Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junction design the Dutch pedestrian and cycle friendly way

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BenShermin

bk wrote: »
    Just look at this thread, which is about Dutch style junctions, which would go a long way to improving cycling safety, but Spook_ie has now successfully knocked the thread off topic into a completely useless discussion about cycle registration!

And he gets away with doing this on pretty much every cycling related thread!

This is pretty much the reason why I don't bother contributing to cycling related threads anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Spook_ie wrote: »
    only if the cyclists are where you expect them to be

When quality cycle facilities are provided, that's where cyclists expect themselves to be.

When the alleged 'facilities' -- and the general road/traffic conditions -- are crap, then you can expect to see cyclists in places other than in said crap.

Of course the attitude in some quarters is that cyclists are expected to stay in the crap, but that is to be expected in this country, I expect.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

This has gone way off-topic again and I'm fed up with micro-modding it, so it's getting locked this time.

However, anybody interested in discussing Dutch cycling infrastructure please follow the new master / definitive thread on that issue, here. Discussing cyclist law breaking on this thread without a strong connection to the main issue (ie Dutch cycling infra) will be treated as off-topic and/or trolling.

BenShermin wrote: »
    This is pretty much the reason why I don't bother contributing to cycling related threads anymore.

I've got that directly or indirectly from others too, so that's why the new thread is being started.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement