Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RedBull

Options
  • 26-08-2013 8:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭

I went to the local Centre today as normal to get some bits and some of my favourite energy drink. I noticed some can's there with £1.35 on them and when going to the till i will be paying €2.20.

checked price of sterling to Euro £1.35 today is €1.57 Difference of 63c

bah just did some research into it ... it's made in Austria .. but the price seems a bit high for exporting it here though

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

The Red Bull in Ireland actually gives you wings though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

I went to the local Centre today as normal to get some bits and some of my favourite energy drink. I noticed some can's there with £1.35 on them and when going to the till i will be paying €2.20.

bah just did some research into it ... it's made in Austria .. but the price seems a bit high for exporting it here though

Centra will always be overpriced. They are a convenience store. You're paying 1e for the can and 1.20e for convenience

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Was this your first time in the shops or something?
    Different ones charge different prices you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Or get yourself one of them €1 substitutes... they all taste the same sh!t anyway. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Was this your first time in the shops or something?
    Different ones charge different prices you know!

no ;) most shops around here charge €2.20 for it i can get a can of monster in centra for €1.25 most times tesco it's €1.75

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

It'd probably be more productive if you inject some sugary coffee into your eye balls. Cheaper too ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Or get yourself one of them €1 substitutes... they all taste the same sh!t anyway. :p

NO NO NO NO NO :mad: They do NOT all taste the same!

Besides, I'm happy to sponsor a company who spends so much money on random dangerous stuff :)

that alone warrants my custom!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

NO NO NO NO NO :mad: They do NOT all taste the same!

Besides, I'm happy to sponsor a company who spends so much money on random dangerous stuff :)

that alone warrants my custom!

then drink monster.

It's the same price but 500ml.

and it's nicer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

It converts directly to 1.57. Then you have to take into account transport, rent, light and staff costs, all of which are higher in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Horrible stuff. Mixed with vodka, it can turn someone into a maniac.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Wouldn't clean my jacks with that stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

BeerWolf wrote: »

No way, Red Bull is miles better in both taste and... ehh....effect :P I could have 3 Blue Bears/Sharks and nada, one can of Red Bull and I'm hyper.

Have no idea what the difference is in ingredients except there's taurine in RB as the caffeine content is the same in all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,484 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

anncoates wrote: »

Who would in all fairness? It's an energy drink, not a toilet cleaning product.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Red Bull.....reminds me of bad hangovers of a Friday in College and also the smell of it in exam halls nearly had me puking!

Hate the stuff :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

anncoates wrote: »

I don't mean to point out the obvious flaw here, but it's cheaper to use bleach and that would work better than sugar and caffeine.

You are an awful silly billy

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

callaway92 wrote: »

and Coke is great for cleaning a toilet, leave it in there for a few hours and it'll be sparkling.

anniehoo wrote: »
    No way, Red Bull is miles better in both taste and... ehh....effect :P I could have 3 Blue Bears/Sharks and nada, one can of Red Bull and I'm hyper.

Have no idea what the difference is in ingredients except there's taurine in RB as the caffeine content is the same in all of them.
    Down a can of monster and you can see noise and hear colours.

There is definitely cocaine in it

If ye wanted a kick of caffeine would ye rather not get a coffee? An espresso with a dash of hot/cold milk? I would rather a nice coffe, not centra coffee or those places. Pretty sure that is the water from used ash trays

The skag from coming down off the sugar rush is awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Hate it when your in a nightclub and order vodka and redbull, paying through the nose for it then they throw you out the cheap mixed up equivalent :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Pity you didn't have sterling on you then you could have got them for £1.35 as they're obliged to sell at the displayed price under the consumer act.

Red Bull is made in Austria and sold all over Europe/world and do for the cans in your local shop to be displaying the UK price indicates they were bought in the uk/northern Ireland and more than likely bought in bulk/wholesale so they're probably making 100% profit on them. I'd have argued that I wanted to pay the euro equivalent of the sterling price which you would have been entitled to do unless it was covered with the euro price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

callaway92 wrote: »

:)

CJC999 wrote: »
    Pity you didn't have sterling on you then you could have got them for £1.35 as they're obliged to sell at the displayed price under the consumer act.

Red Bull is made in Austria and sold all over Europe/world and do for the cans in your local shop to be displaying the UK price indicates they were bought in the uk/northern Ireland and more than likely bought in bulk/wholesale so they're probably making 100% profit on them. I'd have argued that I wanted to pay the euro equivalent of the sterling price which you would have been entitled to do unless it was covered with the euro price.
    Invitation to treat.

Sterling also isn't legal tender here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

anniehoo wrote: »

Lidl do a version of redbull, ingredients are exactly the same, stuff tastes the same too but at a fraction of the cost.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Pity you didn't have sterling on you then you could have got them for £1.35 as they're obliged to sell at the displayed price under the consumer act..

No. No they're not.

The price displayed is an invitation to treat - an invitation for you to make an offer at that price. Whether or not the shop chooses to accept your offer is a different matter entirely.

Also, no shop in Ireland is obliged to take Sterling. Some do out of convenience for their customers, but the only legal tender in Ireland ie Euro.

Sigh, no they're not, this must be the most misunderstood piece of consumer law there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Stojkovic

You obviously dont realise that different countries have different VAT rates also.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Stojkovic

krudler wrote: »
    Sigh, no they're not, this must be the most misunderstood piece of consumer law there is.
    Agreed.
    A price is an 'offer for sale', it is not a binding contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,695 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

krudler wrote: »

'But that's the advertised price! You have to sell it to me for that!'

I'd love to know where the notion started, it makes zero sense. Like the moment a shop puts a price up they somehow manage to enter a binding contract with everyone who gazes at it.

o1s1n wrote: »
    'But that's the advertised price! You have to sell it to me for that!'

I'd love to know where the notion started, it makes zero sense. Like the moment a shop puts a price up they somehow manage to enter a binding contract with everyone who gazes at it.

We used to have the invitation to treat thingy printed and laminated, could shove it in the face of every Joe Duffy threatener.

If it was the case you'd get people slapping 2.99 stickers on 100 quid box sets (yes people do try that) and we would have been obligated to sell it to them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Lads Domestos is €1litre atm, much better value and far superior at jacks cleaning than coke or Red Bull. Just don't drink it!

Advertisement