Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superheros - Which One Would You Like To Be?

Options
  • 26-08-2013 4:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭

If you were to play the role of a Superhero in a movie - which one would you like to be?

For me, it would have to be Batman as I would get to dress up in one of those amazing black rubber form fitting Bat Suits, live in a great big old house, and drive really fast cars. With my shapely rubber clad Bat Girl at my side, we would set off each night and sort out all those baddies. I may even get to seduce a leather clad Cat Woman in the course of my night's work!

So what is your Superhero fantasy?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Fanny Squirter man

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Jimmy McNulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭positron

Superman. Desk job and always on boards.ie

/Oh wait.. I'm living the dream!

Jimmy McNulty.

I reckon Omar would take him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Catwoman.
    Id kill for that eh...bike

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Superted

Keith wrote: »
    Catwoman.
    Id kill for that eh...bike

Shes practicing for the day she has to ride your incredibly large penis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Silver Surfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,782 ✭✭✭KungPao

Ruubot2 wrote: »
    Superted

I remember being excited that Superted was on.

Turns it on.

In Irish.

Changes channel...

Sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Catwoman of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Wolverine

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Auqaman!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Neo.

Jimmy McNulty.

What's his super power?
    Being one the most cliched and banal of characters in an otherwise well thought out show (he's a cop, let's make him Irish...and an alcoholic....and with a poor relationship with his family due to overwork)?
    Or perhaps having the worst Baltimore accent in the history of the world?

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    What's his super power?
    Being one the most cliched and banal of characters in an otherwise well thought out show (he's a cop, let's make him Irish...and an alcoholic....and with a poor relationship with his family due to overwork)?

I think that's a bit harsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,417 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Postman Pat was dedicated and quitely went about his business.
    A working class superhero.

I think that's a bit harsh.

And, furthermore, Dominic West can't act for toffee....especially bad at acting drunk even though his character was drunk about 50% of the time

And, furthermore, Dominic West can't act for toffee....especially bad at acting drunk even though his character was drunk about 50% of the time

I can agree with that to an extent. I still completely disagree on the McNulty character though, I thought he was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

If you think about would anyone want to be Superman or Batman. There are huge negatives to their lifestyles.

Superman's disguise is Clark Kent and for the majority of his life he wears this mask. A feeble stuttering coward who also appears quite dim. He will forever hide who he is and only really connects with his parents who will eventually die and Lois Lane who is magnetic to danger. So to be Superman you must hide who you are forever.

As for Batman, his life is one of isolation. Bruce reluctantly plays the part of the playboy once in a while to keep up an image but is much happier brooding in a cave. He allows no to get close to him and those that do usually perish. He is bitter and lonely following his parents death and in a sense never recovered from that and never matured. Batmans life is lonesome and thankless, also due to his lack of superpower get regularily the snot knocked out of him.

The novelty of Batmans cool car or being physical invincible would soon dimish into a life of emptiness and repetition.

Thanks why the correct answer is most likely Iron Man. Tony is a free spirit, enjoys life, embraces his alter ego, publicies his alter ego and his extremely witty and intelligent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

Dr.Manhattan.

He has all the super powers!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Bananaman

I can agree with that to an extent. I still completely disagree on the McNulty character though, I thought he was great.

Well, to be fair, cop characters are generally a mix and match of cliches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

kneemos wrote: »

Always a great man to help you pull the tractor out of the side of the road or find a stray sheep! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Surely Tommy Carcetti was worse

• Registered Users Posts: 6,006 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Spongebob Squarepants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Fanny Squirter man

But is it squirt or piss?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Captain Marvel, Or the hulk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

If you think about would anyone want to be Superman or Batman. There are huge negatives to their lifestyles.

Superman's disguise is Clark Kent and for the majority of his life he wears this mask. A feeble stuttering coward who also appears quite dim. He will forever hide who he is and only really connects with his parents who will eventually die and Lois Lane who is magnetic to danger. So to be Superman you must hide who you are forever.

As for Batman, his life is one of isolation. Bruce reluctantly plays the part of the playboy once in a while to keep up an image but is much happier brooding in a cave. He allows no to get close to him and those that do usually perish. He is bitter and lonely following his parents death and in a sense never recovered from that and never matured. Batmans life is lonesome and thankless, also due to his lack of superpower get regularily the snot knocked out of him.

The novelty of Batmans cool car or being physical invincible would soon dimish into a life of emptiness and repetition.

Thanks why the correct answer is most likely Iron Man. Tony is a free spirit, enjoys life, embraces his alter ego, publicies his alter ego and his extremely witty and intelligent.

Captain Buzzkill right here

kneemos wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Godzilla.

Advertisement