irish oral work later. Then I'll finish my novel to improve my English vocabulary.

Work completed:
    Home Ec - Eggs, Meat, Fish, Bacteria, Yeast
    English - Read one Elizabeth Bishop poem. I did a character analysis on Macbeth.
    Irish - 2012 RC; B

That's about it for today. Tomorrow, I'll do a tiny bit in the morning and enjoy the rest of my day!

Home Ec - Protein
    French - Aural
    Biology - Reproductive System
    Chemistry - Ionic and Covalent Bonding
    English - Derek Mahon poetry work

How I wish I had supportive parents, instead of ones who try and bribe me into doing their preferred course.
    Too annoyed to do much, so I just watched a French film 'Priceless', tres bien! I also listened to some French song and ordered food in a French cafe in French today.
    If only I could do all this for Irish..

I realised how much I need to sort what I'm studying so I made a study timetable.
    I'll only do two subjects or three per day now. And on Fridays, I'll only do my homework.
    Work completed -
    Irish - An tEarrach Thiar and 20 minute of oral.
    Chemistry - Gas Laws, The Mole
    I'll be doing some Home Ec later as I have a test tomorrow.
    Home Ec - HAACP BLOCK AND PROTEIN BLOCK.

Work completed:
    Biology - Cell structure
    Home Ec - Convinence foods, HACCP, FSAI
    Chemistry - Atom
    English - Half of Elizabeth Bishop notes
    Maths - Cosine Rule

I finally got into a study group, which is a great motivation now. We each take a section of a certain subject and make notes and then swap it around.
    I also need to start studying maths more often, premocks in 2 weeks time!

Work completed:
    Maths - Cosine rule again
    Home Ec - Calcium
    Irish - Sraith pictiur 13

I was going to study HMMTB, but SOMEONE who I thought was my friend stole the book off me. Wow. Thank you very much. So kind. So polite. Wow.

• Advertisement

Work completed for the morning:
    Chemistry - Organic Chemistry 1
    Home Ec - Milk, Cheese, Calcium, Vit D

Advertisement