Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Note 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,695 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Underwhelmed so far tbh.. slightly bigger Note 2 with LTE and security apps.

Galaxy Gear smartwatch on now...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

I better screen is a plus, and it's bigger too. I'm tempted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,695 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I better screen is a plus, and it's bigger too. I'm tempted.

The multitasking/split-screen stuff looks impressive alright. Do people use the S-pen much though really? I never used it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

4K some models, hopefully we get it.

No pricing mentioned. We get it before America. If it's to be released later this month, when will we see pricing?

• Advertisement

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    The multitasking/split-screen stuff looks impressive alright. Do people use the S-pen much though really? I never used it myself.

I never did, but herself uses it a lot as it's her work phone. A combination of my illegible writing and the badly placed button turned me off it.

No pricing mentioned. We get it before America. If it's to be released later this month, when will we see pricing?

I'd imagine 600ish payg. The last note kept the same price as the original at launch.

and the badly placed button turned me off it.

What badly placed button?

I personally found the button on the s-pen in an annoying position.

I personally found the button on the s-pen in an annoying position.

Oh right! I personally rarely used the s-pen either unless I was showing somebody the phone and what it can do. But I still loved the phone, be it the large screen and large battery and it is nice to have the option of having the s-pen. I may pick up the Note 3, I will have to see the pricing. I cannot afford it straight out so i will have to go bill pay. Hopefully they don't fúck up the release like they did Note II, I picked mine up sim free from china as no where had them when they were suppose to be released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Nice video in the link below showing the enhanced S Pen features.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/4/4693206/samsung-galaxy-note-3-specs-features-release-date-price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭GorillaRising

Wow! Really impressed with that!

Definitely upgrading to this from iOS! And what an upgrade it'll be! Can't see Apple matching that on Sept. 10th

I think I'd definitely use the S pen a bit. I'm always taking notes and using the calculator while doing other things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Am I missing some on the multitasking.
    Apart from being able to put an app in the middle of the screen what's new over the note2

I would use it the odd time mostly to have YouTube and a browser open at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

deckie27 wrote: »
    Apart from being able to put an app in the middle of the screen what's new over the note2

I would use it the odd time mostly to have YouTube and a browser open at the same time

To be quite honest the screen is too small for that feature, really only comes into its own on the tablets imo.

deckie27 wrote: »

1080P screen, more RAM, LTE, Faster processor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

1080P screen, more RAM, LTE, Faster processor.

I know about the phones improvements but the multitasking looks identical to what the note 2 will do.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

A massive leap was probably never to be expected.

But the Note 2 has served me well over the last 6 months or so, and i intend to buy the Note 3 when it's available.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

How much longer is the N3 compared to the N2? I have the N2 and I honestly can't imagine hauling a taller phone around the place!! Also, with the fancy leather etc on the back of the N3 does that mean the back doesn't detach to allow batteries and SDHC cards to be swapped in and out??

Right now I can't see a compelling reason to upgrade from the N2, in fact I'll probably wait for the SGS 5 to come out and downgrade to that if the battery issues of the SGS 4 have been sorted.

Ben

BenThere wrote: »
    How much longer is the N3 compared to the N2? I have the N2 and I honestly can't imagine hauling a taller phone around the place!! Also, with the fancy leather etc on the back of the N3 does that mean the back doesn't detach to allow batteries and SDHC cards to be swapped in and out??

Right now I can't see a compelling reason to upgrade from the N2, in fact I'll probably wait for the SGS 5 to come out and downgrade to that if the battery issues of the SGS 4 have been sorted.

Ben

The back cover is removable, I heard no mention of SD cards but being Samsung I'd say you can connect one to the phone.

I just read Note 3 phones start at 32GB. source

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭markad1

Micro sd also announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

judging by the pictures, the back isnt flat. The camera looks like its sticking out. That could be annoying when using the phone while flat on a table.

hmmm, ill have to see the phone in the flesh before i make a call on this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭GorillaRising

^It looks like that when you're looking at the lense head on, but from the side it doesn't look like it sticks out at all.

Not mad about the faux leather back, but it's a minor thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Dubba wrote: »

Thanks Dubba. It looks like a pretty decent upgrade and what might swing it for me is the fact it's a bigger screen but isn't physically any bigger and is in fact much lighter!

I'm not due an upgrade until November so I'll wait and see what the user reviews are like.

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Looks good alright, I'll be upgrading from a s2, so it'll be a big jump up in screen size for me.

How about the initial price? I've seen a few people post things like - "it will come down in price a month after release".

Was the note2 dropped in price once out for a while, or is this more a US carrier pricing policy?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Dubba wrote: »
    Looks good alright, I'll be upgrading from a s2, so it'll be a big jump up in screen size for me.

How about the initial price? I've seen a few people post things like - "it will come down in price a month after release".

Was the note2 dropped in price once out for a while, or is this more a US carrier pricing policy?

Note 2 in retail stores didn't really drop prices at all. Its still floating at just under 600.

On Amazon it dropped a bit. Don't like the Qualcomm processor inside the new galaxy line up. Exynoss used to run a lot cooler . Expect the new processor to heat up a lot with the high clocking range .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

On Amazon it dropped a bit. Don't like the Qualcomm processor inside the new galaxy line up. Exynoss used to run a lot cooler . Expect the new processor to heat up a lot with the high clocking range .

Seems to be contradictory reports bit it seems the LTE version is Qualcomm quad core and the 3G version is Exynos Octa core. Not sure which would be on sale here.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Seems to be contradictory reports bit it seems the LTE version is Qualcomm quad core and the 3G version is Exynos Octa core. Not sure which would be on sale here.....

Based on the fact that all carriers here right now are favoring the Qualcomm LTE chips (except for tesco mobile I think) we will most likely get the Qualcomm version due to the imminent launch of LTE in Ireland.

I for one keep waiting for Samsung to get the finger out and integrate LTE chips to their processors. Whatever the figures are I always found their own processor perform a lot nicer vs. Qualcomm.

My Note 2 was buttery smooth and rarely got hot from normal day to day use.

Can't say the same on the S4. Its like a hot potatoe sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

Meteor say they will have it in stores in October

Advertisement