Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man survives Dublin shooting before gunman accidentally shot himself

Options
  • 26-08-2013 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭

Source: Breaking News.
    A career criminal survived a botched attack on his life before the gunman accidentally shot himself.

The 52-year-old intended target is in a serious condition in hospital after he was shot in the stomach in a north Dublin suburb this morning.

The gunman was attempting to flee the scene, an alleyway between Glasnevin Avenue and Glasnevin Park , when – about 50 yards away – a second shot discharged from his gun and hit him in the leg.

A senior Garda source said detectives are trying to establish a motive for the attack and who ordered the hit.

“There are no obvious links between the men,” he said.
    The intended victim has been described as a career criminal who was heavily involved in crime in the Ballymun and Finglas areas and who has links to the drugs trade.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/man-survives-dublin-shooting-before-gunman-accidentally-shot-himself-604845.html

...And that's why you always put the safety back on.

Sounds mad. Not the best Hitman anyways.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

And the hitman will be hoping he gets put in protective custody. The Walrus is not someone to be messed with!

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

And the hitman will be hoping he gets put in protective custody. The Walrus is not someone to be messed with!

With a username like that, I presume you feel his pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

that's the worst gangster name ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

FatherLen wrote: »

great theme tune though - he is the eggman, he is the eggman, wooooooooooooo!

FatherLen wrote: »

Yup, and Proposition Joe is the best ever IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭prizefighter

"The time has come," the Walrus said,
    "To talk of many things:
    Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
    Of cabbages--and kings--
    And why the sea is boiling hot--
    And whether pigs have wings."
    That's a direct transcript from the Garda interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Only in 'murica

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Muise... wrote: »
    great theme tune though - he is the eggman, he is the eggman, wooooooooooooo!

Coo coo ca chu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

From the reports I read, this was an escapade carried out entirely on bicycle (the victim and assailant both rode one) and the gunman then accidentally shot himself.

There's more than a hint of comedy about this carry-on.

I don't know much about either of these fellas. I hope they recover, whoever they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Yup, and Proposition Joe is the best ever IMO.

Poor old prop joe, i never trusted that sneaky slimy nephew anyway:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

From the reports I read, this was an escapade carried out entirely on bicycle (the victim and assailant both rode one) and the gunman then accidentally shot himself.

There's more than a hint of comedy about this carry-on.

I don't know much about either of these fellas. I hope they recover, whoever they are.

Now i've seen some crazy shít in my time, but i ain't never seen a walrus on a bicycle!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

Hazys wrote: »
    Only in 'murica

didn't realise glasnevin was in America.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mr.McLovin

From the reports I read, this was an escapade carried out entirely on bicycle.

that's the recession for ye, even gangsters and hitmen are downgrading

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

It looks as if both were using the footpath to cycle on.:eek:
    Hate people who do that with scant regard for pedestrians.:mad:

It looks as if both were using the footpath to cycle on.:eek:
    Hate people who do that with scant regard for pedestrians.:mad:

Ha ha ha :D I assume your joking?

As an innocent bystander I think id be more worried about taking a stray bullet from a glock rather then a bike crashing into me on a footpath and somehow i think the intended recipient wasn't too worried about avoiding pedestrians but peddling for all he was worth to avoid getting shot

As an innocent bystander I think id be more worried about taking a stray bullet from a glock rather then a bike crashing into me on a footpath and somehow i think the intended recipient wasn't too worried about avoiding pedestrians but peddling for all he was worth to avoid getting shot

:eek:

:eek:

Having read Landos post again i sort of get more what he meant. He meant that a lad trying to whack another fella while pursuing him on a footpath showed little regard for the innocent bystanders that might also be on the footpath at the same time and he is right.

I had read it in another context

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I imagine Lando was taking the p!ss

Birneybau wrote: »
    I imagine Lando was taking the p!ss

Probably. Hard to tell by the use of emoticons

• Advertisement

Having read Landos post again i sort of get more what he meant. He meant that a lad trying to whack another fella while pursuing him on a footpath showed little regard for the innocent bystanders that might also be on the footpath at the same time and he is right.

I had read it in another context

I figured as much! You need to have your sense of humour turned on in this forum!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

That provokes a very funny mental image, despite the seriousness of the situation. :p

I figured as much! You need to have your sense of humour turned on in this forum!

Some posts ill admit i find it hard to gauge whether its said in jest or a serious context though i suppose this is after hours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

This was a low budget "clipping" attempt. No glocks, just a defective sawn-off shotgun and a bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I hope they recover, whoever they are.

Do you ? Do you really ?

hardCopy wrote: »
    This was a low budget "clipping" attempt. No glocks, just a defective sawn-off shotgun and a bike.

Nidge is feeling the credit crunch so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Looks like Hitman hit himself

Shams wrote: »
    Looks like Hitman hit himself

It could be Elmo, it could be Aido (though he dont strike me as a cyclist) or perhaps even Tommy has recovered sufficiently from his beating at the hands of Nidge to make yet another f*ck up. Perhaps it was the little lad on the bmx that previously tried to kill Dazzler

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Anyone else think it's like GTA SA when you're in the hood on your bike!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

This hitman must of been the same one employeed to take out The Viper Foley...now we all know how that ended up....:rolleyes:

Advertisement