Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicago Fire spin-off Chicago PD

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Very quiet thread lately. Anyone else still watching or just me? I love PD. I think it's my fav out of the 3 shows but Med is a very close second. Fire is still good, but needs a bit of a kick if you know what I mean. The season finale was excellent though.
    I like the way PD is going. I wish Antonio's character had a little more development though. I feel like he has gone from being a major to a minor character. Mouse hardly makes an appearance anymore. I would really like to see him get more screen time time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

SarahBM wrote: »
    Very quiet thread lately. Anyone else still watching or just me? I love PD. I think it's my fav out of the 3 shows but Med is a very close second. Fire is still good, but needs a bit of a kick if you know what I mean. The season finale was excellent though.
    I like the way PD is going. I wish Antonio's character had a little more development though. I feel like he has gone from being a major to a minor character. Mouse hardly makes an appearance anymore. I would really like to see him get more screen time time too.

Yeah still watching and PD would also be my favourite of the 3, but I really like the look of Chicago Justice after the taster we got last week.

I would love more character development, but on the other hand I don't want them to shift the focus too much on the characters at the expense of the weekly crimes. I feel that's where Fire is losing momentum, it's turned too soap-opery and the actual fires and emergencies aren't as big a deal any more (and most of the time just happen in the background or just there for a scene of two). In Season 1 of Chicago Fire the actual situations were much more prominent in the episodes, where they could spend up to 20 minutes or sometimes the entire episode at the scene of an emergency.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭aine1980

Still watching too definitely one of my favourite 'Chicago' shows, agree that Justice looks like it will be great also

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭squonk

I'm still watching PD. I watch all the Chicago shows and PD is still second for me after Fire. It's a great show but it just doesn't grab me like Fire does. I think Fire benefits from having some very well developed characters and I actually think that's its strength now. I know I kind of tune out of the actual emergencies on Fire now myself as they've decreased in significance to the story. I do think they should go back to making the emergencies more prominent, at least every few episodes. At this point they just seem to use the more involved emergencies as a vehicle for a character dieing, getting injured or having an epiphany of some sort.

Right now though I don't find the PD characters as compelling, certainly once you get away frm the Voight/Lyndsey dynamic & Burgess/Roman dynamic. Everybody else just seems to be there really. I feel that's a weak point for the show. Med is far better at character development and, consequentially, laying the groundwork for a more enjoyable show long term. Given another season I think Med might make it to number 2 for me and I liked the look for Justice so far so I think PD might have some catching up to do for me based on how things are going.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,859 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

It started on RTE last week really enjoyed the first two episodes glad people are saying it's still a strong show in season 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

paulie21 wrote: »
    It started on RTE last week really enjoyed the first two episodes glad people are saying it's still a strong show in season 3

It gets better as it goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,593 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Antonio Dawson becoming investigator for the DA’s office in Chicago Justice

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Wife and kids watch this , I find the acting to be shockingly poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 erhieyid

Could someone please clarify that my hearing hasn't failed! In the last episode of CPD (s2 e4), when the alderman and his wife had just left the office, Voight and the chief mentioned the missing girls being on a '****'! Is this an acronym or some sort of Chicago slang?

Is Sophia Bush leaving?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Well, the way they dealt with Sophia Bush leaving was kind of strange, but I can understand that they did not want to keep that story line too long around.

This season is a little strange, with so many hard hitting story lines in the 3 first episodes with this new transparency stuff all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Excellent season finale. Hank voight is one of the best characters on tv at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭Heckler

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Excellent season finale. Hank voight is one of the best characters on tv at the moment.

S06e01 was good. Al was my favourite character so sad to see him go.

Agree. Hank is great, as is Jason Beghes' portrayal. I think we'd all like to have someone a bit like Hank on our side to bend the rules a bit.

Lol I'm guessing with a user name Lucas Hood you're well familiar with lawmen(cough cough) acting outside the law. Starting Banshee again from the start. What a show.

Advertisement